Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Default Madelyne Pryor: Red Queen Appreciation 2019

180px-Madelyne.jpg

24l65wj.jpg

180px-Madelyne_PryorX-Men11.jpg

Madelyne is an interesting character. Originally brought into the books as more or less a way for Scott Summers to finally "move on with his life" following the demise of his beloved Jean Grey, her precise identity and relationship with Jean was teased. Was she a clone? A reincarnation? Just an uncanny resemblance?

Maddy and Scott even went as far as producing a child together, all part of Scott basically giving up his role with the X-Men and wanting to just be happy finally.

But... heroes can never be gone for long it seems, and when the decision was made to bring back the original Jean, Scott also was pushed into active service again. This left Maddy (and their son Nate) in the lurch.

She was bitter and the two broke up but she tried to work with the Australian-era X-Men team regardless.

Ultimately the events of the Inferno crossover turned her into her "true form" as the Goblin Queen.

She also had some later roles appearing alongside her son Nathan/"X-Man". In a somewhat "more than motherly" capacity as well.

More recently she was brought back to be part of a new "Sisterhood of mutants" alongside Lady Mastermind, Selene, Spiral, and others.

Since then her whereabouts and activities remain an enigma.

Loathed by some as a "Jean knock off", loved by others as basically "Jean's id", she remains.... the Red Queen.

Link to previous, now locked, thread: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...reciation-2018
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 01-04-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

She is the most tragic character on the X-men

I really wish someone would take the main Maddie out of limbo, and that she and Jean could interact. I imagine them as having a sort of Thor/Loki dynamic.

I would like to see Madelyne make a name for herself outside the X-Men. That way she doesn't have to clash with Jean and she can be her own person or not be confused as Grey all the time.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    She is the most tragic character on the X-men
    I tend to agree. She's my favorite X-villian, for sure.

Now would be the time to make some history about her knowing that Cable is dead. Well, the one she knows is. After all, she is the mother, not Jean.

Astonishing Member

Favorite X-character

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Cool, a new and improved appreciation thread, 2019 model. Like moving into a new home. We need to get some art on the walls pronto.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Incredible Member

For the walls, I have this:
    a29ec5008a022467c55ccfafed0ea014.jpg
    cByH0LJp_3012161804541gpadd.jpg
    e2caad709ffbcc2f85e6247c0c22804e.jpg
    The famous Jim Lee Poster, a great Adam Hugues commission and a Glenn Fabry card!

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I first saw Madelyne Pryor in Excalibur during the Inferno era. I was so confused as I have no idea what's happening.

d6311dd755991b68dcaa0033fff82793._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

I thought it was Jean because Rachel called her mother, but then maybe it's not Jean? I was still trying to adjust to the fact that Jean died and there's a daughter Phoenix from the future, because I jumped on this without finishing the Phoenix saga. Rachel's Jean's daughter right, because she has Phoenix power?

Then the event was over and I saw her with a baby, that's her right because Jean's dead? Rachel flew up to where they live because she wanted to see her baby brother, the future Cable, was it?

Gosh, dang X-Men continuity. Not only you have retcon in the past, but you also have a clone in the present and multiple Nate Summers in the future too.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

A little something to hang in the foyer. I call it "Seduction of the Sun". If anyone can charm the sun from the heavens, it's Maddy. (And you thought it was night out.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 01-04-2019 at 08:11 AM.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

I was always astounded how she never fell out of the costume. But then thinking back to the late 80’s, early 90’s most x-women seemed to have magical levitating boobs that defied gravity. Lol

Ultimate Member

She was using her goblin queen magic to keep everything in place...I never viewed Maddy as the evil witch that Marvel seems to want to portray her as to whitewash Scott's actions...I wonder how things would go if Maddy came back with another kid that was at least a teen since he/she would be Cable's sibling and all...and Maddy and the kid wouldn't be evil...

Kind of always seen Maddy as a sexier Jean, more open to it all...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    I was always astounded how she never fell out of the costume. But then thinking back to the late 80’s, early 90’s most x-women seemed to have magical levitating boobs that defied gravity. Lol
    This and invisible heels and no spine!

Quote Originally Posted by Orf with his head View Post
    She had a great rack. Either that or it was girl magic.