View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 476 of 619 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I'm thinking Hickman wants full creative control over Cyke. That's why he's only in his books unlike others.
    Considering how many writers still think Scott needs to suffer for all the horrible things he did in their headcanon (and nowhere on any actual comic panels) that's probably for the best.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Ok this is really important. If kid Scott Summers had a dog what should he call it?
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Ok this is really important. If kid Scott Summers had a dog what should he call it?
    Rico, for Ricochet.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I'm thinking Hickman wants full creative control over Cyke. That's why he's only in his books unlike others.
    I noticed that too. That'll be interesting to see. Hickman is clearly the architect here and he's got quite a cast to work with. He didn't get a chance to write Cyclops that much during the Secret Wars arc, but in the small moments he did have, he really seemed to have a feel for the character. I think that's encouraging and it bodes well for how Cyclops will evolve in this era. For years now, he's been either brooding or fighting wars that don't seem to end. I think he's due for something different.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I noticed that too. That'll be interesting to see. Hickman is clearly the architect here and he's got quite a cast to work with. He didn't get a chance to write Cyclops that much during the Secret Wars arc, but in the small moments he did have, he really seemed to have a feel for the character. I think that's encouraging and it bodes well for how Cyclops will evolve in this era. For years now, he's been either brooding or fighting wars that don't seem to end. I think he's due for something different.
    Yep, I'm pretty happy about this, and has me all the more interested in HoX and PoX.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked what Hickman said, specially the idealist part.
    Scott can be so noble and dedicated and good but that all has been lost in order to survive, for controversy and drama.
    Many people don't remember that and only think of him as a jerkor for his mistakes.
    Hopeful Hickman can do something good for this character.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    He'd name it after either a famous aviator or after a favorite airplane.

BANNED

On the Hickmanclops subject, I believe that, in the same way he wants to broadly redefine mutantkind's place in the world, Hickman might also want to redefine what it means to be a leader of the X-Men in whatever the new status quo will be. According to him and the solicits, things have never been better. And I can't see anyone better than Scott, who led the X-Men through their most trying times, to do this.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Hickman also said that his plans for the X-men are divided on three "phases" the first one will be happy and up beat but he also said the second will be trouble. I can't remember if he said something about the third. So I expect one year of everything being good and smiles and then drama.

My bad if y’all already posted this but:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/sdcc-19-j...otlight-panel/
    Also at various times during the Q&A, he assured fans that Nightcrawler as an integral part of his plans, that Dazzler would show up, and that he would be writing Cyclops not as an extension of Professor Xavier’s Moses-like character, but as closer to Moses son: the second generation steward of the dream who achieves the goals more efficiently than his mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Hickman also said that his plans for the X-men are divided on three "phases" the first one will be happy and up beat but he also said the second will be trouble. I can't remember if he said something about the third. So I expect one year of everything being good and smiles and then drama.
    That actually sounds awesome, the first phase establishes the new status quo and allows him to build up the characters, then creates a disruption and I imagine the third phase would be the comeback and the resolution of the disruption (the classic trilogy model)
    And with Hickman you never know how big that disruption or what the solution will be, last time he killed the entire multiverse (and if I interpret the solicits right and the X-men will be in a different world it could even the story the MCU movies uses for the first X-men movie, Disney did end their main storyline with the MCU version of his Infinity comic)

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

While he is implicit in AvX his point was pretty spot on: making him prof X is a disservice to Cyclops. Carey and Gillen had a fine control on the idea of Scott holding the reins but AvX just blew that whole thing up. He's a good guy, Xavier's idealistic dragon. I'm pumped to see what he does next even if I don't like the new roster.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The problem was less the him taking over Xavier's place, which was an inevitable progression, but House of M.

Remember, when Morrison had Xavier leaving the X-men, he had the X-men set up to going into new places- a school bigger than ever, a thriving mutantkind, who was mostly moving away from the hated and feared phase. And then Decimation happened, and Scott becoming darker and more pragmatic was a necessity (Hickman never says he was wrong in doing anything he did) due to the siege and constant war mentality that was inevitable.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

I think Decimation guaranteed that the line wouldn't fire on all cylinders or uh... even 3% of the cylinders in a sense, but Regenesis to me was an all time high point for the character.

IMO there's a critical difference between the opening statement of Uncanny 534.1 and having teen Scott travel to the future scared senseless of becoming a "monster."
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The problem was less the him taking over Xavier's place, which was an inevitable progression, but House of M.

Remember, when Morrison had Xavier leaving the X-men, he had the X-men set up to going into new places- a school bigger than ever, a thriving mutantkind, who was mostly moving away from the hated and feared phase. And then Decimation happened, and Scott becoming darker and more pragmatic was a necessity (Hickman never says he was wrong in doing anything he did) due to the siege and constant war mentality that was inevitable.
    If anything, Hickman acknowledges what most of Utopia/Right!Clops fans agree on: Scott made the most of bad situations (and kept most everyone alive). Which is more than what the X-Office has done since, well, AvX.

Shows a lot of comprehension on the subject of Cyke's recent history.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie