View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 127 of 619 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 9276
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    They were basically hyping Scott to be the "Wolverine" of this movie, talking about how he's the guy that's not taking **** from nobody and will kill or die for Jean, whatever comes first and poor of those who stand between the two, but with so many re-shoots, I'm sure they'll even stick another Wolverine cameo in DP
    That cameo in Apoc came out of nowhere. Like, what even was the point when Hugh Jackman was retiring from the character? Also, the trailer for Dark Phoenix really makes it feel as if this is gonna be another Chuck vs Mystique vs Mags threeway movie, and less about, y'know, Jean. Much less Tyeke.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    While there hasn't been "hatred" towards mutants, the Avengers are essentially the superhero militarized arm of the US Government. A government that saw no problems with the likes of Donald Pierce and William Stryker running for office. The government has tried to wipe out all mutants before, in one way or another. It's like African-Americans being friends with police officers in 1950s Alabama or Mississippi. The officers are probably fine people, a couple might not like you but as long as they do their job it's fine. But it's hard to trust them because they represent a group trying to oppress you.
    That's not really true though. The government connection to the Avengers varies with the roster. The only times when the Avengers fought mutants on the government's call was X-Men vs. Avengers. The government even used mutants to arrest the Avengers and a mutant set them up that time. Plus just like the Fantastic Four, the Avengers were against the Mutant Registration Act.
    "Cable was right!"

Emma was right

Singer's hate for original Cyclops is great. So I don't think we will see something interesting about him in the upcoming movie. Scott's love for Jean doesn't define his character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    *Marsden.

Making Scott a bad boy/jerk is bad enough, but worse is the fact that they don't even do that right. In these characters, the jerkass behaviour is off-set by some talents and skills they posses like no other. Tyeke has absolutely none of that. He's not smart, not a fighter, not strong, nothing. He's just a dick.
    That's point they were going for.Remember X1?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    They were basically hyping Scott to be the "Wolverine" of this movie, talking about how he's the guy that's not taking **** from nobody and will kill or die for Jean, whatever comes first and poor of those who stand between the two, but with so many re-shoots, I'm sure they'll even stick another Wolverine cameo in DP
    I have to hope jackman doesn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    So anyone see the Phoenix coming back?
    I think it will. It's only a matter of time. The Phoenix never stays gone for long and I think Ed Brisson set it up nicely to have the Phoenix re-emerge, this time in Cyclops. I think that'll be a good way of coming full circle, connecting with the same force that nearly destroyed him and everyone he cares about. It'll also make for some interesting drama with Jean. They've each wielded the Phoenix Force, but they've never wielded it together. I want to see THAT story.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I think it will. It's only a matter of time. The Phoenix never stays gone for long and I think Ed Brisson set it up nicely to have the Phoenix re-emerge, this time in Cyclops. I think that'll be a good way of coming full circle, connecting with the same force that nearly destroyed him and everyone he cares about. It'll also make for some interesting drama with Jean. They've each wielded the Phoenix Force, but they've never wielded it together. I want to see THAT story.
    Maybe since Jean rejected the phoenix, the phoenix steals her husband.... Lol

If they do use Scott to bring the Phoenix back, I thin it will use him to emotionally blackmail Jean into bonding with it again. Spare him from being corrupted into being DP again by yielding the power herself

All-New Member

Hi guys. I need your thoughts on this. I know this is the best place to ask. Your help will be highly appreciated.

I'm a Cyclops fan, but I'm mostly just a lurker on CBR forums.

I stopped reading X-books since Avengers versus X-Men, and I don't know pretty much what happened since then though I'm currently having an interest again of reading the books because Cyclops got resurrected.

The last X-Men writer that got me impressed was Kieron Gillen. He did really good post AVX content, in my opinion.

I know that Cyclops is mostly dead, post AVX up to this time, but are there any materials from this time period worth buying? Preferably something that I can collect in a TPB or hardcover format. Thanks.

I pretty much had given up on DP movie because I don’t like TyeClops at all, SophieJean either, but recently I’ve heard it has lots of positive feedbacks (don’t know if they’re true tho). I may wait and see.

About the Phoenix Force, I actually have grown tired of it too and wish Scott and Jean don’t get involved with it any time soon. Jean doesn’t need PF to be a powerful woman, and Scott just needs to be shown mercy and not be dragged to it again.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post
    Hi guys. I need your thoughts on this. I know this is the best place to ask. Your help will be highly appreciated.

I stopped reading X-books since Avengers versus X-Men, and I don't know pretty much what happened since then though I'm currently having an interest again of reading the books because Cyclops got resurrected.

The last X-Men writer that got me impressed was Kieron Gillen. He did really good post AVX content, in my opinion.

I know that Cyclops is mostly dead, post AVX up to this time, but are there any materials from this time period worth buying? Preferably something that I can collect in a TPB or hardcover format. Thanks.
    Nothing particularly worth the money during these years tbh, maybe Bendis Uncanny X-Men? It happened right after AvX and AvX consequences and the first half of the run was relatively good comparing to others. And we have a 12-issue TeenCyclops solo series about his space adventure with his father Corsair, not bad, if you’re interested. If you want to know how he was resurrected, Extermination and the new UXM annual were about it, but they were only worth reading not buying in my opinion.
    Last edited by Cyyyke; 01-29-2019 at 09:07 AM.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    That's point they were going for.Remember X1?
    I know, but at least they failed to make him a dick in OG trilogy(they just said he was, never shown). New movie... *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Cypocalypse View Post

Welcome to the forum, I liked Bendis run, except for the ending. But in my opinion it was a nice run, specially the cyclops-magik relationship that acted like brother-sister. After that, there is not much to go, before cyclops was revealed as dead.

BANNED

So,i guess Scott died in Age of X-man.Hence the name "Summers Institute"
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 01-29-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So,i guess Scott died in Age of X-man.Hence the name "Summers School"
    Seems likely, i always suspected something like that since i heard the name of the institute.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona