View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 404 of 619 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 9276

I don't know why readers liking an edgier Cyclops bothers Marvel so much.

But if it's a problem for the company, just ignore it and take a new approach.

Stop trying to change our minds with this redemption nobody asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    The funny thing is that if Scott hunted down and killed a room full of Purifiers after they attacked a bunch of mutant children, I wouldn't think less of him as a character for it. He could go and mass murder a whole bunch of racist horrible people and I would think that those people got what was coming to them. Lastly, Logan would do the same thing. Rahne got murdered, and Logan hunted down her killers with Kwannon and tried to murder them all. I am not sure if he succeeded because they went off panel after the O.N.E. raided the house, but Logan always does that. Holding Scott up to a different standard while giving other characters like Logan, Cable, and Bishop a free pass is hypocrisy.
    Scott being the First X-Man has on his shoulders the responsibility of always being perfect and faultless, he is judged harder than others because he has to serve as an example to the rest.

If I were he, I would give up the X-men and I'd be the Clint Barton of the Champions. Like "Leave me alone, I'm human, I'm going with my friends."
    Last edited by Glio; 06-24-2019 at 11:49 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Lawl, this is about Cyclops needing "redemption" for ignoring Wolverine's crush/manpain, isn't it?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Lawl, this is about Cyclops needing "redemption" for ignoring Wolverine's crush/manpain, isn't it?
    It's either that or the off panel scene in which Cyclops forgot to share his chocolate cake with the rest of the X-men.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I don't know why readers liking an edgier Cyclops bothers Marvel so much.

But if it's a problem for the company, just ignore it and take a new approach.

Stop trying to change our minds with this redemption nobody asked for.
    I agree, the whole thing is that characters grow and change dynamically over the years. Scott has grown up, he is less idealistic than he was in his youth, a bit more cynical and jaded. Xavier's dream is starting to look a little dusty and tarnished and doesn't really stand up to the endless evil the human race keeps perpetuating against mutants. This is character growth.

That's one of the reasons I liked Utopia. After Decimation the humans rounded up all the mutants at the X-Mansion and surrounded them with Sentinels. Anyone who wanted to leave the mansion had to wear a tracker so the O.N.E. could monitor their whereabouts. Scott made the only choice possible, he realized if they wanted to be free they had to form their own nation, so they left the mansion behind and founded Utopia. Magneto had tried this before, but he kept threatening everyone all the time instead of trying to negotiate some kind of understanding and peace. Scott tried to work with the city, state, and country governments to recognize Utopia as independent. He was trying to do it the right way in the hopes that the mutants would survive.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It's either that or the off panel scene in which Cyclops forgot to share his chocolate cake with the rest of the X-men.
    This sounds legit for me, i patiently waiting for the lengthy 6 issue arc the explore this grave sin
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Scott once finished the milk and left the empty bottle in the fridge in the mansion.

What else could it be? Scott and Logan's latest break-up is all about the very thing I mentioned.

Cyke: "Dude! What the efff??? The world doesn't revolve around your manp..."
    Wolverine: "Manpaaaiiinnnn!!!!' Why won't you lov... I mean, why won't you get it???!!! We're the saaaammmeeee!!!"

The alternative would be current X-Editorials claiming they knew years ago (!!!) that Cyclops needed redemption for a story that, huh, has yet to be told.

What else could it be? Scott and Logan's latest break-up is all about the very thing I mentioned.

Cyke: "Dude! What the efff??? The world doesn't revolve around your manp..."
    Wolverine: "Manpaaaiiinnnn!!!!' Why won't you lov... I mean, why won't you get it???!!! We're the saaaammmeeee!!!"

The alternative would be current X-Editorials claiming they knew years ago (!!!) that Cyclops needed redemption for a story that, huh, has yet to be told.
    I wonder if Rosenberg was doing the subtext on purpose or not, Logan phsycho-tsundere antics were even more obvious here than usual.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I wonder if Rosenberg was doing the subtext on purpose or not, Logan phsycho-tsundere antics were even more obvious here than usual.
    Logan seems to be all the time about to kiss Scott lately.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Considering Scott now has to rescue Wolverine as well, I wouldn't be surprised.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Emma: "Wait, did I unwittingly set this up?"

How much does Logan weigh with adamantium? Could Scott pull him out like a fireman?

Emma: "Wait, did I unwittingly set this up?"
    She called Scott and Logan "a hot bromance". It must have been her subconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    How much does Logan weigh with adamantium? Could Scott pull him out like a fireman?

She called Scott and Logan "a hot bromance". It must have been her subconscious.
    It was there since the turn of the century, Scott died, Jean is single for 7 moths and he never makes a move. Emma just put then in the right circumstances.

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Bah, just put Logan on a chair or whatever and have Cyke shoot him across the room/landscape/whatever at the right angle. Rinse and repeat.

Cyke: "Yeah, I'm not lugging you across the entire distance, brah. Sorry, not sorry. This is going to hurt."
    Wolvie: "Wait, n..."

Wouldn't explain Emma's seeming unawareness of Beast and Iceman's crushes on her man, though. These two have been giving Logan a serious run for his money during the last decade.