View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 336 of 619 FirstFirst ... 236286326332333334335336337338339340346386436 ... LastLast
Results 5,026 to 5,040 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm not saying that the double standard is completely justified. I'm just outlying a reason why it makes sense to fear a metaphorical hot grenade-o aka mutants versus a someone that got into an accident but decided to become a "hero". There's a larger element of unpredictability and lack of control with the former. I do agree that the minority metaphor would make a bit more sense if it was mutant vs metahumans. For mutant vs humans? I'd start with gun violence and control.
    I’ve often wondered if anyone would ever make a gun violence/control X-Men story. Nightwing The New Order felt like it had themes of that.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    I will be okay with Scott and Jean getting back together, my only hope is that Scott and Emma keep a friendly relationship.
    In my head, is so see Maddox and Layla doing the Scott/Jean/Emma/Logan multi angle thing (taking a page from Angel Season 3, where Wes and Cordelia summarize Angel and Buffy’s relationship.......

On topic, Scott is practically lost without Jean around to keep him from brooding excessively, and to actually be social, maybe even smile more often.....yes with Emma he was a bit more aggressive and prone to joke a bit, but as the situation for Mutants got worse (Decimation, Messiah Complex/ Second Coming, Avengers Vs X-Men) Scott got more militant, alienating many longtime team mates (Beast, Kitty, Storm, eventually Wolverine), forming a Kill Squad in X-Force, becoming more like Magneto (something that Magneto even commented on).......they did address this when Jean came back, that she should have been there to help.......makes me wonder, has this whole thing been a manipulation? Think about it.......Cyclops comes back from being merged with Apocalypse, his traditional supporter/ wife is suddenly, out of character mind you, ignoring his plight so he has no choice but to go to Emma (who kinda helps, in the form of that psychic affair), Scott runs to a bar after Jean confronts Emma, while he and Wolverine are on a side quests Xorn reveals he’s Magneto (but not really), goes on a rampage, Jean as Phoenix fights him but is killed, Scott eventually is with Emma......what happens if this was someone’s long, long game......destroy the X-Men, discredit their leader, potentially remove a potential threat in the Mutant Messiah.......what if either someone hails from the future/ saw the future where Hope was born, but in the Mansion, and a full Summers instead of adopted by Cable, and that the threat was so great to someone, they where willing to do everything possible to keep Jean and Scott off the board or off balance......when Jean returned, maybe it was only a matter of time before either Cyclops returned or their role in events where revealed, so they got Nate Grey, messed with his head, supercharged his, set him after the X-Men, knowing that they’d get Jean off the board somehow.....it’s almost like someone has a personal gripe with Cyclops......maybe they manipulated all three (Scott, Jean and Emma).....the best candidates are Gamemaster, (it fits his MO, wanting revenge for his loss last time), Stephen Lang (who kinda created the Phoenix, Scott hated him then, and he later kidnapped / killed Jean’s sister), Bastion (Nimrod, who knows the future and possibilities), Mastermind (a somehow not Dead Jason Wyngarde, wanting revenge on Cyclops for his 2 worse defeats.....it’s possible he faked his death.....and manipulating the X-Men is something he’s done, perhaps he got a improved telepathic enhancer, this time going after Emma for failing last time, but wanting Cyclops to suffer the most, engineering the troubles Scott and Jean had before her death.......he may have even privately gloated when Cyclops died......but when Jean returned, he knew it was only a matter of time before the X-Men discovered him, and since death is a temporary problem for X Members, knew he had less time before Cyclops eventually came back as well, and then he’d be really in trouble......so he just, as I stated earlier, set things in motion to remove the team)

We’ll see what happens between now and #21.......I have a feeling #22 would be the Teams return, Scott and Jean’s reunion properly this time, Xavier coming back.....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    In my head, is so see Maddox and Layla doing the Scott/Jean/Emma/Logan multi angle thing (taking a page from Angel Season 3, where Wes and Cordelia summarize Angel and Buffy’s relationship.......

On topic, Scott is practically lost without Jean around to keep him from brooding excessively, and to actually be social, maybe even smile more often.....yes with Emma he was a bit more aggressive and prone to joke a bit, but as the situation for Mutants got worse (Decimation, Messiah Complex/ Second Coming, Avengers Vs X-Men) Scott got more militant, alienating many longtime team mates (Beast, Kitty, Storm, eventually Wolverine), forming a Kill Squad in X-Force, becoming more like Magneto (something that Magneto even commented on).......they did address this when Jean came back, that she should have been there to help.......makes me wonder, has this whole thing been a manipulation? Think about it.......Cyclops comes back from being merged with Apocalypse, his traditional supporter/ wife is suddenly, out of character mind you, ignoring his plight so he has no choice but to go to Emma (who kinda helps, in the form of that psychic affair), Scott runs to a bar after Jean confronts Emma, while he and Wolverine are on a side quests Xorn reveals he’s Magneto (but not really), goes on a rampage, Jean as Phoenix fights him but is killed, Scott eventually is with Emma......what happens if this was someone’s long, long game......destroy the X-Men, discredit their leader, potentially remove a potential threat in the Mutant Messiah.......what if either someone hails from the future/ saw the future where Hope was born, but in the Mansion, and a full Summers instead of adopted by Cable, and that the threat was so great to someone, they where willing to do everything possible to keep Jean and Scott off the board or off balance......when Jean returned, maybe it was only a matter of time before either Cyclops returned or their role in events where revealed, so they got Nate Grey, messed with his head, supercharged his, set him after the X-Men, knowing that they’d get Jean off the board somehow.....it’s almost like someone has a personal gripe with Cyclops......maybe they manipulated all three (Scott, Jean and Emma).....the best candidates are Gamemaster, (it fits his MO, wanting revenge for his loss last time), Stephen Lang (who kinda created the Phoenix, Scott hated him then, and he later kidnapped / killed Jean’s sister), Bastion (Nimrod, who knows the future and possibilities), Mastermind (a somehow not Dead Jason Wyngarde, wanting revenge on Cyclops for his 2 worse defeats.....it’s possible he faked his death.....and manipulating the X-Men is something he’s done, perhaps he got a improved telepathic enhancer, this time going after Emma for failing last time, but wanting Cyclops to suffer the most, engineering the troubles Scott and Jean had before her death.......he may have even privately gloated when Cyclops died......but when Jean returned, he knew it was only a matter of time before the X-Men discovered him, and since death is a temporary problem for X Members, knew he had less time before Cyclops eventually came
    back as well, and then he’d be really in trouble......so he just, as I stated earlier, set things in motion to remove the team)

We’ll see what happens between now and #21.......I have a feeling #22 would be the Teams return, Scott and Jean’s reunion properly this time, Xavier coming back.....
    That’s alot to unpack.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Better to stick with the Phoenix/Sinister/Xavier basic Trinity of Scott suffering.

Wait i though it was Sinister/Xavier/Apocalypse?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Wait i though it was Sinister/Xavier/Apocalypse?
    Sinister/Xavier/Apocalypse/Void/Phoenix.

Ironically, you could argue the last 2 did the least damage.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Sinister/Xavier/Apocalypse/Void/Phoenix.

Ironically, you could argue the last 2 did the least damage.
    Sure says a lot when folks like IWillJailRapIMeanMurderYou!Verine and IWillRapIMeanEndangerTimeAndSpace!Beast aren't on anyone's radar, lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Sure says a lot when folks like IWillJailRapIMeanMurderYou!Verine and IWillRapIMeanEndangerTimeAndSpace!Beast aren't on anyone's radar, lol.
    Oh. I thought we were talking about people/cosmic beings occupying space in Scott's head? XD
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

What are you all talking about?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    What are you all talking about?
    Listing the usual suspects behind Cyke's suffering. Fluffy and bell suggested their big 3. I went with the starting 5. Then Fluffy pulled the rug from under us by adding the blokes with pent-up sexual aggression for Cyke.
    Let your wallet talk.

Seeing as how the Phoenix corrupts the authors (per Gambit, King of Thieves) and is part of a Cyke-Hater’s greatest hits (AvX), the Phoenix definitely belongs on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Seeing as how the Phoenix corrupts the authors (per Gambit, King of Thieves) and is part of a Cyke-Hater’s greatest hits (AvX), the Phoenix definitely belongs on the list.
    Much of Maddie's is also Phoenix's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Much of Maddie's is also Phoenix's fault.
    Nahh that is Sinister wanting Cyclops babies

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Nahh that is Sinister wanting Cyclops babies
    I don’t understand the fascination with a Summers/Grey baby. Nate’s powerset is based of Jean. I don’t see how adding Scott would make a Grey offspring omnipotent.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    I don’t understand the fascination with a Summers/Grey baby. Nate’s powerset is based of Jean. I don’t see how adding Scott would make a Grey offspring omnipotent.
    Summers+Grey(clone)+Retcon= Nathan Cable Summers.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.