View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 607 of 619 FirstFirst ... 107507557597603604605606607608609610611617 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That sounds nice.
    It is strange, Cyclops has been defined by the X-men for so long, the team has been the center of his life since he was a kid. I struggle to imagine him outside of it. What is Cyclops without the X-men?
    Well, if HCT hadn't happened, a recluse, an Alaskan fisherman, and a cadaver in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Not really. A solo implies character development for the main character. Scott is just the point of view character for the books.
    A well written one does

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    A well written one does
    If you're going in assuming this is a Scott solo. To this point Hickman has done what he said: this isn't a solo, and the cast changes from book to book. I don't particularly like the voices his characters have or the stories so far, but he hasn't lied yet.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

That sounds nice.
    It is strange, Cyclops has been defined by the X-men for so long, the team has been the center of his life since he was a kid. I struggle to imagine him outside of it. What is Cyclops without the X-men?
    He'd probably just focus on family life afterward.

Also, maybe mentoring the Champions? I'm not sure on what he would do afterward.

Either way, the X-men's fight seems pretty endless in the mean time.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Actually he is só inefficient, that the other teams will have to solve the problems. Now, Hal Jordan in The Green Lantern is efficient.
    Cyclops need a solo asap, and Christopher Priest just finished his Deathstroke run, and one thing Prist remembers when writing superheroes ia that the are supposed to be efficient and good in what they do.
    Oh? Is Green Lantern worth picking up? I kinda bailed once Soranik Natu and the Yellow Lanterns bailed from the book, and I didn't pick up Hal Jordan's book.

I think a solo would be better than what X-men currently is but what do you think would be the supporting cast?
    What would you like Scott to do?
    A Cyke solo book in the current Dawn of X era, to me, would have him working with non-mutant characters, to be honest.

But otherwise, I'd have either a slice-of-life book (sort-of like what we have now, just not labeled "X-Men") or an Extinction Team 2.0. Speaking of, where's Danger at now? Wasn't she bunking with Lorna the last time she was seen?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post

A Cyke solo book in the current Dawn of X era, to me, would have him working with non-mutant characters, to be honest.

But otherwise, I'd have either a slice-of-life book (sort-of like what we have now, just not labeled "X-Men") or an Extinction Team 2.0. Speaking of, where's Danger at now? Wasn't she bunking with Lorna the last time she was seen?
    She's not a mutant, even if she has the access to Krakoa she's not a citizen of Krakoa. Plus machines may not be welcomed in Krakoa.

A Cyke solo should focus on his Commander duty and training.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    If you're going in assuming this is a Scott solo. To this point Hickman has done what he said: this isn't a solo, and the cast changes from book to book. I don't particularly like the voices his characters have or the stories so far, but he hasn't lied yet.
    No way X-men feels like a Cyke solo, it's just a world building book, creating plots for other works.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 12-06-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    She's not a mutant, even if she has the access to Krakoa she's not a citizen of Krakoa. Plus machines may not be welcomed in Krakoa.

A Cyke solo should focus on his Commander duty and training.

No way X-men feels like a Cyke solo, it's just a world building book, creating plots for other works.
    Danger is sort-of Xavier's neglected daughter, imo. Would love to see her (and the Extinction Team) return.

And agreed-- X-Men is less Cyke solo and more Cyke-featured. A solo would imply character development for the protagonist. X-Men, for the past 3 issues, is more "hey, look! WORLDBUILD! LET'S SEND CYKE IN!"

Apart from the first issue, we don't see much development from Cyke. He's just kinda... there.

I don't know. I'm really just hoping there's more plot to this book. Otherwise, it's kinda a waste of money. Might as well just buy the other books for the full story and drop this one.
    Last edited by xiyon; 12-06-2019 at 02:25 AM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Danger is sort-of Xavier's neglected daughter, imo. Would love to see her (and the Extinction Team) return.

And agreed-- X-Men is less Cyke solo and more Cyke-featured. A solo would imply character development for the protagonist. X-Men, for the past 3 issues, is more "hey, look! WORLDBUILD! LET'S SEND CYKE IN!"

Apart from the first issue, we don't see much development from Cyke. He's just kinda... there.

I don't know. I'm really just hoping there's more plot to this book. Otherwise, it's kinda a waste of money. Might as well just buy the other books for the full story and drop this one.
    Marauders seems like the book that'll matter the most in DoX.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Marauders seems like the book that'll matter the most in DoX.
    X-Force thus far has had the most important plot point happen.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    X-Force thus far has had the most important plot point happen.
    True. But Marauders feels like the true flagship of DoX.

Oh? Is Green Lantern worth picking up? I kinda bailed once Soranik Natu and the Yellow Lanterns bailed from the book, and I didn't pick up Hal Jordan's book.

Yes! It's Grant Morrison. One of the best things, is that se getso much for issue, something that would take almost an arc in today's comics, Morrison does in one. And is Hall Jordan at his best, imo, Morrison tone down the trouble maker hothead in favor of the "experienced space cop".

What I really want from Cyclops solo is to it be a solo, not line Coates Black Panther where T'Challa if off panel in half the pages and Shuri, Storm and the supporting cast does mostra of the work while Black Panther walks around feeling conflicted.
    I want to read something line Daredevil, Wolverine or Deathstroke. Something about the main charactet walk around having adventures and actually be the main character.

Mighty Member

Yes! It's Grant Morrison. One of the best things, is that se getso much for issue, something that would take almost an arc in today's comics, Morrison does in one. And is Hall Jordan at his best, imo, Morrison tone down the trouble maker hothead in favor of the "experienced space cop".
    I might pick it up, then. I always felt that Geoff John's Hal Jordan and Utopia!Clops were kindred spirits (and then Geoff John's Sinestro and AvX!Clops).

What I really want from Cyclops solo is to it be a solo, not line Coates Black Panther where T'Challa if off panel in half the pages and Shuri, Storm and the supporting cast does mostra of the work while Black Panther walks around feeling conflicted.
    I want to read something line Daredevil, Wolverine or Deathstroke. Something about the main charactet walk around having adventures and actually be the main character.
    Agreed. If X-Men were to be a Cyke solo book, then actually make it a solo book. Leave the world-building / plot teasers to the other books if that's where it's going to be explored. As things are, I feel I've been spending for a whole lot of nothing / filler. Like, the book isn't bad, but it feels like it's going nowhere, either.

Not good. Not bad. Not even close to great. Just... alright at best. Maybe bland at worst.
    Let your wallet talk.

BANNED

So, this is the last time we see Scott in 2019.
    What's your best and worst moment of Scott in 2019?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked him meeting with the champions as an adult. That was the best.
    Worst was probably on Rosenberg's run when he was shot in the eye by Hope.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-06-2019 at 08:08 AM.

Mighty Member

I liked him meeting with the champions as an adult. That was the best.
    Worst was probably on Rosenberg's run when he was shot in the eye by Hope.
    This. Both of them. I'd also add that Rosenbubbles' run is best forgotten.
    Let your wallet talk.