View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 349 of 619 FirstFirst ... 249299339345346347348349350351352353359399449 ... LastLast
Results 5,221 to 5,235 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Do Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Hawkeye, Spider-Man, The Thing get this much conflict on their appreciation pages? Let’s focus on Cyclops, and that he made some really poor judgement calls and since it’s comics know he’ll be able to bounce back
    The conflict comes from people coming here just to bash the character.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The conflict comes from people coming here just to bash the character.
    I noticed......you don’t see the TFW2005 Boards fully bash Drift or Hot Rod....as much as they did......there’s threads for all geek subjects, and in fact the moderators would first warn those who don’t follow the rules, then they get fully banned.....just saying.....

What would it take for people to stop bashing Cyclops? He’s no longer a revolutionary, general of an army and stopped dating Emma Frost....(even though there’s slight defense, Future Jean, in the White Hit Room nudged Cyclops into that can of worms to avoid a Dark Future if Scott wasn’t around......or something, I kinda ignored Morrison’s Run and wish it was non canon/ or a AU take)......does he have to go back in time and stop himself from merging with Apocalypse? Stop himself from poorly handling Madelyn, maybe actually saying “Warren called, my dead girlfriend just showed up alive and I have to know for sure it’s her......I’ll be back”. Or tell himself earlier “She’s a clone of your true love.......Jean’s still alive, just in stasis.....and Madelyn would only end in pain for everyone involved.....here’s where the Avengers find Jean, go find her “

Scott Bashing seems to be the norm nowadays, he seems to be the most divisive members......probably stemming either from X-Factor #1, (leaving Madelyn to meet with Jean, not mentioning he was married to Jean’s look a like/clone to Jean and having a kid for a few issues) his 90’s self was seen as maybe too White Bread, like Superman, Shazam, or Captain America at the time, or his last 15 Years.......
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-20-2019 at 09:52 PM.

I noticed......you don’t see the TFW2005 Boards fully bash Drift or Hot Rod....as much as they did......there’s threads for all geek subjects, and in fact the moderators would first warn those who don’t follow the rules, then they get fully banned.....just saying.....

What would it take for people to stop bashing Cyclops? He’s no longer a revolutionary, general of an army and stopped dating Emma Frost....(even though there’s slight defense, Future Jean, in the White Hit Room nudged Cyclops into that can of worms to avoid a Dark Future if Scott wasn’t around......or something, I kinda ignored Morrison’s Run and wish it was non canon/ or a AU take)......does he have to go back in time and stop himself from merging with Apocalypse? Stop himself from poorly handling Madelyn, maybe actually saying “Warren called, my dead girlfriend just showed up alive and I have to know for sure it’s her......I’ll be back”. Or tell himself earlier “She’s a clone of your true love.......Jean’s still alive, just in stasis.....and Madelyn would only end in pain for everyone involved.....here’s where the Avengers find Jean, go find her “

Scott Bashing seems to be the norm nowadays, he seems to be the most divisive members......probably stemming either from X-Factor #1, (leaving Madelyn to meet with Jean, not mentioning he was married to Jean’s look a like/clone to Jean and having a kid for a few issues) his 90’s self was seen as maybe too White Bread, like Superman, Shazam, or Captain America at the time, or his last 15 Years.......
    You'll notice the people who bash Scott blame him for something that happened to their characters, usually blaming him for Jean being dead for so long. Both in universe and out of.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You'll notice the people who bash Scott blame him for something that happened to their characters, usually blaming him for Jean being dead for so long. Both in universe and out of.
    Oh for......it was Marvel Editorial......they thought they had to shake things up a bit

Oh for......it was Marvel Editorial......they thought they had to shake things up a bit
    And as a result, they blame Scott for being the focal point in the direct aftermatch. Though Emma gets a LOT more hate for that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I haven't seen him in anything but the first Twilight film (I have a sister who had final say in most things growing up) and he wouldn't have been my first pick for either role.
    Hah. My sister had Twilight 1 on loop for a week while she studied. I ended up piecing together the whole movie, scene-by-scene, whenever I visited her room.

Also, since I'm unsure of the specifics of the X-Men movie rights now: Tom Cruise as Scott Summers, yay or nay? I remember reading somewhere how he was supposed to be MCU Tony or something along those lines. Maybe if DisMarvel approaches him now, he'll sign his name?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    If WB seriously considering Robert Pattinson for the role of batman, do you thing he could've played Cyke as well?
    Yes. But my first pick for Scott would have been Taron Egerton.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Hah. My sister had Twilight 1 on loop for a week while she studied. I ended up piecing together the whole movie, scene-by-scene, whenever I visited her room.

Also, since I'm unsure of the specifics of the X-Men movie rights now: Tom Cruise as Scott Summers, yay or nay? I remember reading somewhere how he was supposed to be MCU Tony or something along those lines. Maybe if DisMarvel approaches him now, he'll sign his name?
    Despite being an introvert I’m actually pretty good at making friends and working with others. I made numerous friend-girls, and the closest ones among them practically bullied me into reading ALL of the Twilight books. I then proceeded to point out the numerous flaws and basically ruined the books for them.

I’ve entertained the idea of John Krasinski, Jensen Ackles, and Karl Urban to take up the role. Not for any particular reasons, I just like them.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I could get behind that casting, but I think that might be hoping for too much. I think after Kingsmen, Egerton is seeking different roles and Cyclops would be a pretty lengthy commitment. Maybe that'll change, but I think Disney and Marvel will opt for a lesser known actor who can grow into the role.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

I...never considered him. Huh. Hrmm....

I kinda peg him as best with the cocky, arrogant role, but I thought the same thing with Chris Evans and he turned out to be a very good MCU Cap. Maybe?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Amazing Member

mine would be richard madden.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I could get behind that casting, but I think that might be hoping for too much. I think after Kingsmen, Egerton is seeking different roles and Cyclops would be a pretty lengthy commitment. Maybe that'll change, but I think Disney and Marvel will opt for a lesser known actor who can grow into the role.
    Makes sense. I'd still enjoy him on the role, but I can see Marvel picking someone less known, so Cyclops can do for him what Cap did for Evans.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I...never considered him. Huh. Hrmm....

I kinda peg him as best with the cocky, arrogant role, but I thought the same thing with Chris Evans and he turned out to be a very good MCU Cap. Maybe?
    TBF, Egerton could maybe work better for post M-Day or revolutionary Scott. I think he could do wonders with these more aggressive versions of Scott. But I think he could pull off BoyScott very well too.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 05-21-2019 at 04:53 AM.

BANNED

Not enough range for my taste. Garrett Hedlund is my choice.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

All the actors mentioned are too old for him at this point. and will be even more by 2023 or whatever. If Marvel begins with the X-men as teens, which is more likely, they'll probably cast an unknown.

I am in favor of the X-Men starting with 28 years or so and in the first film have already been active for a while. The movie could start with Kitty Pryde arriving at school.

In that sense it was a good idea that FOX films had, the problem is that they developed it badly.