Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 619 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

^^^ Well said. I think you're completely right that Cyclops can just never completely get over Jean. But if Cyke had a "one true pairing" person to end up with after the on-again/off-again that comes from a never-ending story like this, I'd like for it to be with Emma. Jean will always involve a love triangle with Wolverine and that always makes Cyclops come off as the insecure boyfriend/husband. Being with Emma largely removed Cyclops from that and I like that a lot.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Eeeeh... love is a strong word. I find him a necessity ^^

I first know about him from a remake/expanded version of the original Giant-Size X-Men. He got home, shirt torn, and without his mutant powers after an encounter with Krakatoa... I mean, Tamatoa... I mean Krakoa.

That wasn't deliberate, I actually did forget the island name.

I really like the art style, but I can't find it because I don't know what's the expanded series name. All I can say is my first introduction being battle worn, shirtless and messy hair, who was thankful that he lost his power but then screamed as he got the curse again, is quite endearing.

He turned out to be a stiff later, but at that time he was quite attractive.

Edit: Found it! Classic X-Men!

3c87055496e311b02cccb8952227df7e._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-03-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I love Emma, and I like Scott, but their relationship was beyond repair at that point. They deserve to be at each other's side as close friends, but their relationship was always unfair to both of them. Scott could never truly forget about Jean, which hurt Emma and made Scott feel guilty because he genuinely tried to make it work.
    I think it was not about Jean, Jean was long dead and she was not their main problem at that time. It was about all the crap and pressure since Schism, AvX and the hell P5 that made them stuck in a nearly desperate position both on X-Men and their relationship. They were so broken, I feel so sorry for them, which was why I really want them to face these together and get through the hard time like they used to. (Even if Bendis or Marvel didn't want Scott to get back together with Emma at least don't let him talk to her like that...)
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

I love Emma, and I like Scott, but their relationship was beyond repair at that point. They deserve to be at each other's side as close friends, but their relationship was always unfair to both of them. Scott could never truly forget about Jean, which hurt Emma and made Scott feel guilty because he genuinely tried to make it work.
    This only makes me wish they’d made it work even more.

It's a heart wrenching moment because you know if she didn't shift into diamond form to dampen her emotions, she was going to cry from that, and she has too much pride to let that happen.
    That was a real gut punch for me. It made me miss the heyday of their romance. So many things in that relationship that were amazing.
    I wish in the future there could be a storyline where the two of them are rivals, Cyke for the X-Men and Emma for the HC, both for the good for mutantkind in their own way, but still acknowledge that they love each other and respect their history

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    I think it was not about Jean, Jean was long dead and she was not their main problem at that time. It was about all the crap and pressure since Schism, AvX and the hell P5 that made them stuck in a nearly desperate position both on X-Men and their relationship. They were so broken, I feel so sorry for them, which was why I really want them to face these together and get through the hard time like they used to. (Even if Bendis or Marvel didn't want Scott to get back together with Emma at least don't let him talk to her like that...)
    Warsong (which tried to bury Jott as much as possible in favor of Scemma) even explained that Emma felt incredibly insecure about Scott still dreaming about Jean. Even after that, she admitted that intimacy was hard because he tended to think about Jean, which is a nightmare for a telepath.

Emma was right

I don't think Jean was a problem for Scemma. For 14 years she was hardly remembered.
    It’s just since the Utopia, Scott was more in love with his job than with Emma. Yet I still believe that they can find a way to each other.

Warsong (which tried to bury Jott as much as possible in favor of Scemma) even explained that Emma felt incredibly insecure about Scott still dreaming about Jean. Even after that, she admitted that intimacy was hard because he tended to think about Jean, which is a nightmare for a telepath.
    Endsong was the issue where Scott moved on with Emma warsong had nothing to do with Jean

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Endsong was the issue where Scott moved on with Emma warsong had nothing to do with Jean
    I always get those two confused. Especially since the Shi'Ar are going to war with the Phoenix in Endsong.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Jean was talked about all throughout the mini. It ended with Emma threatening her

I understand, but still I don't think it was that bad as it was deliberately made by writers to appear to be, Jean was long dead and nobody knew she would ever come back, in normal sense Scott should have been just missing her as missing his deceased wife who he loved deeply but now was gone forever and moved on with his life if he didn't commit suicide or give up on life (which he had attempted to but in the end not managed to).

There were parts in Scemma's relationship I don't like and I believe nobody likes, such as Emma wearing Jean's costume, Scott sleeping with one thinking about another, I automatically classify them as sick writing and choose to see the beautiful and, more importantly, reasonable parts. His love for Emma was true and Emma knew that, there wasn't a competition between her and Jean, except writers just couldn't help creating toxic parts and making a huge deal about it. I guess I just don't want to let those toxic parts bug me so much.
    Last edited by Cyyyke; 01-03-2019 at 08:43 AM.
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean was talked about all throughout the mini. It ended with Emma threatening her
    I don't recall Jean brought up in the same manner as it was in Endsong with Scott thinking about her.

I recall Beast saying Jean went Dark like other X-Men
    I recall the Cuckoo's saying not even Jean could control the Phoenix
    And I recall Emma plotting revenge against the Phoenix unsure of its nature or if it's Jean or not.

The central plot was about the Cuckoo's origin
    But I don't recall any Jott stuff in Warsong or day dreams from Scott and the story itself wasn't Jean centric at all
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-03-2019 at 11:17 AM.

BANNED

Wasn't warsong not canon?

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Wasn't warsong not canon?
    It is. Its not referenced much but it hasnt been retconned as not being canon. The Cuckoos getting diamond powers like Emma and having a Phoenix fragment within them was followed up in Fraction's run

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It is. Its not referenced much but it hasnt been retconned as not being canon. The Cuckoos getting diamond powers like Emma and having a Phoenix fragment within them was followed up in Fraction's run
    It also created the White Phoenix of the Crown, detailed the Cuckoos full origin, and created a trauma fueled lifelong vendetta against the Ultra Mega Chicken that everyone promptly forgot about because who needs continuity?