View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 465 of 619 FirstFirst ... 365415455461462463464465466467468469475515565 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,975 of 9276
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Not just the kiss, but the whole run seemed a very stupid way of giving a **** you to anyone that liked Scott and Emma (not just their relationship) in the 21st century.
    That is what Morrison did with Scott and Jean, it is not cool but that happened before.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Sinister mentioned a third Summers brother back in the early 90s. Folks just thought 'Hey, they look alike, have crazy red eyes and their power signature is kinda similar'.

Nicieza's actual plan was for Adam-X to be it, though, but Marvel (thankfully) decided that Katherine Summers being raped/impregnated by D'Ken was seriously uncool, so they just dropped it.
    The third summers brother plot line was really wasted. Adam-X or Vulcan, it should have been something bigger and better.
    maybe not Gambit (though that would have been weird) but someone that interacted a bit more with the x-men

Sinister mentioned a third Summers brother back in the early 90s. Folks just thought 'Hey, they look alike, have crazy red eyes and their power signature is kinda similar'.

Nicieza's actual plan was for Adam-X to be it, though, but Marvel (thankfully) decided that Katherine Summers being raped/impregnated by D'Ken was seriously uncool, so they just dropped it.
    Ewww glad they dropped it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That is what Morrison did with Scott and Jean, it is not cool but that happened before.
    Except he didn't. Scott still cared deeply about Jean and was devastated to the point of leaving the X-men for good when she died. Jean loved Scott enough to push him to move on and be happy. And the **** you of this run wasn't just about Scott and Emma's relationship, but everything, this is what happening since issue #11- Scott the guy that destroyed mutantkind, Havok couldn't let the X-men be what it was before, etc.

D_yUndSUwAATct_.jpg

Hell Yeah Bitches (TBH I don't own nor I plan to own a switch, at least in the near future, but it's good to know he's playable)

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    D_yUndSUwAATct_.jpg

Hell Yeah Bitches (TBH I don't own nor I plan to own a switch, at least in the near future, but it's good to know he's playable)
    What game is this?

Mighty Member

Except he didn't. Scott still cared deeply about Jean and was devastated to the point of leaving the X-men for good when she died. Jean loved Scott enough to push him to move on and be happy. And the **** you of this run wasn't just about Scott and Emma's relationship, but everything, this is what happening since issue #11- Scott the guy that destroyed mutantkind, Havok couldn't let the X-men be what it was before, etc.
    Pretty much this. I mean, we've seen Scott walk away, then the events of HCT happens, and Jean (is implied to) psychically force/coerce/nudge Scott to move on. It felt less like an FU and part of an actual story. Here? Rosenbubbles made a point to dump on Logan and Emma (and Bishop?) It's a nice picture, but there's no way you can say he wasn't telling everyone to eff off his ship.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Mighty Member

I'm down for Scott randomly igniting and the X-Men going "WTF, the Phoenix pacemaker is real? We thought you were just being cheesy and sucking up to Jean or something!"
    . . . . .you're giving carrots to my fanfiction plot bunnies again. . . . . . .. .
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    What game is this?
    Marvel Ultimate alliance 3 for the switch

Marvel Ultimate alliance 3 for the switch
    Looks like i am getting a switch. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Looks like i am getting a switch. Lol
    It’s a decent system; I’m no brand loyalist, I own a couple of different game consoles, and the Switch has some good games. I will get UA3, just not until Cyke is playable.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well, at least Morrison could write (most of the times).

Morrison's run was an FU to Scott/Jean fans. That wasnt his intent but thats the taste he left in the mouths of many of us. It was very damaging to the point that fans of the characters were divided and ended up hating Scott or Jean for their failures in the relationship. The kiss at the gravesite felt like a big middle finger to all Jean fans. It wasnt bad enough that he killed her off and then paired Scott with her enemy; he just had to have them making out literally over Jean's dead body. There was nothing in that entire run that a Scott/Jean fan could take comfort in. NOTHING. Thankfully writers since then have reaffirmed Scott's love and feelings for Jean, bc Morrison sure as hell didnt. Under him, Scott didnt leave Jean bc he was devasted at her death; he felt guilty for his actions and went into a depression. Jean removed that guilt which led to him no longer caring as much about his actions and officially pairing up with Emma. Thats the story Morrison wrote

X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar

D_yUndSUwAATct_.jpg

Now I REALLY wanna get a Switch. I'll take Ultimate Alliance 3 over that Squeenix Avengers crap any day. Wish they didn't use his '90s costume, but I'll admit that it's probably the most well-known.

Which brings me to a question: what do you think is Scott's "definitive" costume? Wolverine has the blue/gold or brown/tan. Nightcrawler's classic flat-out iconic, and Colossus has...the one he almost always has.

I think it might be either his Cassaday Astonishing costume or the Utopia-era costume at this point. I will admit that I have a huge soft spot for the revolutionary costume and am glad it's getting an update come HoX.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Now I REALLY wanna get a Switch. I'll take Ultimate Alliance 3 over that Squeenix Avengers crap any day. Wish they didn't use his '90s costume, but I'll admit that it's probably the most well-known.

Which brings me to a question: what do you think is Scott's "definitive" costume? Wolverine has the blue/gold or brown/tan. Nightcrawler's classic flat-out iconic, and Colossus has...the one he almost always has.

I think it might be either his Cassaday Astonishing costume or the Utopia-era costume at this point. I will admit that I have a huge soft spot for the revolutionary costume and am glad it's getting an update come HoX.
    I think the best answer to the question of "which is X's definitive costume" is whichever X was using when most of his fans first came to know X, most of the X-men's "definitive" costumes are the 90's costumes, because of the animated series, there are some exceptions of course but that's because of particular having some very important comic/series/movie that defined them, like Jean with the Phoenix costume (it also helps that her 90's costume wasn't that good).

To me the best costume Scott's had is a hard question, there are lots of good ones, I think if it wasn't because of the visor his revolution costume would be my favourite, so I'm really liking his HoX costume, if it only didn't have the condom head it would be by far the best, his 90's csotume to me it's ruined by being in the last breath of the underpants being on the outside for superheroes, if it only didn't have that (like he doesn't have in MUA3, but the way they did it brings too much attention to the massive pouches) it would be much better