View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 507 of 619 FirstFirst ... 7407457497503504505506507508509510511517557607 ... LastLast
Results 7,591 to 7,605 of 9276

I like Scott being the field leader but it does feel kind of like a step backwards to me, but I think this role will turn out better for Scott than being the leader of the mutants. I do like that Scott and Xavier seem to be in a good place.. though I kind of wish we got to see them have a heart to heart. I don't like missed beats. Same goes with Scott and Jean, but I am glad we are moving forward.

I can't wait to see Scott, Jean, Wolverine and the others in action in HOX #3. I do like seeing Scott being confident and strong.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I like Scott, he is my second fave but I didn't like him (or anybody) being the absolute leader of mutankind.
    The X-men are a team and nobody should be above everybody else, unless it is as a teacher/parental figure.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Scott feels more comfortable leading the X-Men than the mutants. He did it because there simply was no other viable alternative. Xavier was in moral bankruptcy, Ororo was busy in Wakanda, Jean died, Logan is a big no.

He probably felt that if he didn't do it, nobody was going to do it.
    Pretty much these. I vaguely remember Cyke wondering why people assumed he was leader back in San Francisco, and then Utopia happened where Cyke had to assume the role to unite the mutants. And then Schism happened, where Cyke was even willing to step down and put Logan in charge if it meant they would still be united, since in Cyke's mind, unity meant better chances of survival. And then in Gillen's run, he then made his own committee.

To me, Scott's the type of dude who is happy having a Sunday bbq with friends, but is perfectly capable of taking over any situation when shite hits the fan. He wouldn't enjoy the latter, but would do it out of necessity.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I like Scott being the field leader but it does feel kind of like a step backwards to me, but I think this role will turn out better for Scott than being the leader of the mutants. I do like that Scott and Xavier seem to be in a good place.. though I kind of wish we got to see them have a heart to heart. I don't like missed beats. Same goes with Scott and Jean, but I am glad we are moving forward.

I can't wait to see Scott, Jean, Wolverine and the others in action in HOX #3. I do like seeing Scott being confident and strong.
    I'm honestly more amused that, with how bad the X-Books have been recently, Hickman just did a Jedi hand-wave and even Utopia!Scott's detractors are cheering for Utopia 2.0 / Genosha 3.0-- and the best part is, with Cyke not at the helm, he can be absolved of responsibility when the other boot eventually drops.

So, we get a competent Cyke back and he's got an alibi. Best early xmas present ever.

I just hope Emma will be given a similar deal.
    Last edited by xiyon; 08-21-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So I have been busy lately and I am behind on most of the forums. What do we think so far of Scott in HOX/POX? I love his characterization and dialogue so far but he's back to being Xavier's general and I wanted to see what everyone thought about this. Is it going backward for Scott, or is it better for him to be Xavier's warrior than to be himself the leader of mutant kind?

Thoughts?
    It would be a step backward if he didn't keep his mature behavior. If we saw Scott doubting himself, hating who he is and cowering on Xavier's shadow, I'd say it's regression. But the few pages Hickman gaves us shows him confident, calm and ready to do what he must.

Also, I doubt he wants to be the leader of mutantkind (like in Utopia) or to be the one holding the team in its darkest hour (Rosenberg). I'm not saying Scott is one to run from his responsibilities, because he isn't. But I think he'd only do it if there was no other way. And he'd be back where he was after M-Day, gritting his teeth with his back against the wall, making the hard choices. Xavier created a mutant utopia which has all it needs to last, not just focus on survival. Scott probably knows where he's needed and that's as field leader. Leave it to Xavier and Magneto to handle the politics and he can be a hero for his people again.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Scott feels more comfortable leading the X-Men than the mutants. He did it because there simply was no other viable alternative. Xavier was in moral bankruptcy, Ororo was busy in Wakanda, Jean died, Logan is a big no.

He probably felt that if he didn't do it, nobody was going to do it.
    Or worse yet, somebody megalomaniacal might do it instead.
    Dark does not mean deep.

It's funny how the mutant leader position actually came to him as co-director of the school in Decimation. By offering asylum to mutants even if they weren't X-Men, he became de facto their leader, whether he liked it or not. Although Emma theoretically had the same authority in school as he did, they both knew that she was not suitable for being the public figure.

From november solicitations
    X-MEN #2
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • LEINIL FRANCIS YU (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY Ron Lim
    When an island full of unspeakable horrors appears on the horizon, the X-Men have their work cut out for themselves keeping Krakoa safe!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I'm sad, I don't like Yu covers and Marvel hasn't show much about variants for this book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    From november solicitations
    X-MEN #2
    JONATHAN HICKMAN (W) • LEINIL FRANCIS YU (A/C)
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    2099 VARIANT COVER BY Ron Lim
    When an island full of unspeakable horrors appears on the horizon, the X-Men have their work cut out for themselves keeping Krakoa safe!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I'm sad, I don't like Yu covers and Marvel hasn't show much about variants for this book.
    I'm just glad to know krakoa didn't fall.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I'm just glad to know krakoa didn't fall.
    It is interesting because I thought the Krakoa issue was going to end after HOX and POX. It is good that continues, it shows Marvel has long term plans and there is still a lot to discover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is interesting because I thought the Krakoa issue was going to end after HOX and POX. It is good that continues, it shows Marvel has long term plans and there is still a lot to discover.
    I just hope by issue three other characters show up alongside cyclops.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm honestly more amused that, with how bad the X-Books have been recently, Hickman just did a Jedi hand-wave and even Utopia!Scott's detractors are cheering for Utopia 2.0 / Genosha 3.0-- and the best part is, with Cyke not at the helm, he can be absolved of responsibility when the other boot eventually drops.

So, we get a competent Cyke back and he's got an alibi. Best early xmas present ever.

I just hope Emma will be given a similar deal.
    It seems almost too good to be true.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to it even if slightly skeptical.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I have remembered when Bruce Banner reassured Tyke by telling him that he believed Adult Scott was a hero.

It was a nice touch. Obviously he can empathize with everything about Dark Phoenix.

I miss Bruce hangin' with other characters but I guess he's too busy beating up Satan and trying to conquer the world before Xavier, Coulson, and Carnage do it.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I miss Bruce hangin' with other characters but I guess he's too busy beating up Satan and trying to conquer the world before Xavier, Coulson, and Carnage do it.
    Is Bruce really still dead from CW2? Wow. I know we have a million Hulks running around, but that's still surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Is Bruce really still dead from CW2? Wow. I know we have a million Hulks running around, but that's still surprising.
    no he's back but is mostly on the run while devil hulk has 95% of the interactions with people from other books
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate