View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 390 of 619 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 9276
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I have been rereading the original Secret Wars and I noticed that at that time characters like Hulk or Thing referred to Scott as "kid".

I think it was from the 90s / 2000s when it started to look a lot older than that. The fact that Beyonder teleported Scott in the middle of his honeymoon and then returnedhim a week later by dropping him into a bush is stupidly funny. Poor Maddie and Scott.
    Kind of a double entendre there...then again it means I probably need help...
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I have been rereading the original Secret Wars and I noticed that at that time characters like Hulk or Thing referred to Scott as "kid".

I think it was from the 90s / 2000s when it started to look a lot older than that. The fact that Beyonder teleported Scott in the middle of his honeymoon and then returnedhim a week later by dropping him into a bush is stupidly funny. Poor Maddie and Scott.
    How old would nate be then?

JDW can say he’s around 27, but Scott hasn’t been in his 20’s since the 90’s if we want to bring up “canon”. If we want canon, Emma is said to be 2 years younger than Jean. She was 27 in Morrison’s run, Scott was 25-26 during Dark Phoenix, and in 1992, Beast celebrated his 30th birthday under Nicieza, and in a question about Scott’s age a year ago, JDW himself said he’d say about 32, but no older, which was also supported by Nicieza himself. “Canonically” and “timeline” he hasn’t been in his 20’s in almost 20 years. JDW can’t even keep his own statements right, editor or not.
    I wrote the book.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    How old would nate be then?
    Cable? I guess Maddie would get pregnant during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    SECRET WARS Ororo: What the fresh hell?

SECRET WARS Charlie: I'm back, idiots. Kneel!

SECRET WARS Peter: OWO age appropriate relationships can be cool!

SECRET WARS Erik: UWU The W-Wasp l-l-likes me! (relatable)

SECRET WARS Logan: Grrsnikity I tells ya we're gonna butcher those villains and I'll gut that Beyonder and I'll bubbabubbabubba!

SECRET WARS Scott: Down boy! Down!

SECRET WARS Rogue and Kurt: I don't know. I do not remember. I only remember them being on the covers.

glio how accurate is this
    Much.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke101 View Post
    JDW can say he’s around 27, but Scott hasn’t been in his 20’s since the 90’s if we want to bring up “canon”. If we want canon, Emma is said to be 2 years younger than Jean. She was 27 in Morrison’s run, Scott was 25-26 during Dark Phoenix, and in 1992, Beast celebrated his 30th birthday under Nicieza, and in a question about Scott’s age a year ago, JDW himself said he’d say about 32, but no older, which was also supported by Nicieza himself. “Canonically” and “timeline” he hasn’t been in his 20’s in almost 20 years. JDW can’t even keep his own statements right, editor or not.
    Like he said before, this doesn't matter. Marvel wants them to be around 27, so they are.

Even Cap occasionally treats Scott as a "boy" when is dismissive of him. Scott has been looking older than he really is since he was always very responsible, in the Champions that was explored.

We also have to add ... 10? extra mental years due to The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. And an extra year or two of Tyke. In total he would be a man of 28 years who has lived mentally about 40 years.
    Last edited by Glio; 06-17-2019 at 03:52 PM.

he was 25 when he marry Jean, seems she was dead for a few weeks.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Even Cap occasionally treats Scott as a "boy" when is dismissive of him. Scott has been looking older than he really is since he was always very responsible, in the Champions that was explored.

We also have to add ... 10? extra mental years due to The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix. And an extra year or two of Tyke. In total he would be a man of 28 years who has lived mentally about 40 years.
    Yep, AvX was full of that talk with Captain America.

As for Cyke, no wonder he's all kinds of messed up.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Like he said before, this doesn't matter. Marvel wants them to be around 27, so they are.
    It does matter, because continuity wise and other writers and his own words as well, it’s different. Right now he can say it, but it doesn’t change any facts that can’t be changed either. I think it’s more up to the individual at some point. If anything, it’s more his opinion and also against something he said a year ago.
    So no, they aren’t. Scott’s factually, based on years of established writing on paper, that also passed other editors, more likely in his early 30’s. Even if I throw him a bone, Parker was established by Slott to be 28 just a few years ago before the 8th month fast forward since then that was also a few years ago, putting him at least 28-29 at his youngest, and of Scott is the same age, then he’s not 27 either.. He can say “things change”, but that doesn’t make his words anymore true if he can’t get his own continuity right. And if that’s the case, his words hold little weight or can be ignored if he can’t get his own continuity or appreciate it right and tile up fans. It’s no better than Breevort in that regard, and he’s a moron.
    Last edited by Cyke101; 06-17-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    I wrote the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke101 View Post
    Thank you, is why I had gotten confused because JDW him self had said Scott was in his early 30s and now he is late 20s.

Like I said I think at some point, it may be at what info you take up. Even if we take him at his youngest, which would be about Spider-Man’s age of 28 as a few years ago, then we had the 8 month gap, a couple more years since then, he’s probably 29. Scott, at his youngest, should be 29. Oldest, which if following canon information, probably early 30’s. 32-34 at the most.
    At the end of the day, I wouldn’t hold editors any higher than the actual writers who establish the information to begin with.
    I wrote the book.

Marvel ages and timespans as declared by writers in the text are irrelevant as too much time cannot pass and it is more efficient to think of character ages in 5 year brackets and measure by how far characters who actually age have come than hurt your head trying to solve unsolvable math using outdated metrics and ages. The O5, the 70's Second Genesis characters, and Spider-Man are all in the 25-30 bracket, and they're not leaving it anytime soon. Continuity is a frequently renovated structure comprised of solid matter. Time is the honey milk created by pouring the Honey Nut Cheerios in the bowl with the milk. It is fluid because it is a liquid, and its status is determined by the Cheerios, which for our purposes are the current status quo and stories within them.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Marvel ages and timespans as declared by writers in the text are irrelevant as too much time cannot pass and it is more efficient to think of character ages in 5 year brackets and measure by how far characters who actually age have come than hurt your head trying to solve unsolvable math using outdated metrics and ages. The O5, the 70's Second Genesis characters, and Spider-Man are all in the 25-30 bracket, and they're not leaving it anytime soon. Continuity is a frequently renovated structure comprised of solid matter. Time is the honey milk created by pouring the Honey Nut Cheerios in the bowl with the milk. It is fluid because it is a liquid, and its status is determined by the Cheerios, which for our purposes are the current status quo and stories within them.
    It isn’t irrelevant. Sliding timescale and all that happens to modernize events going to allow the characters to exist within a present time period to allow the stories and progression to transition as smoothly as possible to fit with the times. It doesn’t make sense because it doesn’t have to is fine. However, by moving things down like he has, that disregards way to many events to back up what he says. Also by going what he says, he said something completely different a year ago that fit better with the continuity. X-Men have been a very progressive faction of the MU as far as aging and bringing in new characters and getting older while still adhering to its own time scale. Because of that, we know Jubilee is 18-19 based on 2 birthdays. We know Kitty is old enough to drink, making her A member for 7 years at least inside her own timeline. It isn’t uncommon for own characters to really follow a consistent stream of aging, but that doesn’t make Kitty now just 5-6 years younger than Scott or Jean etc. The fact writers have been able slide the timeline while holding back the character ages has been done for decades, nothing new. But because we have established numbers that have been followed up writer after writer like Claremont to Morrison, that is canon to a degree. Ages will never make sense in a sliding timescale, but we do have established facts to go off of, not JDW’s opinion of what he wants it to be as an editor.

TL;DR You shift the world around the characters, not the characters around the world.
    Last edited by Cyke101; 06-17-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    I wrote the book.

Comic Geek in General

Characters Ages are like Dragon Ball Power Levels......pointless to keep track of .......(I’ve argued with a cart pusher at work who maintains the Dragon Ball Power Scale means anything........while I know it’s crap)

The only important thing about the age of Cyclops is how it is in relation to others. He is the same age as Emma, Peter Parker and Jean, he is somewhat older than Colossus, he is much older than the New Mutants, he is younger than Xavier, Reed Richards, Captain America and Tony Stark ...