View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 579 of 619 FirstFirst ... 79479529569575576577578579580581582583589 ... LastLast
Results 8,671 to 8,685 of 9276
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Who do you think has more haters between Cyclops and Emma?
    Oh, Cyclops, and there is no debate; besides the fact he's more popular and has been around longer, he's been the romantic rival and bosses around the designated cool guy of the MU. There's probably no character in comics with that many haters.

BANNED

Who do you think has more haters between Cyclops and Emma?
    Cyclops, no doubt. He's the guy that stands between the badass poster boy Wolverine, who's the true love of Jean. This is important because it means Cyclops is hated also by casuals who don't read comics and don't have a lot of knowledge about them. Emma is not that well-known, so she definitely has way less people after her. When it comes to comic book fans, it's pretty much the same. Some people are angry that Scott got a lot of spotlight between Morrison and Secret Wars. He robbed other characters of greatness, such as Jean who was, according to the tinfoil hat crew here, killed for the sake of his character arc.

There isn't any dispute in this aspect. Scott is and will continue to be more hated than Emma.

Always Cyclops, he gets all the hate.

Now my question, why do most of you have Emma as a avatar picture?

Did i miss something? Been avoiding this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Now that's a tough one. Most of the worst haters of one hate the other as well.
    I said that is probanly Scott, he filled the Boy Scout leader archertype for a long time and sadly that kind of characther tend to recieve more flak than is deserved.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post

Community spirit(get it?).

We're uniting our avatars in honor of the characters Hickman favors while punching down others. Emma is the first. Next is Magneto!
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 11-01-2019 at 07:51 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post

Fluffy's idea. It's Emma week.

BANNED

Nightcrawler so high?
    Also Jean above Emma seems strange, I always read more people talking about Emma on social media than Jean. I thought by this time she would be more popular
    You can joke, who knew?

I dunno about you guys but i feel hot with Emma's avatar hahaha

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Either way, with Halloween coming up, per the change of my avatar, what would everyone expect Scott to wear on Halloween if he was forced to? He has worn a mustache in the past, so the expectations are low. I'm thinking he wouldn't even participate and just leaves fruits outside.
    Forget about the civilian clothing, I've changed my mind.

Boom-Boom: "Oh my gawd, Cyke, I get it, you're still totally butthurt about us slingshotting you into that huge-ass pillar of what we assumed to be eternal shadow and flame, but surely you understand that you and Lorna didn't give us any other choice, right?"
    Cyclops: "Really, now."
    Boom-Boom: "Dude! You two were practically sitting in each other's lap and sucking face the whole time!"
    Cyclops: "We weren't doing anything of the sort and you damn well kno... "
    Boom-Boom: "You were sitting on her lap, whatever! That's not the point! You two shameless sex-crazed fiends - your exes' words, not mine - showed no respect whatsoever for the sanctity of Fort Happy Sunshine and traumatized the crap out of those kids!"
    Cyclops: "Prove it."
    Boom-Boom: "What?"
    Cyclops: "The alleged lapsitting and facesucking. Prove it."
    Boom-Boom: "Seriously? Fine, whatever. The kids uploaded a crapload of pictures, it will literally take a second. Right here, you two... No, not that one. Not that one either. Not those, huh, ten, no, fifteen next ones either. Hold on, I know it's there somew... Ah! See, you have your arm around her shoulder and she's got her arm around your waist. There you go!"
    Cyclops: "I had my arm around her shoulder and she had her arm around my waist."
    Boom-Boom: "That's obviously not all, duh. Look, she's totally leaning against you, poking you in the ribs and you two are ooobviously sharing a private laugh over the unspeakable things you'll do to each other once you've ditched the kids and holy crap it just dawned on me that's basically your life story."
    Cyclops: ".........................."
    Boom-Boom: "I know, right? Look, the actual logistics - or facts, I guess - don't really matter. The point is, those kids were so terrified they couldn't even finish the first season in one sitting and the whole binge watching slash cockblocking scheme was their idea to begin with!"
    Cyclops: "Yes, clearly they didn't just fall asleep after the twentieth or so consecutive episode."
    Boom-Boom: "Cyke? Don't be that guy, 'kay? The smiling was creepy enough, but the PDA thingy took it to a whole new level of oh-my-God-what-the-eff-is-wrong-with-him-this-isn't-our-Cyclops. Clearly, killing you off and having Chuck reset your personality to four weeks ago or whatever was the sensible thing to do."
    Cyclops: "I don't care about that, Tabitha. I'm beyond f***** pissed you tried to do the same to Lorna, though."
    Boom-Boom: "You weren't there, man! Lorna freaked the efff out over her hapless lust puppet being thrown into a dark sun or whatever, we tried to reason with her, but she just wouldn't listen, next thing we know she's going all Dark Polaris and - look, we didn't have a choice, okay?"
    Cyclops: "........................."
    Boom-Boom: "Come on, whatever happened to letting bygones be bygones? So, yes, we kinda tried to kill you both so we could pretend the last few weeks of shippy ickyness didn't happen - but that's only because we care so much - and so what, really? Not only did you totally survive the huge-ass pillar of eternal shadow and flame thingy, but the two fluffiest, most adorable pyrokinetic psychic magical space puppies spawned from it and adopted you as their mommy and daddy while the rest of us have to fight each other or suck up to you jerks for a decent slot on the pet sitting schedule. You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize we're the ones who totally got screwed over and you should be apologizing to us, not the other way around. "
    Cyclops: "You haven't actually apologized for anyth..."
    Boom-Boom: "For the love of... Cyke, you just know I'd be the most kickass godmother slash Yoda figure ever, stop fighting it."
    Cyclops: "Tabitha, you do realize Maleficia and Nefaria self-identify as..."
    Boom-Boom: "Mal and Nef. Don't be such a square, sheesh. Wait, is it Summers-Dane or Dane-Summers? I asked Lorna, but she just told me off. I think she's still mad."
    Cyclops: "........................."
    Cyclops: "We haven't discussed hyphenation. Anyway. As I was trying to say, Mal and Nef self-identify as hellfireborn harbingers of fire and death."
    Boom-Boom: "So? If anything, that's some seriously badass branding. Tiny furry space Balrogs slash Reapers. Sweet, fluffy magical space puppies. Same thing, really."
    Cyclops: "Tabitha, they wouldn't stop talking about igniting and/or incinerating meatbags across the multiverse until Lorna and I..."
    Boom-Boom: "Here we go with the melodrama again. See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. Tonight's about the children, but noooo, you have to stand there like a jerk, whine about your failures and manpain and ruin everyone's good time."
    Cyclops: "Pray tell, how exactly, am I doing any of tha..."
    Boom-Boom: "You still won't let Mal and Nef try and ignite my time bombs! Or vice versa. Honestly, what's the point of becoming a parent if you're not going to let your sweet, fluffy, magical space puppies power combo the crap out of everything, ever?"
    Cyclops: "Other than the fact that we're currently standing on a sidewalk of a rather busy suburban street on Halloween night?"
    Boom-Boom: "My point exactly! The kids would love it!"
    Cyclops: "Tabitha Smith. Lorna and I were almost murdered by individuals we care for and trusted..."
    Boom-Boom: "Whine, whine, whine. We apologized for that alrea... Oh. Nevermind."
    Cyclops: "We have barely gotten any sleep during the past two weeks on account of having to watch the entire Supergirl series not once, but thrice..."
    Boom-Boom: "Not cool, dude. Mal and Nef are rocking the efff out of those Supergirl costumes. Also, they missed the first screening and wanted to make sure they didn't miss anything, so you can't hold that against them. Or anyone, really. Because you'd be ruining everyone's good time. On Halloween night. Jerk."
    Cyclops: "Last but not least, I think Lorna and I have been rather good sports about those botched Halloween costumes you made for us."
    Boom-Boom: "Come on, how were we supposed to know your visor or shades wouldn't fit under the Bat-cowl?"
    Cyclops: "....................."
    Boom-Boom: "Don't give me that look, it's not a Batsuit without the cowl. So you two had to switch costumes at the last minute. Big whoop."
    Cyclops: "Actually, my primary concern is Lorna's current visibility and mobility."
    Boom-Boom: "I know, right? She can't see crap through that cowl and she keeps almost tripping over those ridiculous leggings and cape. Too funny."
    Boom-Boom: "Would you just relax, the kids aren't actually going to let her faceplant or anything. I think. Sheesh. Take the good with the bad, man. I mean, yeah, sure, that breastplace is looking sort of totally the wrong size on account of you not being, well, Lorna, but you're seriously rocking that skirt and those boots. Better yet, the Internet thinks your Wonder Woman cosplay is kicking major ass, even moreso than Kitty's, so, really, that's something else you should be thanking us fo... Oh, wait, Kitty says you're a jerk and a costume idea stealer and... yup, everyone hates you all over again. Oh well, that's what you get for stealing costume ideas, I guess."
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-01-2019 at 02:27 AM.

The worse part is now everyone wants to tie up Cyke
    For the Greater Good.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    For the Greater Good.
    ???

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Ooooh. Cyke as Myke Meyers, lol? Inspired casting.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    For the Greater Good.
    Dunno which is worse, the kidnapping/bondage drama or the Scott-Summers-is-a-jerk-for-ruining-Kitty's-Halloween drama.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    ???
    It was a Cyke-dressed-up-as-Wonder-Woman joke.

I'll tell you guys something... I am really sick of how JDW talks about "Cyclops fans".

I count myself among those who dislikes how the character was treated since the Schism, specially after AvsX when every issue we had at least one line of Cyke-bashing. What annoyed me the most was because it was extremely out-of-character having Storm or Iceman condemning him while working with Wolverine or Tony Stark. (Remember when Storm was supposed to be the edgy leader? Claremont, anyone?)

Also, I really appreciate the character arc he went since Messiah Complex to become leader of the mutant race when nobody stepped up. He didn't ask for it but became a good leader in Utopia and saved the mutant race from exctintion. He went too heavy on AvsX, of course, but guess what... it worked and mutantkind was back! It simply doesn't make sense to have child-killer Wolverine condemning him for having x-kids fight

If I wasn't convinced that he was a villain (not more than Wolverine or Cap America or Tony Stark) it was because the writers were not competent enough. It felt like they were trying to shove down my throat that he was NEW MAGNETO when he cleary was not. There simply wasn't good in-story reasons for that claim.

Now after all of that, we have Xavier and Magneto on Krakoa being 100% more extreme than Cyke ever was and nobody questions if they are villains or whatever. Just another sign that it never made sense to have a whole decade of Cyclops-bashing.

Having said that, not buying that stuff makes me a "fanatic fanboy" in JDW eyes? That hurts my feelings and makes me not wanna consume Marvel stuff anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I'll tell you guys something... I am really sick of how JDW talks about "Cyclops fans".

I count myself among those who dislikes how the character was treated since the Schism, specially after AvsX when every issue we had at least one line of Cyke-bashing. What annoyed me the most was because it was extremely out-of-character having Storm or Iceman condemning him while working with Wolverine or Tony Stark. (Remember when Storm was supposed to be the edgy leader? Claremont, anyone?)

Also, I really appreciate the character arc he went since Messiah Complex to become leader of the mutant race when nobody stepped up. He didn't ask for it but became a good leader in Utopia and saved the mutant race from exctintion. He went too heavy on AvsX, of course, but guess what... it worked and mutantkind was back! It simply doesn't make sense to have child-killer Wolverine condemning him for having x-kids fight

If I wasn't convinced that he was a villain (not more than Wolverine or Cap America or Tony Stark) it was because the writers were not competent enough. It felt like they were trying to shove down my throat that he was NEW MAGNETO when he cleary was not. There simply wasn't good in-story reasons for that claim.

Now after all of that, we have Xavier and Magneto on Krakoa being 100% more extreme than Cyke ever was and nobody questions if they are villains or whatever. Just another sign that it never made sense to have a whole decade of Cyclops-bashing.

Having said that, not buying that stuff makes me a "fanatic fanboy" in JDW eyes? That hurts my feelings and makes me not wanna consume Marvel stuff anymore.
    Tony Stark did nothing wrong, stay blessed.

Who is JDW anyway?

I thought Cyclops started having fans because of his post-HoM extreme portrayal. Fans tend to gravitate towards complex characters.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post

I thought Cyclops started having fans because of his post-HoM extreme portrayal. Fans tend to gravitate towards complex characters.
    Nah,he already had fans before that.