View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 398 of 619 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    This was sort of brought up in another thread, but it was pointed out that Scott's kids typically all have Jean's powers, except for Ruby of course. This made me realize that Scott doesn't have a legacy character. Any wonders as to why or is there a character that seems like a potential protege for Scott that I'm missing?
    Scott's much more about his personality and method than his powers. I don't see anyone else in the 616 measuring up to that. Besides, isn't legacy code for retired?

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Scott's much more about his personality and method than his powers. I don't see anyone else in the 616 measuring up to that. Besides, isn't legacy code for retired?
    I mean, technically yes. It's not that I would like Scott to have a copy running around, I was wondering what others thought about the situation. Although I have to say, I like your take on the situation.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    This was sort of brought up in another thread, but it was pointed out that Scott's kids typically all have Jean's powers, except for Ruby of course. This made me realize that Scott doesn't have a legacy character. Any wonders as to why or is there a character that seems like a potential protege for Scott that I'm missing?
    Scott's legacy character is Surge, but apparently nobody has the wits to actually develop what could be an amazing dynamic.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Scott's legacy character is Surge, but apparently nobody has the wits to actually develop what could be an amazing dynamic.
    Ah, if someone would use any of the New X-men characters besides X-23...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Scott's kids are legacy characters of him too, even if they don't necessarily have his powers. You can throw Alex as a legacy character of him too, since he was created much later.
    I gotta disagree with that. I dont see any of his kids as legacy characters for him. They dont have his powers and they havent used his codename and havent even taken up his mantle in terms of attributes or role within the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I gotta disagree with that. I dont see any of his kids as legacy characters for him. They dont have his powers and they havent used his codename and havent even taken up his mantle in terms of attributes or role within the X-men.
    I have to agree - there is always something visual in a legacy character that calls back to the original somehow - Ruby and Surge both have the potential to be Scott's legacy characters, but that would require them to be used somehow.

Or in Ruby's case, to actually be introduced into mainline continuity somehow.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I know it was because Bendis was creating new mutants to use and all, but it never made sense that Surge and some of the older Academy X students stayed at the school when Scott and Co. came to recruit.

Mighty Member

110% agreed! Man, I miss the Academy X/New X-Men kids...

At least Elixir's still popping in occasionally. But, darn, the X-Office really dropped the ball with Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I have to agree - there is always something visual in a legacy character that calls back to the original somehow - Ruby and Surge both have the potential to be Scott's legacy characters, but that would require them to be used somehow.

Or in Ruby's case, to actually be introduced into mainline continuity somehow.
    <cries in despair>

Hickman... I know you prolly never thought of it... but please somehow bring Ruby into the fold.

This is likely headcanon, but I think that Scott and Yana bonded over a few unsaid things. At that point, neither one was in a good place with their brother. Colossus actually asked Storm to kill Illyana during the prelude to that run, and Alex was busy playing lapdog to Cap - whose later Hydra reveal actually retconned AvX into making a bit more sense.

Plus with having gone Dark Phoenix Scott had a better sense of Yana having to hold in the Darkchylde. But in the end they come across as somewhat codependent substitute siblings more than anything else.
    That's the way I thought of it as well. At shippiest, Cyke and Yana, to me, would be platonic life partners. But alas, editorial even took this relationship away.

2) - I am getting the feeling that Yana isn't all that interested in guys - the subtext was always there under Claremont (like it is for all his major female characters) but has also been being signaled under other writers. Maybe Yana will ask Scott to be the surrogate father for her and her partner. We have to hold out hope for eKaterina somehow, right?
    Yana/Ruby is my fanfiction ship~~~
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yana definitely isn't into guys. It is probably for the best.
    Scott needs more not romantic relationships.

I don't remember if this was already confirmed, but if it isn't I'm thinking most of you will love hearing the confirmation that Rosenberg isn't writing any X-book after Hickman

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    I don't remember if this was already confirmed, but if it isn't I'm thinking most of you will love hearing the confirmation that Rosenberg isn't writing any X-book after Hickman
    Well, that's good, but doesn't mean any X-character I like won't be borrowed by him.

Where did he say that?

Where did I put that happydance gif?
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

I just don't want him near Cyclops, at least until he figures out how to recover the magic he had back then.

After Rosenberg we are going to have Jason Aaron writing a mini of Cyclops * Monkey paw flexes a finger *