View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

    171 79.17%
  • Absolutely!

    88 40.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 400 of 447 FirstFirst ... 300350390396397398399400401402403404410 ... LastLast
Results 5,986 to 6,000 of 6697
  1. #5986
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Goodness forbid a leader try to maintain an air of confidence in the face of numerous obstacles.

  2. #5987
    Astonishing Member AHRNIHAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Goodness forbid Scott try to maintain an air of confidence in the face of numerous obstacles.
    See not so hard.
    "Being some sort of mutant guardian has always been more of Scott's gig""
    -Angel,x men blue #35

    "I believe in the Summers family"
    -Warpath,astonishing x-men #15

  3. #5988
    Extraordinary Member Gray Lensman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9,824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Goodness forbid a leader try to maintain an air of confidence in the face of numerous obstacles.
    Who claimed anything like that? I'm just pointing out that Logan could easily draw the wrong conclusion from what he saw. Rogue....well, I think she trusted Scott to make the difficult decisions because she also saw how much he beat himself up after the fact. When she didn't see that anymore, it probably reminded her of Xavier at his worst, despite the fact that Scott absolutely needed to hide his doubts during that period.
    "Theory: The Phoenix doesn't corrupt the characters, it corrupts the authors." Gambit, King of Thieves

  4. #5989
    Astonishing Member Hizashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    4,119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Who claimed anything like that? I'm just pointing out that Logan could easily draw the wrong conclusion from what he saw. Rogue....well, I think she trusted Scott to make the difficult decisions because she also saw how much he beat himself up after the fact. When she didn't see that anymore, it probably reminded her of Xavier at his worst, despite the fact that Scott absolutely needed to hide his doubts during that period.
    lol, I meant the X-Men who were all "Why isn't Scott acting insecure?", not anyone posting here. It was a poor attempt at a joke.

  5. #5990
    Mighty Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,548

    Default

    -Scott, you're too insecure, you have to grow a spine and show confidence in yourself
    *He does that*
    -God, Scott, you act without considering that maybe you're wrong, you're a dangerous egocentric

  6. #5991
    Fantastic Member Mutant X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    272

    Default

    JWD retweeted this article attacking Cyclops.

    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ange-of-heart/

  7. #5992
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,096

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    JWD retweeted this article attacking Cyclops.

    http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ange-of-heart/
    Attacking? Or trying REALLY heard to make this new direction of Scott's more palatable/understandable to readers? I don't agree with the conclusion but I wouldn't call this article attacking.

  8. #5993
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    Of course JDW retweed that, because Cyclops being right doesn't fit with his nostalgia-induced vision of the franchise, nor with the fact that he worked on Schism and wanted to make Wolverine being right so the X-men could return to the status quo. The closest thing we'll probably have of something that fits JDW's view entirely is Rosenberg's.

  9. #5994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Of course JDW retweed that, because Cyclops being right doesn't fit with his nostalgia-induced vision of the franchise, nor with the fact that he worked on Schism and wanted to make Wolverine being right so the X-men could return to the status quo. The closest thing we'll probably have of something that fits JDW's view entirely is Rosenberg's.
    I always forget that X-Men fans are X-Men fans because they are also mindreaders. :P

  10. #5995
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    I always forget that X-Men fans are X-Men fans because they are also mindreaders. :P
    You are in the Cyclops appreciation thread and you thought there wouldn't be any telepaths in here?

  11. #5996

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You are in the Cyclops appreciation thread and you thought there wouldn't be any telepaths in here?
    My wiki says I am telepathy resistant!

  12. #5997
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    My wiki says I am telepathy resistant!
    Well, Magik's wiki also says she is, but someone forgot to tell the writers in the last few years...

  13. #5998
    Astonishing Member AHRNIHAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Utopia
    Posts
    2,692

    Default

    IMG_20190624_210003.jpg

    You know what this means.
    "Being some sort of mutant guardian has always been more of Scott's gig""
    -Angel,x men blue #35

    "I believe in the Summers family"
    -Warpath,astonishing x-men #15

  14. #5999
    Incredible Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Of course JDW retweed that, because Cyclops being right doesn't fit with his nostalgia-induced vision of the franchise, nor with the fact that he worked on Schism and wanted to make Wolverine being right so the X-men could return to the status quo. The closest thing we'll probably have of something that fits JDW's view entirely is Rosenberg's.
    <sob> now I miss Utopia even more. I thought Utopia was an awesome revamp of the X-Men, and having them based on the East Coast gave them a chance to breath away from the Avengers for a while. Mind you I also liked the Outback years too, and Excalibur based in London at the same time.

    I don't mind the X-Men having a school and being a teachers, I just like when they get out of Xavier's shadow and try some different things.

    I still go back to loving the Utopia period. I think they could have brought Jean back during that period and it would have been just as great having her added dynamic to Scott's story at that time.

    Anyway, I do hope Scott gets to be a leader in the fall. Realistically Scott, Storm, Jean, Logan, and Rogue are all very experienced leaders and should be able to lead books.

    I think that's my only bad feeling about HoX/PoX is when Xavier shows up to be the "great leader" when I think other characters like Scott and Storm are much better at it than Xavier is. I still remember the first Secret Wars and Xavier was a horrible leader and her refused to listen to Scott and Storm a lot through that event. I guess we'll see what the October books look like when the solicits come out. Perhaps X doesn't actually survive HoX/PoX or at least doesn't come out of it in charge.

  15. #6000
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    IMG_20190624_210003.jpg

    You know what this means.
    Heh...I don't, actually.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •