View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 201 of 619 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211251301 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 9276
    Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Havok is giving a lot of mixed messages lol. Kill but don’t stand up for mutant rights. And he interrupted Cyke’s beauty sleep. Not cool bro Havok, not cool.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    Guys, is every new comic going to end with the same complains over and over? he's finally back and even while there are some things that could be better it isn't anywhere near as bad as it could be, he isn't even written OOC, even the most problematic part of everyone saying how radical Scott was seems to be Rosemberg doing what most of us are doing and ignoring how badly Bendis butchered the revolution and putting an imaginary good story in it's place, Gillen's original plan was going to leave Scott in in a position like this, quoting Gillen " I was more comfortable with Scott as a “bad guy”, by the end – I was going to have them in Asteroid M to really lean into it".
    And we are getting good stuff, the main X-men comic is built around him, he is the leader, which most of us thought wasn't going to happen for a couple of years, apparently Rosenberg won on the debate around Scott having Beard because he has it again, Cyclops is a character that gets really good stories built around his depression and there are lot of signs that when Rosenberg talked about the suicide being an important part of the story may not have been just about Blindfold, and he is going to be used outside of X-men comics.
    And he isn't going full boy scout, for starters there aren't comics like that anymore, at least not on the X-men line, and he is more similar to how he was during New X-men (without all of the OOC things he had at the time like how he treated Jean, Emma and that he was shown to be affect by Apocalypse very differently in previous issues)
    I'm even still cautious because of the mess with AoX but let's try not to treat it like it's the end of everything
    Forgive me but I do not buy an indefinite imaginary story as Scott's recent past

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Forgive me but I do not buy an indefinite imaginary story as Scott's recent past
    It's not really that imaginary, in the Avengers titles he had basically formed an independent country in Canada and was openly hostile to at least SHIELD, I'm still sure that what Bendis told editorial he was doing and what he actually did were two different things, because that's the only way to explain every other author treating the revolution as a serious thing while Bendis treating it as rescuing a bunch of kids and taking down sentinels, even in WatXM Cyclops was taking down guvermental Sentinel factories

It's not really that imaginary, in the Avengers titles he had basically formed an independent country in Canada and was openly hostile to at least SHIELD, I'm still sure that what Bendis told editorial he was doing and what he actually did were two different things, because that's the only way to explain every other author treating the revolution as a serious thing while Bendis treating it as rescuing a bunch of kids and taking down sentinels, even in WatXM Cyclops was taking down guvermental Sentinel factories
    Wolverine was also destroying government Sentinels, that's not a terrorist.

And Hickman never explained anything about Cyclops in Times Runs Out and how he went from Washington to that

Also in Time Runs Out the Illuminati (including Beast) were chased by SHIELD and none of them recriminated anything

BANNED

Sad to see even Cyke fans trying to agree with editorial's narrative.That's exactly uncanny is doing right now.You spread a lie long enough that it becomes the truth.Even Cyke fans are falling for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Wolverine was also destroying government Sentinels, that's not a terrorist.

And Hickman never explained anything about Cyclops in Times Runs Out and how he went from Washington to that

Also in Time Runs Out the Illuminati (including Beast) were chased by SHIELD and none of them recriminated anything
    You are looking for overt consistency in an industry known for having very little of it, every comic talking about Cyclops during and after the revolution talked about him as a scary revolutionary, there are two ways you can take it, every other writer trying to fix Bendis mess by making the revolution that started by leveling down a prision, sending a couple of mutant hating inmates to what's essentially a living hell, and cutting an X in the warden's face (and apperently breaking his mind since he was in a fetal position and all he could talk was to give Logan a letter) a serious revolution. And the other way to see it is as heavy propaganda, with Scott being so self loathing that he internalized it, every revolution in the past couple of centuries has suffered negative propaganda in the US, Cyclops being a "radical" that makes civilians in the Marvel universe (which are already really prone to hating mutants even while they love the avengers) isn't even as much a stretch as real propaganda.
    I lean more into the first option

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Sad to see even Cyke fans trying to agree with editorial's narrative.That's exactly uncanny is doing right now.You spread a lie long enough that it becomes the truth.Even Cyke fans are falling for that.
    Man, by now I accepted that this is how things are going to be and search for the ways writers try to fix the inconsistencies, all that complaining has done is to make Rosenberg essentially quit twitter cutting us from a lot of info about the book, from info about the future to explanations about the story, to personal details that show the behind the scenes. I read comics to have fun, for treating things seriously and depress myself I read and discuss politics.

Mighty Member

Man, by now I accepted that this is how things are going to be and search for the ways writers try to fix the inconsistencies, all that complaining has done is to make Rosenberg essentially quit twitter cutting us from a lot of info about the book, from info about the future to explanations about the story, to personal details that show the behind the scenes. I read comics to have fun, for treating things seriously and depress myself I read and discuss politics.
    I'm of the #NeverForget faction because letting the X-Office get away with pushing down a narrative that directly contradicts what they've published without acknowledging their attempt to retcon said history feels like a big middle finger to me as a fan. It's becoming increasingly clear, though, that I'm not the target audience anymore, which is fair game; I get to keep my money, too.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm of the #NeverForget faction because letting the X-Office get away with pushing down a narrative that directly contradicts what they've published without acknowledging their attempt to retcon said history feels like a big middle finger to me as a fan. It's becoming increasingly clear, though, that I'm not the target audience anymore, which is fair game; I get to keep my money, too.
    Fair enough. At least the current situation is just "Cyclops was a scary revolutionary that made flatscans scared" and not "Cyclops is Hitler and ate inhuman babies" (That second part could also explain the media treatment in the MU, he suffered a lot of Inhuman propaganda after death)

You are looking for overt consistency in an industry known for having very little of it, every comic talking about Cyclops during and after the revolution talked about him as a scary revolutionary, there are two ways you can take it, every other writer trying to fix Bendis mess by making the revolution that started by leveling down a prision, sending a couple of mutant hating inmates to what's essentially a living hell, and cutting an X in the warden's face (and apperently breaking his mind since he was in a fetal position and all he could talk was to give Logan a letter) a serious revolution. And the other way to see it is as heavy propaganda, with Scott being so self loathing that he internalized it, every revolution in the past couple of centuries has suffered negative propaganda in the US, Cyclops being a "radical" that makes civilians in the Marvel universe (which are already really prone to hating mutants even while they love the avengers) isn't even as much a stretch as real propaganda.
    I lean more into the first option
    Considering that it is the same universe where "Cyclops" was Hitler because "he" destroyed a cloud that killed people, I am left with the theory of propaganda.

Some Cyke fans can move on.

But not us.

Not us.

#EwingSaveUs
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Guys, is every new comic going to end with the same complains over and over? he's finally back and even while there are some things that could be better it isn't anywhere near as bad as it could be, he isn't even written OOC, even the most problematic part of everyone saying how radical Scott was seems to be Rosemberg doing what most of us are doing and ignoring how badly Bendis butchered the revolution and putting an imaginary good story in it's place, Gillen's original plan was going to leave Scott in in a position like this, quoting Gillen " I was more comfortable with Scott as a “bad guy”, by the end – I was going to have them in Asteroid M to really lean into it".
    And we are getting good stuff, the main X-men comic is built around him, he is the leader, which most of us thought wasn't going to happen for a couple of years, apparently Rosenberg won on the debate around Scott having Beard because he has it again, Cyclops is a character that gets really good stories built around his depression and there are lot of signs that when Rosenberg talked about the suicide being an important part of the story may not have been just about Blindfold, and he is going to be used outside of X-men comics.
    And he isn't going full boy scout, for starters there aren't comics like that anymore, at least not on the X-men line, and he is more similar to how he was during New X-men (without all of the OOC things he had at the time like how he treated Jean, Emma and that he was shown to be affect by Apocalypse very differently in previous issues)
    I'm even still cautious because of the mess with AoX but let's try not to treat it like it's the end of everything
    I agree with you pretty much 100%. I love the character, he’s my favorite. And I’m not sold on everything yet, but I’ve been finding a lot of this fan base frustrating. I don’t post here a lot, so maybe my opinion doesn’t hold a lot of weight.But Cyke comes back. He’s inmediately back to being the hero. He’s back to being a leader. He’s depressed, got drunk, but still trying to put his team together. He tells Rogers to eff off. He blasted a dude in the ground last issue when he was already on the ground. Now there is a list to take down all the threats but not kill. Hell, we have his hair out in the open now. It’s not perfect but he’s still very much Scott and he’s letting himself feel for once in a long time. He’s an X-Man, not the general now. But we get one panel of him doubting himself on a preview or something and all of a sudden it’s Tyke grown up. Or he said he was wrong and now he’s so regressed as a character when he’s still doing the same stuff he was when he came forth as a major leader circa early 2000’s. I feel a lot of people are just jumping to conclusions, crucifying Rosenberg already, and complaining about something so minuscule every issue and Scott has only been around for 4 issues. To me lately, if it doesn’t fit someone’s head canon, which seems to be a solid majority on the internet, or at least the most vocal, it’s garbage. And I may rattle some cages with this post. This forum is already divisive anyway if he should be with Emma or Jean. Should he have his hair flowing free or head condom. Should he control his powers or not. The Raindrops seem to have more comradarie. People are always going to find something to complain about, and I see a lot of it from Cyclops fans. I will stand by the notion, and I said it before, if it doesn’t fit someone’s head canon, the run sucks.

BANNED

As I recall rosenberg quit twitter because of a jean fan or the hate he was gonna receive after he killed of blindfold.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Some Cyke fans can move on.

But not us.

Not us.

#EwingSaveUs
    Lol.Seconded.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke101 View Post
    I agree with you pretty much 100%. I love the character, he’s my favorite. And I’m not sold on everything yet, but I’ve been finding a lot of this fan base frustrating. I don’t post here a lot, so maybe my opinion doesn’t hold a lot of weight.But Cyke comes back. He’s inmediately back to being the hero. He’s back to being a leader. He’s depressed, got drunk, but still trying to put his team together. He tells Rogers to eff off. He blasted a dude in the ground last issue when he was already on the ground. Now there is a list to take down all the threats but not kill. Hell, we have his hair out in the open now. It’s not perfect but he’s still very much Scott and he’s letting himself feel for once in a long time. He’s an X-Man, not the general now. But we get one panel of him doubting himself on a preview or something and all of a sudden it’s Tyke grown up. Or he said he was wrong and now he’s so regressed as a character when he’s still doing the same stuff he was when he came forth as a major leader circa early 2000’s. I feel a lot of people are just jumping to conclusions, crucifying Rosenberg already, and complaining about something so minuscule every issue and Scott has only been around for 4 issues. To me lately, if it doesn’t fit someone’s head canon, which seems to be a solid majority on the internet, or at least the most vocal, it’s garbage. And I may rattle some cages with this post. This forum is already divisive anyway if he should be with Emma or Jean. Should he have his hair flowing free or head condom. Should he control his powers or not. The Raindrops seem to have more comradarie. People are always going to find something to complain about, and I see a lot of it from Cyclops fans. I will stand by the notion, and I said it before, if it doesn’t fit someone’s head canon, the run sucks.
    It's not about what Scott is now, it's about how they're still bringing back false narrative from 4 years ago.