View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 231 of 619 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281331 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    While my heart swells a bit seeing Emma and Scott together again, I have tempered my hopes.
    Something good for Scemma fans is that Emma is in the middle of Scott and Jean. Which can mean the love triangle but at least she will not be ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    While I get a lot of people's frustrations with thinking cyclops will be in the spotlight again,I don't know about you guys, but even though he was front and center over the last 15 years, they weren't really the best ones and it was mainly during marvel shitting all over the X-franchise and trying to basically shit all over him. It'd be nice to finally see him in the spotlight when marvel actually want to push the Mutants again.

Don't get me wrong, I loved a lot of the development he got over the years (Astonishing,Mesiah Complex overarching plot) but It's not like the books were fantastic in all those runs though. I liked bendis run to a degree but that wasn't all that long and it was definitely better after the whole run was out.

I love a bunch of X-men but of course Cyke will always be my number 1 I honestly don't even need him having the main focus story line, but as long as he has a fleshed plot I'll be happy. I hope whatever comes from this is the beginning of some quality stories again.
    The reason these didnt go well is because they essentially split up the X-men.
    They drove a wedge through the teams and basically forced some readers to be pro or anti-scott.
    I personally hope they put Scott on a boat somewhere away from the maddening crowd.
    I want scott happy without the drama that comes from being with Jean or Emma.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I want scott happy without the drama that comes from being with Jean or Emma.
    You just know Scott will get the call for Relationship Rescue once Jean & Emma's other ships fail to take off, lol.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Something good for Scemma fans is that Emma is in the middle of Scott and Jean. Which can mean the love triangle but at least she will not be ignored.
    Yeah, it’s a love triangle. And now Emma is in the center of it. Go Jemma!

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

https://news.toyark.com/2019/03/25/m...-340436#images
    This fig looks cool albeit a bit expensive

Heyaaa!

I’m returning to my old hobby of reading comics. I already got my hands on Captain Muricas comics and my boy Ironman (although I’m very disappointed with what they are doing with him). Cyclops is my next pick.

What should I pick up? I know he has been getting some bad rep over the years. He was controversial back then because of his infidelity and I can still see fellers are still pressed about it decades later lel. Anyway, the last X-Men/Cyclops related comic I read was House of M. I will be grateful if y’all helped this noob out.

Tnx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Heyaaa!

I’m returning to my old hobby of reading comics. I already got my hands on Captain Muricas comics and my boy Ironman (although I’m very disappointed with what they are doing with him). Cyclops is my next pick.

What should I pick up? I know he has been getting some bad rep over the years. He was controversial back then because of his infidelity and I can still see fellers are still pressed about it decades later lel. Anyway, the last X-Men/Cyclops related comic I read was House of M. I will be grateful if y’all helped this noob out.

Tnx in advance.
    Howdy. Good for ya. For Scott's story Post HoM

Astonishing Xmen 13-25+Giant Size Astonishing(I hear that the second half of Whedon's run takes place after HoM)

Xmen Deadly Genesis: Scott's family situation gets worse and he fires Xavier

Messiah Complex: The Xmen Megacrossver that kicks off the race to restore the mutant race

UXM Divided we stand+Manifest Destiny: Scott rebuilds the xmen and the Journey for a new home

UXM by Matt Fraction+Utopia+: Xmen in San fransico tackle the Dark Avengers/other problems

Uncanny Xforce by Kyle/Yost+Messiah War+Cable(2004)+X-Necrosha: Cyclops and Wolverine make a kill squad to hunt down those who would harm the remaining mutants and tr to help Hope an Cable against Bishop

Second Coming: The end of the Xmen Messiah storyline.

UXM by Kieron Gillen: Scott and the X-tinction team take on more problems and prepare for AvX.

And thats all from before AvX.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Neocide View Post
    While I get a lot of people's frustrations with thinking cyclops will be in the spotlight again,I don't know about you guys, but even though he was front and center over the last 15 years, they weren't really the best ones and it was mainly during marvel shitting all over the X-franchise and trying to basically shit all over him. It'd be nice to finally see him in the spotlight when marvel actually want to push the Mutants again.

Don't get me wrong, I loved a lot of the development he got over the years (Astonishing,Mesiah Complex overarching plot) but It's not like the books were fantastic in all those runs though. I liked bendis run to a degree but that wasn't all that long and it was definitely better after the whole run was out.

I love a bunch of X-men but of course Cyke will always be my number 1 I honestly don't even need him having the main focus story line, but as long as he has a fleshed plot I'll be happy. I hope whatever comes from this is the beginning of some quality stories again.
    There's a bit of larceny in the whole "Cyke is always front and center" argument, on both sides in fact.

If the Cyke haters have a valid argument it's that he's not only been visible, but been a driving force in the X-Men's overall direction for over a decade. Even before that, he's never been a bit player. He's always been involved in the most important story lines, and though those stories rarely focused on him specifically, he very much had a say in the X-Men's overall response to situations that come up. That's especially true for line wide events. He's been in two major, long standing relationships with other X-Men A-listers, a feat no other mutant character can boast as far as I recall. These relationships tend to focus attention since two A-list characters that interact so frequently can have a disproportionate effect on panel time. So to pretend that Scott's profile hasn't been high for a very, very long time going back at least to the early 90's if not the 80's, is a little silly.

There's two important counterpoints to this position. The first is that, as the original leader of the o5, the leader of X-Factor, the leader of the 90's Blue Team and after Charles final departure from all things X-Men, the overall leader, his level of exposure is expected for someone in this position. Characters in position of influence in nearly any medium are afforded more impact and focus on the story. Leaders draw attention, and for most stories and formats this is the correct approach.

The second factor comes down entirely to human nature. Critics of Scott's time in the limelight suggest that Marvel simply focuses on his too much. It should be someone else's turn they say. This seems reasonable, but in fact is entirely based on how you feel about the character. If you love Cyke, of course you want to see him get some focus. If you hate him, you want none, functionally by killing him off or putting him out to pasture. This isn't about fairness, it's entirely about preference. If Jean or Storm for instance were to assume Scott's level of focus over the next 10 years or so, fans of those character will not be complaining, nor would they suggest it's someone else's turn once some arbitrary milestone had been reached.

The truth is that a characters weight in a story should never be decided democratically. It's Marvels job to decide which characters are going to sell books and which aren't and decide accordingly. Beyond that, characters have carved out territory within a story through consistency of portrayal over the many, many years they've appeared. You can't simply swap character focus around in a story and make it work. The history of each of major X-Men characters has been defined by where they work in a story and where they don't. Scott works in the role that a plethora of Marvel writers have carved out for him. So does Logan. It's not the same role though, nor would it be appropriate or entertaining to see those roles arbitrarily switched. These characters are as defined by their motives and methods as they are by their personalities or costumes, probably even more so.

This is exactly why I believe Scott was killed off in the first place. Marvel recognizes that Scott has carved out this niche, and as long as he's alive and Marvel wants to tell stories that involve the a-list X-Men, Scott's going to pull focus. Scott's death created a gap for Kitty and Jean that simply wouldn't have been possible while he was alive. Folks on both sides of this debate need to realize that if you are going to have stories with Scott, this is what you're going to get. Scott adds nothing to a story in a significantly diminished role. You might as well keep him dead as sideline him. This is what many who want to see other leaders somehow coexist with Scott over the long term fail to accept.

The only solution that works to address this is to completely separate the X-Books so that no one book significantly effects the other. Than Scott can play well with other leaders because he's not actually playing with them. Marvel makes this impossible because they are addicted to regular, line-wide events. This necessitates a single leader and by definition means someone (if it's not Scott) will be pulling the attention he used to get.

Howdy. Good for ya. For Scott's story Post HoM

Astonishing Xmen 13-25+Giant Size Astonishing(I hear that the second half of Whedon's run takes place after HoM)

Xmen Deadly Genesis: Scott's family situation gets worse and he fires Xavier

Messiah Complex: The Xmen Megacrossver that kicks off the race to restore the mutant race

UXM Divided we stand+Manifest Destiny: Scott rebuilds the xmen and the Journey for a new home

UXM by Matt Fraction+Utopia+: Xmen in San fransico tackle the Dark Avengers/other problems

Uncanny Xforce by Kyle/Yost+Messiah War+Cable(2004)+X-Necrosha: Cyclops and Wolverine make a kill squad to hunt down those who would harm the remaining mutants and tr to help Hope an Cable against Bishop

Second Coming: The end of the Xmen Messiah storyline.

UXM by Kieron Gillen: Scott and the X-tinction team take on more problems and prepare for AvX.

And thats all from before AvX.
    Is he back from the dead? I know he died somewhere down the line.

Thank You btw, much appreciated. So for me to catch up with the current events I should only pick the ones you mentioned?

Thank You btw, much appreciated. So for me to catch up with the current events I should only pick the ones you mentioned?
    Yes he is. He came back in the current Uncanny X-Men tittle.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Yes he is. He came back in the current Uncanny X-Men tittle.
    How is the current run? I’m so dissatisfied with Iron Man. Enjoying Caps comics thoughhhh!

Thats part 1. Heres part 2:

AvX: Optional.

UXM by Brian Michael Bendis: Scotts story after AvX.

DoX: He dies

UXM(2018) Annual: His revival story.

UXM(2019) current: Scott's story right now.

And that's it.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Thats part 1. Heres part 2:

AvX: Optional.

UXM by Brian Michael Bendis: Scotts story after AvX.

DoX: He dies

UXM(2018) Annual: His revival story.

UXM(2019) current: Scott's story right now.

And that's it.
    Well, one of my dope friends told me to stay away from anything that’s Bendis related. Should I pick up his run for cyclops?

Well, one of my dope friends told me to stay away from anything that’s Bendis related. Should I pick up his run for cyclops?
    Bendis wrote the two best X-books during that era, so yeah. All New X-men serves as a companion book to his Uncanny

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Bendis wrote the two best X-books during that era, so yeah. All New X-men serves as a companion book to his Uncanny
    If Bendis run is considered the best X-Book during the era then it must have been suffocating for all X-Men fans. Yea?