View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 606 of 619 FirstFirst ... 106506556596602603604605606607608609610616 ... LastLast
Results 9,076 to 9,090 of 9276
    Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Yeah, the improved dialogue was nice, but man, did Hickman make him put on a dunce cap with those old ladies, hahahaha.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    X-Men is just a set up to the other titles. Issue 1 for New Mutants, issue 2 for Excalibur and 3 for Marauders.
    I think that's what's irking me. I pick up the book looking for-- I don't know-- something like HoX/PoX that tells me where the story is going, but it's all been one-and-dones/set-up stories. And much as I enjoyed the Summers family stories-- and would willing subscribe for an entire series of it-- I kinda want a book entitled "X-Men" to move the plot along, rather than be an elaborate, what, advertisement for the other books?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I thought Marauders was the flagship title? At least I remember Hickman saying it.
    I also think Hickman said something like if there is a flagship book, it's Marauders.

X-Men is just a set up to the other titles. Issue 1 for New Mutants, issue 2 for Excalibur and 3 for Marauders.
    Which shouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I think that's what's irking me. I pick up the book looking for-- I don't know-- something like HoX/PoX that tells me where the story is going, but it's all been one-and-dones/set-up stories. And much as I enjoyed the Summers family stories-- and would willing subscribe for an entire series of it-- I kinda want a book entitled "X-Men" to move the plot along, rather than be an elaborate, what, advertisement for the other books?
    I hate that Hickman has a lock on Scott bc Im not liking X-men and his stiff voice for him. I wish he were at least appearing in other titles as his rotating cast seem to be

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I hate that Hickman has a lock on Scott bc Im not liking X-men and his stiff voice for him. I wish he were at least appearing in other titles as his rotating cast seem to be
    I wish that since he is the Captain Commander.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I wish that since he is the Captain Commander.
    He sorta is, I guess. He's the first responder to all the shenanigans. But, eh, maybe Scott's so efficient that he finishes problems in one issue XDDD

Scott: I'm just the Captain Commander for fun.
    Last edited by xiyon; 12-05-2019 at 05:42 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I agree with you there. Hickman's voice for Scott isn't terrible, but I'd like for Scott to pop up elsewhere. The captain commander role so far seems kinda vague and the X-men seem vulnerable to anything. At least for now, lol.

Did I miss anything big?
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 12-05-2019 at 07:31 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    He sorta is, I guess. He's the first responder to all the shenanigans. But, eh, maybe Scott's so efficient that he finishes problems in one issue XDDD

Scott: I'm just the Captain Commander for fun.
    Actually he is só inefficient, that the other teams will have to solve the problems. Now, Hal Jordan in The Green Lantern is efficient.
    Cyclops need a solo asap, and Christopher Priest just finished his Deathstroke run, and one thing Prist remembers when writing superheroes ia that the are supposed to be efficient and good in what they do.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Actually he is só inefficient, that the other teams will have to solve the problems. Now, Hal Jordan in The Green Lantern is efficient.
    Cyclops need a solo asap, and Christopher Priest just finished his Deathstroke run, and one thing Prist remembers when writing superheroes ia that the are supposed to be efficient and good in what they do.
    I think a solo would be better than what X-men currently is but what do you think would be the supporting cast?
    What would you like Scott to do?

X-men already feels like a Cyclops solo. The problem is that its not a particually well written one. Marvel Team Up featuring Cyclops. The current format reminds me of the Jean Grey solo but with less of a cohesive theme

X-men already feels like a Cyclops solo. The problem is that its not a particually well written one.
    It is weird. he is the main character but he is just kind of there.
    The stories last one issue and are more about planting seeds than about Cyclops.
    So it feels like a solo but at the same time is not
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-05-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is weird. he is the main character but he is just kind of there.
    The stories last one issue and are more about planting seeds than about Cyclops.
    So it feels like a solo but at the same time is not
    Cyclops is there just to pass a sense of continuity, imo. Hickman likes and excels in worldbuilding, and that ia what he is doing.

X-men already feels like a Cyclops solo. The problem is that its not a particually well written one. Marvel Team Up featuring Cyclops. The current format reminds me of the Jean Grey solo but with less of a cohesive theme
    Not really. A solo implies character development for the main character. Scott is just the point of view character for the books.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think a solo would be better than what X-men currently is but what do you think would be the supporting cast?
    What would you like Scott to do?
    It should be a real solo series, not a team book with his name on the cover, you know? I just want to see the character on his own, he is always in a team book, leading or following, but I want him having solo adventures, like Wolverine, Daredevil, Captain America, etc.
    For supporting cast they should avoid the usual faces, so avoid Emma and Jean for example. Personally would like to see Colleen Wing, Lee Forrester, Dr. Nêmesis, Corsair and Mister Sinister.
    For villains, I don't know, maybe try to create some new ones?
    Last edited by Ra-El; 12-05-2019 at 09:04 PM.

It should be a real solo series, not a team book with his name on the cover, you know? I just want to see the character on his own, he is always in a team book, leading or following, but I want him having solo adventures, like Wolverine, Daredevil, Captain America, etc.
    That sounds nice.
    It is strange, Cyclops has been defined by the X-men for so long, the team has been the center of his life since he was a kid. I struggle to imagine him outside of it. What is Cyclops without the X-men?