View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 565 of 619 FirstFirst ... 65465515555561562563564565566567568569575615 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,475 of 9276
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Revolutionary Scott was a character ahead of his time. You can't have that at the same time you have Jason "don't fight the system, please, or they'll come for the kids" Aaron pushing against him in the other main book.
    I agree on Scott. But UO?: I liked Aaron's WATXM run a lot. I got it. I don't like everything he's done since, and I think sociopolitical issues IRL have moved on a lot since to cast a more critical light, and I think Bendis' take on Scott the revolutionary was half-baked at best bc Bendis has always been very, very lazy on long-form characterization and plotting in bigger books. But I do think it made sense for Logan to evolve to trying his best, however imperfectly, to shepherd the kids as an unlikely caretaker - he has always had a fondness for kids, going back to Kitty or Katie Power. And I thought it made sense for him to try and shelter them in a non-militant environment.

That said, I understood and sympathized with Scott's ethos even when I felt Bendis constantly fumbled plot and character beats. I thought Beast was the real ******* of the schism. And I think Marvel was, back then at least, very tone-deaf and afraid of identifying too much with Scott's positions - which had moral ambiguity and at times darkness but were always justifiable. Where we are today, politically, socially and in print, is very different.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Revolutionary Scott was a character ahead of his time. You can't have that at the same time you have Jason "don't fight the system, please, or they'll come for the kids" Aaron pushing against him in the other main book.
    Ah, the Aaron years.

Wolverine: "Me Xavier, you Magneto!"
    Cyclops: "No."
    Wolverine: Me Xaaavier, you Magneeeto!"
    Wolverine: "MEEE!!! YOOOUUU!!! XavierNeto!!!"
    Cyclops: "................."
    Cyclops: "Logan, you do realize Charles and Erik are soul mates, right?"
    Wolverine: "................."
    Wolverine: "What?"
    Cyclops: "Yeah, it's been that way since forever. Call any of your Avengers buddies and ask them what they think about Charles and Erik's insane on-and-off relationship, oh, I'm sorry, I meant rivalry."
    Wolverine: "You're talking crazy. Just you wait, I'll show you, I'll call Carol, she's awesome, she could beat your sorry ass any day of the week, everyone loves her and her books always do awesome business and... Hi, Carol, it's Logan, Summers is saying these crazy things about Chuck and Lensh... Oh. Totally? As in really, really, really into each oth... Oh. I'll... huh... I'll call you back."
    Wolverine: "Okay. Change of plans! I will gallantly forgive you for the whole Cyclops Was Right thingy and then we'll toast to Jean!"
    Cyclops: "I swear, this gig, sometimes. If it wasn't for the royalties..."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Ah, the Aaron years.

Cyclops: "Yeah, it's been that way since forever. Call any of your Avengers buddies and ask them what they think about Charles and Erik's insane on-and-off relationship, oh, I'm sorry, I meant rivalry."
    Wolverine: "You're talking crazy. Just you wait, I'll show you, I'll call Carol, she's awesome, she could beat your sorry ass any day of the week, everyone loves her and her books always do awesome business and... Hi, Carol, it's Logan, Summers is saying these crazy things about Chuck and Lensh... Oh. Totally? As in really, really, really into each oth... Oh. I'll... huh... I'll call you back."
    Wolverine: "Okay. Change of plans! I will gallantly forgive you for the whole Cyclops Was Right thingy and then we'll toast to Jean!"

C9E8B19B-5643-4D25-8893-E7D9438B5F8D.jpg

Apocalypse is a summers!

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Yeah, I saw that the other day. I swear, as far as cluelessness go, Jeansus is up there with G.I.Joe's Scarlett, lol.

Technically Apocalypse is a summers. He recreates his entire body from scratch with a techno-organic virus from cabled blood.
    Also angel would be a summers also since his body also has been recreated with the techno-organic wings
    And every of apocalypses descendents

5EF155C2-FD07-4C8B-A728-C1ADA8C262B4.jpg

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Ah, the Aaron years.

The interesting thing is that Hickman kind of tossed this aside and replaced Logan with Polaris.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    The interesting thing is that Hickman kind of tossed this aside and replaced Logan with Polaris.
    I know, right? Hell of a way to "resolve" the Rectangle drama. I won't lie, I'm still kind of dying of laughter over folks pretending the talk Scott and Lorna had is the kind of conversation platonic ex-sort-of-in-laws routinely have, lol.

The Blood of Apocalypse was the red colored lifeblood of the immortal Mutant known as En Sabah Nur, also known as Apocalypse. Being the first amongst the Mutant race, he was known for his advanced physiology, healing factor and great age. This combined with the Techno-Organic virus which he gained from Cable in the distant past gave his blood remarkable rejuvenating properties.

Apocalypse a summers

https://xmenrebirth.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_of_Apocalypse

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I know, right? Hell of a way to "resolve" the Rectangle drama. I won't lie, I'm still kind of dying of laughter over folks pretending the talk Scott and Lorna had is the kind of conversation platonic ex-sort-of-in-laws routinely have, lol.
    In all honesty, most seem to see it as reaching and unlikely, but see polyamory as completely likely with no other explanation.

I feel that's an odd approach. I'm pretty sure either could happen or fall flat.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    In all honesty, most seem to see it as reaching and unlikely, but see polyamory as completely likely with no other explanation.

I feel that's an odd approach. I'm pretty sure either could happen or fall flat.
    Remember in HoX #5 when Lorna was all upset over S̶c̶o̶t̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶ Scott maybe being revived as a shell rather than her boy toy?

Hey Scott Apocalypse is also a Summers.

Scott:

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Hey Scott Apocalypse is also a Summers.

Scott:

Dude so corsair is just a super deadbeat father....

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Well, considering Apocalypse is much older, technically the Summers are Apocalypses, not the other way around.