• Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 67 of 619 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167567 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    There's a case to be made that IvX is THE worst event in Marvel. Made no sense at the time, made less sense when they tried to rationalize it, explanations made it worse, talks with the editor made it MUCH worse ("peanut allergy"), and overall sits like a poisonous toad on top of the Marvel continuity chart.
    IDK, man Axis was YIKES

ESPECIALLY for the X-Men. IVX was awful, but Axis was a travesty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    IDK, man Axis was YIKES

ESPECIALLY for the X-Men. IVX was awful, but Axis was a travesty.
    Axis was consequence free

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Axis was consequence free
    Really? The only thing that stuck in IVX was Emma being disliked(even more) by the X-Men.

Axis inverted Sabretooth and Havok for years and gave Red Skull Charles brain.

BANNED

Really? The only thing that stuck in IVX was Emma being disliked(even more) by the X-Men.

Red skull got Xavier's brain before axis, and with havok and sabretooth nothing of value was lost

Eh, i actually kind of digged the idea of an inverted Sabretooth, not as something permanent, but it could have been interrsting to explored. I enjoyed how in Bunn's wrote him on Uncanny.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Xavier was already dead and Skull wasn't used outside of...Remender. Havok was inverted but basically went back to the sidelines he was on before Remender pulled him off the bench. And Sabertooth did a stint as someone more heroic for a few years. Not like that hasn't happened before, especially with X-Men villains.

IvX (and the event that is intimately linked to it, Death of X) tried to use a garbage status quo change (and explain how it happened) yet everything on the page contradicted the meta-narrative Marvel was pushing.

Scott is EEEEvilllll with a bolded, enlarged, capital E. But worse. What did he do to have even those closest to him practically spitting in response to his name being mentioned? Ummm, as far as everyone knew, he got rid of a free floating cloud of Zyklon-B and got killed for it. Let me repeat that: He slowed the pace of a genocide and got named the new Hitler. Even by people who saw what happened with their own eyes.

IvX depends on that narrative in order to work. And, in the end, the very people who caused the problem were pushed as the heroes of the day for finally relenting. The whole post Secret Wars meta-narrative existed to push these events, and it was revealed to be a massive fraud that Marvel kept trying to insist was real.

Multiple Man and Cyclops were both killed to set this up, the first is back, but as a loser, and the second was revealed to be alive (again) just last issue. The damage to them, the X-Men as a whole, and (IMO) the credibility of Marvel comics is immense, even if it technically predates the event, it still was all done to support it.

Just because the stink of AXis continued after the event rather than tainting everything leading up to it doesn't mean it was worse - it just means the wind was blowing in a different direction.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Xavier was already dead and Skull wasn't used outside of...Remender. Havok was inverted but basically went back to the sidelines he was on before Remender pulled him off the bench. And Sabertooth did a stint as someone more heroic for a few years. Not like that hasn't happened before, especially with X-Men villains.

IvX (and the event that is intimately linked to it, Death of X) tried to use a garbage status quo change (and explain how it happened) yet everything on the page contradicted the meta-narrative Marvel was pushing.

Scott is EEEEvilllll with a bolded, enlarged, capital E. But worse. What did he do to have even those closest to him practically spitting in response to his name being mentioned? Ummm, as far as everyone knew, he got rid of a free floating cloud of Zyklon-B and got killed for it. Let me repeat that: He slowed the pace of a genocide and got named the new Hitler. Even by people who saw what happened with their own eyes.

IvX depends on that narrative in order to work. And, in the end, the very people who caused the problem were pushed as the heroes of the day for finally relenting. The whole post Secret Wars meta-narrative existed to push these events, and it was revealed to be a massive fraud that Marvel kept trying to insist was real.

Multiple Man and Cyclops were both killed to set this up, the first is back, but as a loser, and the second was revealed to be alive (again) just last issue. The damage to them, the X-Men as a whole, and (IMO) the credibility of Marvel comics is immense, even if it technically predates the event, it still was all done to support it.

Just because the stink of AXis continued after the event rather than tainting everything leading up to it doesn't mean it was worse - it just means the wind was blowing in a different direction.
    Xavier-Skull had a cameo/role in the excellent Spurrier XL series. Strangely no one have a crap about him having Xavier's brain.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

Marvel's credibility as storytellers diminished, imho, during BMB's run. It became totally nonexistent in IvX.

Like, maybe it'd work if nobody else saw how Cyke was offed but....
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I think Marvel should make it a Requirement that the writers knows most of the charaters history before getting a job.

I don't know is 3am and I am sleepy xD lol

BANNED

3 more days!And we're back on!

BANNED
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 01-20-2019 at 02:46 AM.

BANNED

Lol.This is hilarious.

BANNED

From Kelly Thompson (writer of Mr and Ms x)

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I don’t have a Twitter, nor do I intend to make one. This forum is about the extent of my social media use (and it isn’t really social media).

I’d vote if I could.