View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 102 of 619 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    It's less the dream that's tainted than the X-Men and the Institute as organizations. They were founded by him, funded by him, and organized according to his ideas and goals. Once he was revealed as a villain, it made no sense for those to continue or for anyone to continue following him. The X-Men and the Institute became fruit of the poisoned tree--a fraud constructed by a liar and hypocrite.

What would make sense is for some of the X-Men to take ownership of the dream and create a new organization dedicated to that. Cut ties with Xavier, and call themselves something new, something original to them and not him.
    The problem with that is the name "X-Men" is now their brand identity (especially for selling any comics or movie tickets) - they are as likely to change the name as Laura Kinney is to keep a name other than X-23.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    It's less the dream that's tainted than the X-Men and the Institute as organizations. They were founded by him, funded by him, and organized according to his ideas and goals. Once he was revealed as a villain, it made no sense for those to continue or for anyone to continue following him. The X-Men and the Institute became fruit of the poisoned tree--a fraud constructed by a liar and hypocrite.

What would make sense is for some of the X-Men to take ownership of the dream and create a new organization dedicated to that. Cut ties with Xavier, and call themselves something new, something original to them and not him.
    Cyclops did with the extinction team and utopia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The problem with that is the name "X-Men" is now their brand identity (especially for selling any comics or movie tickets) - they are as likely to change the name as Laura Kinney is to keep a name other than X-23.
    I know. Which is why a new name and new organization won't happen.

The problem is, in-universe, that brand remains tainted as long as Xavier is a villain.

Yes!! Scott is back! No longer poisoned by Emma!

Feels like the old Scott.

A greasy Xavier is the only Xavier worth keeping around, but the characters confronting the grease is a story that has to happen. Which is how you know it won't.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    But in Phoenix Resurrection Jean still refered to him as her husband.
    They never divorced and the last memory of him was as her husband so it makes sense. Widows consider their ex still their husband until remarriage

BANNED

Avengers "no road home" artist Sean Izaakse geeks out over Cyclops, one of his favorite comic book characters.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...mers-and-more/
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 01-24-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Avengers "no road home" artist Sean Izaakse geeks out over Cyclops, one of his favorite comic book characters.

This was a nice read.

I really, really like Izaakse's costume. I'm not sure about the choice of white, but the collar and forearm rings are doing it for me.

BANNED

Guy is right!Fast forward to 8:27 to know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 01-24-2019 at 01:15 PM.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

(I guess we're making new threads every year now?)

I mostly liked the annual. Scott is back, it's not a clone or something, Scott is a hero again, yay.

But... he wasn't wrong. Ugh. Ed Brisson... I like your stuff, y u do dis? Can we at least have LOGAN admit being wrong too? At least about the child soldiers? I know he already admitted to his hypocrisy for the no killing thing, but how about that one? I didn't even really think about it until I got to this thread, but... yeah, the "Scott says he's a failure who sucks and is bad and was worse than Hitler" moment really kinda takes me out of it.

Also, minor thing: Kid Cable saying that Cyclops shouldn't be public or whatever... that flies in the face of the ending of Extermination... which Brisson also wrote. Like... really?

Also also, dammit Rosenberg. Losing faith in Uncanny X-Men not sucking after the thing about Cyclops stealing the Phoenix from Hope (I don't think even the Cyke haters went that far). Marvel, I read the shit show that was X-Men Disassembled! Let me ahve a good Cyclops-lead Uncanny X-Men, dammit!
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    A greasy Xavier is the only Xavier worth keeping around, but the characters confronting the grease is a story that has to happen. Which is how you know it won't.
    How about accidentally?

[Insert RightClops joke]

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Guy is right!Fast forward to 8:27 if you want.

That made way too much sense: a lot of X-Men comics do feel like they've been just... noise recently and the character-driven stuff is gone. On a smaller level, I actually really did enjoy how simple and heroic the story of Cyclops and Science Guy (already forgot his name) was and wish we got more Cyclops stories like that. Also, X-Men Disassembled cannot ever be lambasted enough.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Also, X-Men Disassembled cannot ever be lambasted enough.
    Well, we did get that one panel of Apocalypse looking on in disapproval while the Cyclopsless X-Men looked like an actual circus act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    Also, minor thing: Kid Cable saying that Cyclops shouldn't be public or whatever... that flies in the face of the ending of Extermination... which Brisson also wrote. Like... really?
    Well the scene where Cable leaves and we see the bad guy get out of prison and tipped off is when Cable is doing Extermination stuff, when he comes back and gives Cyclops a drink and Cyclops mentions getting his memories is picking up from the end of Extermination.