View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 345 of 619 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, sure Crapping on jott isn't going to make scemma happen again. Scott and Emma broke up years ago by that logic scemma is nostalgia too.

Tea is good, People forget it was 7 years ago and a lot of things happened in between

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Because never mind the fact that part of the point of the most popular runs in the 21st century (Whedon's and Morrison's) was exactly him getting over Jean, but MY CHILDHOOD NOSTALGIA!
    And at what cost? Jean had to be killed for him moving on.

Also I remember you saying that Jean shouldn't move on from Scott? so it is ok for Scott do it, but Jean be forever pining for him
    Last edited by spirit2011; 05-19-2019 at 08:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post

Also I remember you saying that Jean shouldn't move on from Scott? so it is ok for Scott do it, but Jean be forever pining for him
    I have no problem with her moving on eventually, like I said in my previous reply, it could lead to a good story.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

trying to move the conversation from shipping (that never goes anywhere)

How do you guys think Scott will recover his eye?
    (it also seems like a useless detail knowing it will be fixxed rather quickly)

It'll be a story that has yet to be told.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Heh, I'm not sure about which part you're talking about exactly.
    The time she helped raises his son, that she went searched for him after the apocalypse mess.
    She should have got more respect from Cyke fans.

BANNED

Yep. Scott's arc in both Morrison and Whedon's run was about him getting over Jean.

I'm not saying it's impossible they could end up together again, it's not like plenty of exes end up together again eventually, but have them together because it's the "OTP" and ignoring the fact that Scott:
    1) Hasn't seen her in years;
    2) Is a very different person now;
    3) Was ready to leave her anyway in Morrison's run and had a long-term relationship with someone else that ended only because of the Phoenix (although, ironically, the same can be said about Jean, both times);

It's plain bad writing because of "MY CHILDHOOD" bullshit.

Even if Scott doesn't end with Emma, it would be a much better story if he ends with someone other than Jean; first, because his life was so defined by Jean he literally married a clone of her. Second, because Jean is seeing as almost a saint by the X-men with all the deaths, and could have pretty much every straight male X-man she wanted to; it would be a good story if she can't have exactly the one guy she wants, and has to deal and eventually move on from it.

While Emma works better for this, there would be something funny if after all the drama and years of debates among fans, Scott ends with someone else entirely unrelated to the story.
    Pretty much all of this. And the fact he can't get over her is a glaring weakness. He's already written as a flawed character, 10 times more flawed than Jean will ever be written as, since nobody has the balls for that. His "love" for her should just go and he'd still feel like a very human character. Not to mention that writing someone who can't get over an ex is unhealthy, the same way having him cheat on his wife was an unhealthy portrayal. But people keep falling for the "one true love" BS and that's what we're stuck with.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    It'll be a story that has yet to be told.
    Cyclops losing his eye feels so edgy and unecessary and he seems to have it on Hickman's stuff.
    like it didn't serve any purpose

I have no problem with her moving on eventually, like I said in my previous reply, it could lead to a good story.
    You were against Bishop and jean being a item on Jean thread. Explain

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Saying Emma was manipulating him is just throwing her under the bus, which would infuriate her fans, make a bigger case for Scott's haters and overall do nothing for his narrative as a character.

What I'm saying is that this is a bad idea and the only thing introducing an "outside manipulator" would do is to wreck Scott as a character even more.

About him being a prototypical hero, that's just hitting the reset button to make him more suitable to the tastes of readers who can't handle moral ambiguity, so it doesn't do much for me, unless it's really well done. Not that it matters. I already have to deal with CBRClops every time an Uncanny issue comes out, next we'll have to deal with him pining for Jean again and wait patiently until the next character-breaking decision editorial will make on Scott's love life, because he can't get over her as anyone mentally sane would recommend.
    Agreed on the points regarding Emma. I mean, even with Jean physically dead in the comics, her metaphorical spirit and influence seemed to permeate in both the X-Book and fandom, hence Scott's willingness to trust the Phoenix because "it's Jean looking out for us" and cannonized Saint!Jean, respectively. Even if Scemma doesn't get back together, I'd like a similar acknowledgment of how the mutants wouldn't have survived long Post-HoM without Scott and Emma, and that they work really well together-- like in the metaphorical game of chess they played to fool Osborn during the Dark Reign/Dark X-Men/Utopia storyline.

But yeah, I also prefer Cyke operating with moral ambiguity. What's the term for that? Chaotic good?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Why don't they just give it up? What reason do any of them have to defend that trash narrative all these years later? sigh
    Acknowledging their mishandling of the characters acknowledges their bad writing/editorial? I mean, a lot of the stories they put out wouldn't survived without the contrived premise.

Cyclops losing his eye feels so edgy and unecessary and he seems to have it on Hickman's stuff.
    like it didn't serve any purpose
    Exactly how I feel about Rosenbubble's run! It's contrived, edgy for edginess' sake, and he's going through a checklist--- the latter for obvious reasons, so I'm not as salty as with the first two.
    Last edited by xiyon; 05-19-2019 at 09:03 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

trying to move the conversation from shipping (that never goes anywhere)

How do you guys think Scott will recover his eye?
    (it also seems like a useless detail knowing it will be fixxed rather quickly)
    It’s a well-worn path that we return to periodically for a reason, right?

As for Scott’s eye, I doubt they’ll make a fuss about it. I mean, they aren’t gonna give him a big hero moment when he’s back to full-power.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It’s a well-worn path that we return to periodically for a reason, right?

As for Scott’s eye, I doubt they’ll make a fuss about it. I mean, they aren’t gonna give him a big hero moment when he’s back to full-power.
    Find Elixir; Grow eye. Or, just grow another eye in a lab. Comicbook medicine at its finest!

I will find it hilarious if Hickman just sweeps it under the rug, though.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Find Elixir; Grow eye. Or, just grow another eye in a lab. Comicbook medicine at its finest!

I will find it hilarious if Hickman just sweeps it under the rug, though.
    In addition to Elixer there’s (still within this Reality)
    -Wakandan Tech (though I’m not sure where Scott stands with Black Panther right now)
    -Sinister (doubt he’d go with a cloned eye from one of the Teams deadliest enemies)
    -Shi’ar Tech (if they can help Xavier walk for a time, they can fix the eye, but communication with Shi’ar Space right now is difficult)
    -Stark Tech (doubt Tony could make a cybernetic eye that exactly mimics the Powers, also not sure where Scott stands with Iron Man)
    -Mr Fantastic (ditto)
    -Horizon Labs/ Whatever they are now (obscure )
    -Phoenix Cage has enough charge to eventually regenerate wounds, over time or if it gets supercharged
    -The One Above All takes a little pity on Cyclops (doubtful, as that would lead to a can of worms, Scott’s lucky he came back)
    -Hank (the real one) comes up with something when he returns (after they patch things up, when Scott died he died with few friends.and more enemies than most.....)
    -off panel (until a flashback later)
    Last edited by Decoy; 05-19-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    In addition to Elixer there’s (still within this Reality)
    -Phoenix Cage has enough charge to eventually regenerate wounds, over time or if it gets supercharged
    So many plot bunnies hopping around because of Scott's pacemaker.
    Let your wallet talk.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Pretty much all of this. And the fact he can't get over her is a glaring weakness. He's already written as a flawed character, 10 times more flawed than Jean will ever be written as, since nobody has the balls for that. His "love" for her should just go and he'd still feel like a very human character. Not to mention that writing someone who can't get over an ex is unhealthy, the same way having him cheat on his wife was an unhealthy portrayal. But people keep falling for the "one true love" BS and that's what we're stuck with.
    Now, I don't mind him having feelings and a soft spot for her, but another thing is being written as madly in love and wanting to be with her again.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    You were against Bishop and jean being a item on Jean thread. Explain
    Bishop is a mass murderer who spent 15 years trying to murder her son and granddaughter. She would be betraying her family to be with him.

Comic Geek in General

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    So many plot bunnies hopping around because of Scott's pacemaker.
    Only because we don’t know if it was a one shot device or it has to periodically kick in.....it is something to think about.....would Scott need to be near a Phoenix host to get another charge? Is it self sustainable? Is it similar to a ARC Reactor?