View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 212 of 619 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222262312 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Like sleeping with one of his sons girlfriend getting her pregnant and telling him when they are fighting? Barbara this is not what you do with your almost father in law.
    When? this is canon? if you talk about the universe of Bruce timm then that does not count, this guy is a big Batman fanboy and he thought that giving him all the hot girls was a great way to show that Batman was great, I mean he gave him Lois, Diana and Babs...

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    This is what I've said for a long time. What is consent to a psychic? It's like having Speech +10 in an RPG. In Mass Effect I talked the Bad guy into killing himself with a speech check. With that kind of Power what choice did Scott really have? What choice does Anyone have? What is free will with that kind of Ability. Coatl says Scott shares some of the blame but does he? Was it even his idea to go to Emma in the first place? The only thing controlling a Physics impulses is the Psychic. Think about that scene in the first X-men movie where Xavier leads Wolverine to his office. Where was Wolverine's choice there? But no one goes there cause it's too icky a subject to think about. These aren't the droids your looking for.
    The truth is that telekinesis is a really dangerous power, if you have a villain it can be a real danger. I don't think Scott is as bad as many people like to think, Emma manipulated him into a weak state and Jean completely changed his free will by making him do something he was not going to do. This is why you can't blame Scott for the things that happened afterwards.

I just got hold of the Morrison trade (finally) so I could re-read the whole affair.

I really don't get what people are saying about Scott at all. Emma is basically controlling him the whole time, and the one time he's acting of his own accord is right when Jean catches them.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I just got hold of the Morrison trade (finally) so I could re-read the whole affair.

I really don't get what people are saying about Scott at all. Emma is basically controlling him the whole time, and the one time he's acting of his own accord is right when Jean catches them.
    I could be wrong, but I dont recall Morrison writing it as Emma using her powers to make him do anything. She definitely took advantage of his situation but he had agency in all of that. He went along with it bc he wanted to. Emma was a source of comfort and was providing him the attention and support he felt was lacking in his life and marriage. She exploited that but he let her bc it was easier than dealing with his problems head on with Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I could be wrong, but I dont recall Morrison writing it as Emma using her powers to make him do anything. She definitely took advantage of his situation but he had agency in all of that. He went along with it bc he wanted to. Emma was a source of comfort and was providing him the attention and support he felt was lacking in his life and marriage. She exploited that but he let her bc it was easier than dealing with his problems head on with Jean
    She wasn't "making" him do anything, such as using her powers to force him. She was just trapping his mind in highly uncomfortable situations. It's like if you trap someone in a room with a knife, and tell them that unless there is a lot of blood on the floor in the next five minutes, someone will die. You don't tell them to hurt themselves, and you don't wield the knife, and you don't even control them to use it. But they're left with little choice. Scott asked to be let out of the illusions, and Emma refused.

Emma started taking Scott to the mental plane and when Scott rejected her advances she started using Jean's form and telling him things like: it does not matter, it's just thoughts, this is not real ... using Jean's form was like Say: "Look at me, I'm Jean, you're not doing anything wrong, I'm your wife, are not I?" These things for a mentally unstable person like Scott was at that time is not a good combination. Scott then acknowledged that it was wrong but he was strongly manipulated by Emma at that time, plus we must remember that Emma was doing all that in principle to hurt Jean, not because she loved Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She wasn't "making" him do anything, such as using her powers to force him. She was just trapping his mind in highly uncomfortable situations. It's like if you trap someone in a room with a knife, and tell them that unless there is a lot of blood on the floor in the next five minutes, someone will die. You don't tell them to hurt themselves, and you don't wield the knife, and you don't even control them to use it. But they're left with little choice. Scott asked to be let out of the illusions, and Emma refused.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Emma started taking Scott to the mental plane and when Scott rejected her advances she started using Jean's form and telling him things like: it does not matter, it's just thoughts, this is not real ... using Jean's form was like Say: "Look at me, I'm Jean, you're not doing anything wrong, I'm your wife, are not I?" These things for a mentally unstable person like Scott was at that time is not a good combination. Scott then acknowledged that it was wrong but he was strongly manipulated by Emma at that time, plus we must remember that Emma was doing all that in principle to hurt Jean, not because she loved Scott.
    Its not like he was trapped in there forever. At any point after their sessions, he could have told anyone, but he didnt. He would continue to go and see her. I might be more understanding if it happened one time but it was multiple times and he chose that. He bares responsibiity and I dont buy into the narrative that Emma controlled or forced him to do anything. The gag is I hated her in that book and for that storyline but I didnt view it as that nefarious on her part

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Sometimes i wish Morrison had handled things like an adult instead of all this stupid drama. I love jott, it is my OTP but if he wanted to end it, he should have just make them divorce without much drama and without Emma/scemma in the middle. Jott wouldn't have been ruined in such a bad and unecessary way and scemma wouldn't be tainted either. We would have a similar result but all characters and relationships would look way better.

Also i have been rereading the search for cyclops these days and apocalypse screwed scott badly, it's so sad this is ignored.

___________changes.jpg
    ___________change2.jpg
    _________NXM_139_19.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-16-2019 at 04:06 PM.

BANNED

they can always get one more dayed

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sometimes i wish Morrison had handled things like an adult instead of all this stupid drama. I love jott, it is my OTP but if he wanted to end it, he should have just make them divorce without much drama and without Emma/scemma in the middle. Jott wouldn't have been ruined in such a bad and unecessary way and scemma wouldn't be tainted either. We would have a similar result but all characters and relationships would look way better.

Also i have been rereading the search for cyclops these days and apocalypse screwed scott badly, it's so sad this is ignored.

___________changes.jpg
    ___________change2.jpg
    _________NXM_139_19.jpg
    A Jean and others being unable to accept that the experience had changed Scott is also sad. That's part of what I like about Emma and Scott was that they accepted both the good and bad ascpects of eachother. I think the cartoon wolverine and the xmen did a better job of it. They could have done it better without the weird telepathic stuff.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    A Jean and others being unable to accept that the experience had changed Scott is also sad. That's part of what I like about Emma and Scott was that they accepted both the good and bad ascpects of eachother. I think the cartoon wolverine and the xmen did a better job of it. They could have done it better without the weird telepathic stuff.
    Jean and the others did nothing wrong. Scott is just bad at people. Everybody would probably have accepted him without trouble

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean and the others did nothing wrong. Scott is just bad at people. Everybody would probably have accepted him without trouble
    Jean was increasingly becoming less human, so at that point she wasn't particularly good at people either.

I enjoyed Morrison's run, but the logical follow-through to Apocalypse-possession should've been Jean and Scott's family and friends helping him rehabilitate if they could. Scott and Emma were great when they were good, but I'm not ignorant enough to think that the transition from Jott to Scemma was well-written. Jean wouldn't have let Scott fall into the mess that he did so Emma wouldn't have had an opportunity to mess with their marriage.

I dont believe Scott interacted with any other X-men besides Beast, Logan and Xavier in Morrison's run and he didnt really handle that too well

BANNED

I dont believe Scott interacted with any other X-men besides Beast, Logan and Xavier in Morrison's run and he didnt really handle that too well
    During austen X men cyclops told Alex to be true to his feelings for nurse Annie instead of Polaris, he's in mind manipulated mode by Emma so it makes some sort of sense

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    During austen X men cyclops told Alex to be true to his feelings for nurse Annie instead of Polaris, he's in mind manipulated mode by Emma so it makes some sort of sense
    Chuck Austen X-men? I'm sure that never happened, Marvel would never allow someone who wrote War Machine 2.0, a comic so bad that it looks as if it had been made as a joke, to write what at the time was their main franchise. And nothing anyone says or shows will make me believe otherwise