274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 619 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107507 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean was talked about all throughout the mini. It ended with Emma threatening her
    ???

Emma was clearly threatening the Phoenix for making Celeste destroy the cloned Cuckoos in The World.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    ???

Emma was clearly threatening the Phoenix for making Celeste destroy the cloned Cuckoos in The World.
    She was but she called out Jean in that threat. I dont have the quote but she suggested that the Phoenix was Jean gone insane and threatened her if/when she came back. Jean Grey was named in that final scene by Emma

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was but she called out Jean in that threat. I dont have the quote but she suggested that the Phoenix was Jean gone insane and threatened her if/when she came back. Jean Grey was named in that final scene by Emma
    Well, with the continually changing continuity, it's hard to pinpoint where Jean begins and the phoenix ends. Part of it was probably just paranoia. They seemed to play with that a lot when Hope appeared.

On a related side note, think they will play with Scott's possession with the phoenix force with Jean in any way?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Well, with the continually changing continuity, it's hard to pinpoint where Jean begins and the phoenix ends. Part of it was probably just paranoia. They seemed to play with that a lot when Hope appeared.

On a related side note, think they will play with Scott's possession with the phoenix force with Jean in any way?
    Let's be honest, every soft reboot Marvel does, and every event that touches upon the Phoenix in any way changes things again and again in that regard.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I was wondering the same thing. Technically, Scott has now been every permutation - Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and White Crown, hasn't he? Although, the white suit in Secret Wars might have been an oversight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. Technically, Scott has now been every permutation - Phoenix, Dark Phoenix, and White Crown, hasn't he? Although, the white suit in Secret Wars might have been an oversight.
    I'm not sure of what to make of the white suit in Secret Wars. Then again, he did fully embrace the phoenix at that moment and it accepted him as a host. I doubt it will ever be touched upon again.

It's weird when you think of it. He survived the phoenix and apocalypse but dies of an illness. Then again, after dying by Doom and shield, they probably needed to think of something dramatically different.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-03-2019 at 03:57 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Let's talk about facts for a moment: no other leader of the X-Men had a moment with this phrase that was better than this one. The build-up to it, the things Scott went through with Emma and Nova, the page where Jean and Xavier are his very last visions before death, the reveal of the ruse, the blast and then "To me, my X-Men". In this decade and the last, only a few writers managed to do a powerful character moment like this one. It's my all-time favorite Cyclops moment, tied with the "danger room session" during the original Proteus arc. It's a work of art.
    There's also the part where Cyke is perfectly willing to kill himself as part of the plan. Damn, Summers indeed.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

He was a White Phoenix, but not WPotC.

I'm not sure of what to make of the white suit in Secret Wars. Then again, he did fully embrace the phoenix at that moment and it accepted him as a host. I doubt it will ever be touched upon again.

It's weird when you think of it. He survived the phoenix and apocalypse but dies of an illness.
    I think if his being White Crown is considered a special exception due to the circumstances of Secret Wars then everyone'll be happy.

Yeah, I've said it before, but his warrior death through execution by BB was preferable to dying moments after exposure to the T-Mist. Reading that was like having Marvel spit in my eye.

He was a White Phoenix, but not WPotC.
    I've wondered about that distinction - is it significant?

I've wondered about that distinction - is it significant?
    Ah, I love the Phoenix, and doing research on it.

There are five states of Phoenix/host relationship.

1) Not in Resonance, Host Dominant (Green Suit Jean): The weakest state of the Phoenix. Host dictates the actions, though the Phoenix can exert subtle influence.

2) Not in Resonance, Phoenix Dominant (Red Suit Jean): Not a Dark Phoenix. Phoenix simply dictates the actions, while the host exerts influence to hold the Phoenix in check.

3) Not in Resonance, Phoenix Possessed (Dark Phoenix): The Phoenix has fully overridden the host and is lost in its own desires, whatever they may be. Often destructive.

4) In Resonance (White Phoenix): The host and Phoenix are cooperating fully, and share thoughts and emotions. Achievable by accepting the Phoenix rather than fighting its influence. Hope and Scott have done this.

5) Beyond Resonance (White Phoenix of the Crown): The Phoenix and the host are now indistinguishable from each other. Only achievable by the Phoenix's choice combined with the host's desire. Surmised but not confirmed that when Jean achieved this, she began to stop being matter, and start being pure psionic energy, and needed to stay within the bounds of the White Hot Room to contain the limitless power.

1) Not in Resonance, Host Dominant (Green Suit Jean): The weakest state of the Phoenix. Host dictates the actions, though the Phoenix can exert subtle influence.

2) Not in Resonance, Phoenix Dominant (Red Suit Jean): Not a Dark Phoenix. Phoenix simply dictates the actions, while the host exerts influence to hold the Phoenix in check.

3) Not in Resonance, Phoenix Possessed (Dark Phoenix): The Phoenix has fully overridden the host and is lost in its own desires, whatever they may be. Often destructive.

4) In Resonance (White Phoenix): The host and Phoenix are cooperating fully, and share thoughts and emotions. Achievable by accepting the Phoenix rather than fighting its influence. Hope and Scott have done this.

5) Beyond Resonance (White Phoenix of the Crown): The Phoenix and the host are now indistinguishable from each other. Only achievable by the Phoenix's choice combined with the host's desire. Surmised but not confirmed that when Jean achieved this, she began to stop being matter, and start being pure psionic energy, and needed to stay within the bounds of the White Hot Room to contain the limitless power.
    Thanks, this is pretty awesome. I can accept this explanation for Scott’s suit in Secret Wars.

Thank you, this is quite enlightening. I did not know the red suit had a distinction from going dark.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Thank you, this is quite enlightening. I did not know the red suit had a distinction from going dark.
    You see it during Endsong, where red suit Jean is clearly not herself, but Jean is exerting enough influence to not cause a full Dark incident. It's also seen as a bridge during the original Dark Phoenix run.

BANNED

Alright guys, favorite Cyke writers time!
    Hard mode, no Claremont, Gillen or whedon