View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 313 of 619 FirstFirst ... 213263303309310311312313314315316317323363413 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,695 of 9276
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The really, really funny thing is that the last time the New Mutants had a legit ongoing/were taken seriously was during Cyclops' tenure.

Figures he'd be punished for recent x-leaders ignoring them.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The really, really funny thing is that the last time the New Mutants had a legit ongoing/were taken seriously was during Cyclops' tenure.
    Yep, he even said that he had an eye for some of them as future leaders- and considering Roberto's successful tenure at the Avengers, it was already fulfilled.

However, that contradicts the stories Rosenberg has been dreaming growing up, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yep, he even said that he had an eye for some of them as future leaders- and considering Roberto's successful tenure at the Avengers, it was already fulfilled.

However, that contradicts the stories Rosenberg has been dreaming growing up, so...
    As much as I'm down for mocking the continuity-defying beats of the current run, I'm not particularly upset over Rosenberg desperately wanting to give Alex and the "younglings" something to do. This run started with two wounded vets, it'll end with two wounded vets. Everyone else will be remembered as glorified tag-alongs once the final act kicks in.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Oh, I have no problem with him giving the NM and Alex a lot to do, I just didn't want Cyke to be written like an idiot and for the story to contradict the last 15 years or so.

Oh, I have no problem with him giving the NM and Alex a lot to do, I just didn't want Cyke to be written like an idiot and for the story to contradict the last 15 years or so.
    RightClops made other folks look bad. Petty retribution/retcons were always in the cards. My guess would be that Editorial is getting it out of its system before the proper, begrudging rehabilitation.

BANNED

Someone should start a thread with all the stuff Scott has done that his fellow X-Men have deemed wrong. We can argue the negatives and positives there. Not in this “appreciation” thread.

BANNED

I'm absolutely sure the "go take a shower and be a man for our family, Logan" will be the only part where Scott is well written in #17.

God, I'm almost missing Aaron. We should have known that someone who agrees with the "Jean can't have her own stories with eviiiil Cyclops in the vicinity" BS would hardly give us an actually good Scott.

Mighty Member

You see, this goes back to something I was saying in the Slott's F4 threads: the problem of giving writers the titles they wanted all their lives is that often they'll want to tell the story they dreamed about 20 or 30 years ago, even if it doesn't make any sense anymore, because the characters changed or the story has been told before and better
    (Mind you, Slott's F4 might actually be worse in that regard with Doom and Galactus at least).

Rosenberg is clearly a New Mutants fan who wanted them to have a proactive role in the X-men, leadership be damned- the problem is that Cyclops as written in the last few years not only would be more than happy to discuss what they want and hear ideas, he'd be by far the most proactive member of the X-men himself; while Illyana decades ago was an acquittance of Cyclops, now they have been teammates for many years, fugitives together from the governments (also including from Wolverine and Havok) and at the end of Bendis' run, you could make a case she had supplanted Emma as Scott's main lieutenant, and she even followed "Cyclops" to end in Death of X. Likewise, Havok complaining he gets no respect from Scott ignores the fact that he has given Alex leadership positions in many occasions over arguably more experienced teammates. The 90's reject characters (Kwannon, Joseph) are certainly stuff he thought about long ago too.

Is problem no coincidence the best Avengers and F4 (Hickman's) and X-men's (Morrison) runs were from writers that WEREN'T big fanboys turned writers.
    Grrr you're making me wanna write more Cyke-and-Magik hijinks, but the cycle of self-loathing for supporting DisMarvel rages against the notion xD
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    #1=Eating cheetos crunchy and stuffing them in a cup of coca cola?
    For all we know, Scott is always going commando.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Scott seems the kind of person who collects scale trains and has a room in his house dedicated to just that where he can rest easy.
    He probably is the type to get a pet rock at this rate, so he'd always have something that would never hate him or leave.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    God, I'm almost missing Aaron. We should have known that someone who agrees with the "Jean can't have her own stories with eviiiil Cyclops in the vicinity" BS would hardly give us an actually good Scott.
    For the sake of fairness, a lot of those "Jean-is-better-off-alone" comments were made back when the x-office was trying to pimp the hell out of X-Men Red. You know how these things go. Everyone's tune will change once they put them back together.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm absolutely sure the "go take a shower and be a man for our family, Logan" will be the only part where Scott is well written in #17.
    Spoilers: Hope will get Scott voted off the the team because he's dumb and weak and ruins everything and it's totally his fault people keep dying.
    Moar Spoilers: Scott will get kidnapped by the Hellfire Club halfway through his Charlie Brown walk and subsequently offered membership.
    Even Moar Spoilers: Logan will launch a one-man Search for Cyclops to rescue Scott before he has sex with those evil Hellfire women. For... reasons.
    Ultimate Spoilers: Can't even be bothered to pretend anyone cares about O.N.E., lol. Whatevs. It'll be revealed that Sinister has been manipulating eeeveryone into rrrhating Scott in a desperate bid to prevent futures in which Scott kills him for good.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    He probably is the type to get a pet rock at this rate, so he'd always have something that would never hate him or leave.
    The universe would somehow find a way for Rocky to hate or leave Scott.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 04-25-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Mighty Member

For the sake of fairness, a lot of those "Jean-is-better-off-alone" comments were made back when the x-office was trying to pimp the hell out of X-Men Red. You know how these things go. Everyone's tune will change once they put them back together.

Spoilers: Hope will get Scott voted off the the team because he's dumb and weak and ruins everything and it's totally his fault people keep dying.
    Moar Spoilers: Scott will get kidnapped by the Hellfire Club halfway through his Charlie Brown walk and subsequently offered membership.
    Even Moar Spoilers: Logan will launch a one-man Search for Cyclops to rescue Scott before he has sex with those evil Hellfire women. For... reasons.
    Ultimate Spoilers: Can't even be bothered to pretend anyone cares about O.N.E., lol. Whatevs. It'll be revealed that Sinister has been manipulating eeeveryone into rrrhating Scott in a desperate bid to prevent futures in which Scott kills him for good.

The universe would somehow find a way for Rocky to hate or leave Scott.
    Worse. Hope is gonna take Scott's remaining eye out with Rocky
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Worse. Hope is gonna take Scott's remaining eye out with Rocky
    Hope: "See, grandpa, Sinister manipulated us into thinking and doing all these things, so, really, we're the victims."
    Blind-Rockyless-Clops: "..............................."

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Hope: "See, grandpa, Sinister manipulated us into thinking and doing all these things, so, really, we're the victims."
    Blind-Rockyless-Clops: "..............................."
    Rocky: ...
    Cyclops: (blinded and bleeding) Et tu, Rocky...?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Double Cyclops next week guys. UXM #17 and Champions #5.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Gosh darn it.
    Now you guys are making me sad. Why would u do that to rocky and cyclops? Why?
    Atleast in your fantasies imagine a happy or content cyclops.
    Last edited by Agni; 04-26-2019 at 03:59 AM.
    "Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know."
    -Hoid