View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 588 of 619 FirstFirst ... 88488538578584585586587588589590591592598 ... LastLast
Results 8,806 to 8,820 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You should read the story, because there's nothing but a mess. In fact, it's subtle enough that there's still people denying it because they think makes Jean look like a whore to have sex with more than one man.
    It's just a graphic, there isn't nothing set on stone.

also people call Jean a whore for much less. so no

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JanBlackfyre View Post
    Jott has been dead since Morrison, the problem is that Marvel teases this love square everytime they want to prop up scemma.
    You end scemma and all the drama between Jean, Logan, Scott and Emma ends. I mean is the only thing left to end, Jean/Logan were never a couple until recently and I'm sure Jean will just jump to the next guy she shares a team with (girl seems to fall in love every five minutes) and it is not like Marvel would want Wolverine in something serious. Jean/Scott have been cheated and trashed into oblivion for more than a decade and haven't been a couple in long too, what else can they do to it? make them cheat again?. The only thing left to break is scemma.

Scott could date any other woman without having to be reminded every five seconds about this. But scemma just makes it look like he doesn't learn or feels sorry for anything.
    Cyclops should be better. A simple ship is not worth damaging the character so much. Marvel could end his relationships with Maddie and Jean (for way less than what was happened with Emma) they can move from scemma. I feel the current writers are just too stuck on scemma, they grew up on it and don't see how damaging it is for Cyclops. They are ironically too nostalgic with it to try something different.
    You are objectively wrong. Anyone that followed the X-men line in the last few years know Marvel were pushing on a nostalgia binge- X-men Gold was a (to be fair, transparent) attempt to copy Claremont's 80's run, and they brought all the "classic" ships from that age and the 90's- see also Kitty/Colossus and Rogue/Gambit, and that includes Scott and Jean. JDW made pretty clear he much prefers "classic" Emma- meaning a villain- and that was the direction that was pushed by the previous editorial as well. Matthew Rosenberg's UXM run is also pretty clearly a **** you to Scott/Emma as a pairing and anyone that liked their characterization in the 21st century.

There is no childhood/teenage nostalgia for Scott and Emma because everyone working in the X-books now was an adult when that run started and working at comics already, and no interest in editors in push the pairing- if depended on editorial alone, going by the last few years it's pretty clear Scott and Jean would be the #1 pairing in the books, with Emma as a villain. Nostalgia is really the reason why Scott and Jean is still a thing, it's just that Hickman was smart and gave the rectangle the boot by putting them all together allowing to explore new ideas, while keeping the focus away from teasing and love triangles like Marvel usually does.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's just a graphic, there isn't nothing set on stone.

also people call Jean a whore for much less. so no
    See?

BANNED

Jott has been dead since Morrison, the problem is that Marvel teases this love square everytime they want to prop up scemma.
    You end scemma and all the drama between Jean, Logan, Scott and Emma ends. I mean is the only thing left to end, Jean/Logan were never a couple until recently and I'm sure Jean will just jump to the next guy she shares a team with (girl seems to fall in love every five minutes) and it is not like Marvel would want Wolverine in something serious. Jean/Scott have been cheated and trashed into oblivion for more than a decade and haven't been a couple in long too, what else can they do to it? make them cheat again?. The only thing left to break is scemma.
    It was already broken, Emma got shafted by the editorial during the terrigen crisis and then in Rosenberg's run. Hickman already put Scott and Jean living in the same house, with connected rooms alongside Wolverine's, but you tell me they're stuck on Scemma, and Scemma only.

Scott could date any other woman without having to be reminded every five seconds about this. But scemma just makes it look like he doesn't learn or feels sorry for anything.
    Cyclops should be better. A simple ship is not worth damaging the character so much. Marvel could end his relationships with Maddie and Jean (for way less than what was happened with Emma) they can move from scemma. I feel the current writers are just too stuck on scemma, they grew up on it and don't see how damaging it is for Cyclops. They are ironically too nostalgic with it to try something different.
    Cyclops isn't defined by his relationships. He's already been trying to do better. He was literally suicidal in Rosenberg's run, because he thought he never did well enough as an X-Man and was willing to fight until his death to compensate for his mistakes, but you and some Jean fans seem to want him be beaten for a mistake he did in his relationship with Jean, 15 years ago, for what reason exactly? Because you don't like Emma? It's not like what he had with Emma is the "childhood sweethearts" romance that has nostalgia sprinkled all over it.

BANNED

You are objectively wrong. Anyone that followed the X-men line in the last few years know Marvel were pushing on a nostalgia binge- X-men Gold was a (to be fair, transparent) attempt to copy Claremont's 80's run, and they brought all the "classic" ships from that age and the 90's- see also Kitty/Colossus and Rogue/Gambit, and that includes Scott and Jean. JDW made pretty clear he much prefers "classic" Emma- meaning a villain- and that was the direction that was pushed by the previous editorial as well. Matthew Rosenberg's UXM run is also pretty clearly a **** you to Scott/Emma as a pairing and anyone that liked their characterization in the 21st century.

There is no childhood/teenage nostalgia for Scott and Emma because everyone working in the X-books now was an adult when that run started and working at comics already, and no interest in editors in push the pairing- if depended on editorial alone, going by the last few years it's pretty clear Scott and Jean would be the #1 pairing in the books, with Emma as a villain. Nostalgia is really the reason why Scott and Jean is still a thing, it's just that Hickman was smart and gave the rectangle the boot by putting them all together allowing to explore new ideas, while keeping the focus away from teasing and love triangles like Marvel usually does.

No, everything is subjective and relative but the answer you give comes from your shipping preferences, I don't ship anything, I don't care, you ship scemma of course for you my answer is wrong, doesn't mean it is.

The X-men are stuck on Morrisons nostalgia as much as they were on Claremont nostalgia, probably more. It is almost 20 years old and still think it is something new.

No, everything is subjective and relative but the answer you give comes from your shipping preferences, I don't ship anything, I don't care, you ship scemma of course for you my answer is wrong, doesn't mean it is.

The X-men are stuck on Morrisons nostalgia as much as they were on Claremont nostalgia, probably more. It is almost 20 years old and still thing it is something new. Last I checked Marvel has starved Jott to death so much nobody believes they like each other all for prop up scemma.

Nostalgia is the reason Scott and Emma are still a thing, they left Jean and jott death for years they are afraid to do so with Emma.

Seriously for all scemma fans complain about nostalgia you guys are the most nostalgic and in denial of the bunch. The ones who want to be Cyclops stuck on a ship no matter how damaging just for a couple, as if he couldn't date another woman. Dude ruined two marriages before, he can have a romantic life after Emma.

The emancipation of Scott Summers will not occur until Marvel Comics allows him to realize that love is not real and that the continued existence of one's species is all that truly matters.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It was already broken, Emma got shafted by the editorial during the terrigen crisis and then in Rosenberg's run. Hickman already put Scott and Jean living in the same house, with connected rooms alongside Wolverine's, but you tell me they're stuck on Scemma, and Scemma only.
    No way, you seriously believe Scemma was broken? Scemma has suffered nothing. Marvel doesn't even dare the imply Emma has feelings for anybody else, unlike literally any other ship.

and yeah they are stuck on Scemma, if they cared about Jean and Scott they wouldn't do that. Scemma is the antithesis of Jean/Scott, the fact that it exist is proof that they don't care about it.

Cyclops isn't defined by his relationships. He's already been trying to do better. He was literally suicidal in Rosenberg's run, because he thought he never did well enough as an X-Man and was willing to fight until his death to compensate for his mistakes, but you and some Jean fans seem to want him be beaten for a mistake he did in his relationship with Jean, 15 years ago, for what reason exactly? Because you don't like Emma? It's not like what he had with Emma is the "childhood sweethearts" romance that has nostalgia sprinkled all over it.
    I'm a Cyclops fans and I want him to be happy, to be admired and respected, he can't be if his life revolves around being a backstabber that betrays people, and he is not that but if he is stuck with Emma is like reminding everybody that every five minutes. Like don't letting one of his worst moments go just for a ship.

I dislike Scemma because Cyclops has taken too many hits for it, he continues to take hits and look like and ******* for it and he could just date other woman without that stigma. Also I'm not a jott shipper but I would take "childhood crush" over having a relationship with a woman he was cheating with.
    Last edited by JanBlackfyre; 11-10-2019 at 02:48 PM.

BANNED

Are any of you married? Do you have kids?

Would you as a person be on a relationship like Scemma?

BANNED

No way, you seriously believe Scemma was broken? Scemma has suffered nothing. Marvel doesn't even dare the imply Emma has feelings for anybody else, unlike literally any other ship.
    Emma's feelings were treated as 100% one-sided until Hickman. Scott was already cold towards her in Gillen's run, the whole thing with Namor and the Phoenix happened, then Scott told her he wouldn't touch her with Namor's trident. Later, in Rosenberg's run, he showed nothing but contempt for her, so yes, it was pretty thrashed and shown as something that held Emma back, since she loved him in vain.

and yeah they are stuck on Scemma, if they cared about Jean and Scott they wouldn't do that. Scemma is the antithesis of Jean/Scott, the fact that it exist is proff that they don't care about it.
    They might have a backwards view of Scott's relationship with Jean, but they certainly seem to care about it more than anything related to Emma.

I'm a Cyclops fans and I want him to be happy, the be admired and respected, he can't be if his lifes revolves around being a backstaber that betrays people, and he is not that but if he is stuck with Emma is like reminding everybody thatevery five minutes. Like don't letting ones of his worst moments go just for a ship.
    And by being with Jean it reminds people that he abandoned Madelyne. Because that's the story of Scott and Jean. Whenever Marvel is bored of their place in the status quo, they make Scott the bad guy and people keep seeing Jean as a saint. Which is way worse than whatever Emma offers.

I dislike Scemma because Cyclops has taken too many hits for it, he continues to take hits and look like and ******* for it and he could just date other woman without that stigma. Also I'm not a jott shipper but I would take "childhood crush" over having a relationship with a woman he was cheating with.
    He took two hits too many for his fixation on Jean too, Emma has at least the benefit of not being someone he and readers put in a pedestal.

Not married, don't plan to have kids anytime soon. Been entangled with different kinds of women, amongst which are a denier of evolution, a literal sociopath, a bunch of precious cinnamon rolls and a woman I didn't know was married until after we spent a night together. My current girlfriend is a precious little creature that is too good for me. Emma wouldn't be the worst kind of woman I've ever dealt with, that's for sure, so why not give it a shot? LMAO

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The emancipation of Scott Summers will not occur until Marvel Comics allows him to realize that love is not real and that the continued existence of one's species is all that truly matters.
    Then one of his crazy-exes (can't remember which one) will ask her cosmic chicken BFF (plausible deniability FTW) to start murdering people and inform the poor guy he can't have a lasting celibacy kick or else.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I can't speak for others, but what I read and what I do are quite separate. I may want Scott to go to space, but that doesn't mean I want to.

That doesn't mean I'm a hardcore supporter of Scemma, but whatever happens with Scott's relationships is going to happen, unfortunately. The only thing I think we as fans can hope for, is that Scott doesn't get thrown under the bus/demonized like usual. At this point, none of Scott's relationships are clean. A new one might not end any better. I think we're in a lose lose situation no matter what, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    False, Scott's true love is his visor. He keeps it around even when he doesn't need to. I'm a little suspicious...
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 11-10-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

1-Emma's feelings were treated as 100% one-sided until Hickman. Scott was already cold towards her in Gillen's run, the whole thing with Namor and the Phoenix happened, then Scott told her he wouldn't touch her with Namor's trident. Later, in Rosenberg's run, he showed nothing but contempt for her, so yes, it was pretty thrashed and shown as something that held Emma back, since she loved him in vain.
    2-They might have a backwards view of Scott's relationship with Jean, but they certainly seem to care about it more than anything related to Emma.
    3-And by being with Jean it reminds people that he abandoned Madelyne. Because that's the story of Scott and Jean. Whenever Marvel is bored of their place in the status quo, they make Scott the bad guy and people keep seeing Jean as a saint. Which is way worse than whatever Emma offers.
    4-He took two hits too many for his fixation on Jean too, Emma has at least the benefit of not being someone he and readers put in a pedestal.
    5-Not married, don't plan to have kids anytime soon. Been entangled with different kinds of women, amongst which are a denier of evolution, a literal sociopath, a bunch of precious cinnamon rolls and a woman I didn't know was married until after we spent a night together. My current girlfriend is a precious little creature that is too good for me. Emma wouldn't be the worst kind of woman I've ever dealt with, that's for sure, so why not give it a shot? LMAO
    1-2-An yet here we are, seems like they were waiting to have Jean back just to make scemma again, she is also "cucking" Scott again with Wolverine, not Emma, so it is obvious they like the mess one but not the other.
    3-4- Yeah, I'm not defending Jean at all, people in fact should recognize more her faults because she is no saint. But her failings shouldn't be and excuse for Emma.
    5-Man people idolize Emma way more than Jean. Emma may be a good person and not a villain anymore but she is so far away from the goddesses/best girl people paint her. She clearly has some serious problems and will do some fucked up things when it is convenient, the fact that she is not evil doesn't mean she is so good.
    Cyclops himself should be ashamed of scemma. If Marvel let him of course but they don't let him. But my question was more about
    having a relationship with a woman you had an affair, not about Emma being good, would you have a relationship with that woman?

As a father and husband I wouldn't man. Of course I'm not Cyclops but dude should learn from hit, he should make the example.
    Last edited by JanBlackfyre; 11-10-2019 at 03:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

The X-men are stuck on Morrisons nostalgia as much as they were on Claremont nostalgia, probably more. It is almost 20 years old and still thing it is something new. Last I checked Marvel has starved Jott to death so much nobody believes they like each other all for prop up scemma.

Nostalgia is the reason Scott and Emma are still a thing, they left Jean and jott death for years they are afraid to do so with Emma.

Seriously for all scemma fans complain about nostalgia you guys are the most nostalgic and in denial of the bunch. The ones who want to be Cyclops stuck on a ship no matter how damaging just for a couple, as if he couldn't date another woman. Dude ruined two marriages before, he can have a romantic life after Emma.
    First of all, "everything is subjective" is just bullshit. If not, go ahead and jump out of your window, since gravity is relative and just an opinion.

Second, you can whine all you want, but everything you say can be undeniably proven to be false by interviews and what's on the page. Particularly, Marvel's, and specially, Joe Quesada's, contempt for Grant Morrison is well known, to the point everything from House of M forward was dedicated to undo his work and going into the exact opposite direction- Morrison wanted mankind to expand and to thrive, Marvel made them nearly extinct.

Third, while pop culture in general is heavily directed at childhood/teenage nostalgia, and comics even more than most media, another objective and undeniable truth is that the vast majority people working at the books and running Marvel now where already adults and working in comics in Morrison's run, so that doesn't apply to them- they were already professionals, and in many cases, competitors. We'll really only see nostalgia for that age in comics around 10-15 years from now- the most recent waves were for 80's and 90's stuff.

That's absolutely irrelevant- most of the greatest Marvel characters are people no sane person would want to be around in real life: Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Magneto, Namor, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc. What matters is whether they generate good stories or not.

That said, would I want to date an unbelievably hot billionaire that's crazy for me? What do you think?

I'm married. I absolutely would. Emma sacrificed almost everything to stand beside Scott. She showed him loyalty that no one else even remotely dared to do. She stood by him while the rest of the world called him Mutant Hitler. People should wish for that kind of devotion from their partner. I'm thankful I have a similar level of devotion from my wife, and I give her the same in turn.

Fantastic Member

Only time imo scott looked bad with emma is the "affair" and kissing near jean's grave.

Honestly we'd all be better off if none of these relationships become official again. Let the mcu do Jott. And let Scott be Scott. He's always the bad guy when it comes to new relationships and honestly it's unfair to him and us.

#keepScottsingle

BANNED

First of all, "everything is subjective" is just bullshit. If not, go ahead and jump out of your window, since gravity is relative and just an opinion.
    Wow, you are comparing your opinion to fundamental laws of the universe. Laws and opinions aren't remotely on the same league.

Second, you can whine all you want, but everything you say can be undeniably proven to be false by interviews and what's on the page. Particularly, Marvel's, and specially, Joe Quesada's, contempt for Grant Morrison is well known, to the point everything from House of M forward was dedicated to undo his work and going into the exact opposite direction- Morrison wanted mankind to expand and to thrive, Marvel made them nearly extinct.
    Quesada and Morrison's fall out has nothing to do with people being nostalgic for Morrison because they are.

Third, while pop culture in general is heavily directed at childhood/teenage nostalgia, and comics even more than most media, another objective and undeniable truth is that the vast majority people working at the books and running Marvel now where already adults and working in comics in Morrison's run, so that doesn't apply to them- they were already professionals, and in many cases, competitors. We'll really only see nostalgia for that age in comics around 10-15 years from now- the most recent waves were for 80's and 90's stuff.
    Nostalgia hits on all ages, just because you ship Scemma doesn't mean it is not nostalgia. You like it, for you and all Scemma shippers is part of the characters no matter what, but so would say the Jean/Scott fans. Scemma as Jott broke years ago.

That's absolutely irrelevant- most of the greatest Marvel characters are people no sane person would want to be around in real life: Bruce Banner, Tony Stark, Magneto, Namor, Wolverine, Deadpool, etc. What matters is whether they generate good stories or not.
    True
    That said, would I want to date an unbelievably hot billionaire that's crazy for me? What do you think?
    Over my wife? Of course not.
    Last edited by JanBlackfyre; 11-10-2019 at 03:20 PM.