View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 167 of 619 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177217267 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 9276
    BANNED

Thought he's gonna start x force

So I'm moving this here as to not clog up the uxm 12 thread.

I am sick to death of the current storyline of Scott Blaming himself. Everyone keeps sayong its in character and i agree but so we need it said every book he stars in?

And the fact that its Logab talking to him about it, Mr. imma go off and have my own adventures for months instead of helping the mutants just brings my enjoyment down.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The problem is not Scott saying that everything is his fault, is that the narrative seems to agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    So I'm moving this here as to not clog up the uxm 12 thread.

I am sick to death of the current storyline of Scott Blaming himself. Everyone keeps sayong its in character and i agree but so we need it said every book he stars in?

And the fact that its Logab talking to him about it, Mr. imma go off and have my own adventures for months instead of helping the mutants just brings my enjoyment down.
    Well, you said it before me. I am so fed up with that bullshit. Yes, it's in-character for Scott to blame himself. But there is a limit to it. At this point it just makes him look stupid at best and spineless at worst.

And Logan is the last person to say anything to Scott on this matter. He needs to shut his mouth up.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The problem is not Scott saying that everything is his fault, is that the narrative seems to agree with him.
    There is that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    That’s definitely the biggest issue - unless Rosenberg is trying to subvert expectations, the narrative needs to culminate with Scott affirming his heroism.

Welcome to the thread, by the way.

BANNED

152ppl voted.Cool.
    Also the preview was expected.

Looks like I’m getting pretty much exactly what I asked for a few weeks back. Though it is a bit odd with the timing of war of the realms and the x-men being thought as dead/current Uncanny run, but hey I’ll take it.

https://www.newsarama.com/43943-war-...-an-adult.html
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-15-2019 at 01:46 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Looks like I’m getting pretty much exactly what I asked for a few weeks back. Though it is a bit odd with the timing of war of the realms and the x-men being thought as dead/current Uncanny run, but hey I’ll take it.

So Scott will be reuniting with the Champions - wonder what they'll make of him now.

The moment "How do you do, fellow kids?" it may be interesting, a contrast between this Cyclops more cynical and experienced than Tyke.

Unfortunately Cyclops since he resurrected seems Tyke 2.0 so I do not know how this will go.

He does have teen Cyclops's memories remember. When they went back to the past, they merged, and the adults gained the teens' memories. Champions #5 is the first book to take advantage of this fact, mainly because the other four are all in Age of X-Man. We know Scott now regrets being the team leader. He never led the time displaced team, he immediately ceded to Jean, and Beast took charge of the All-New X-Men when Jean was with the Extraordinary X-Men. But even that didn't remove the pressure from Scott. That's why he joined the Champions, to have fun with peers outside the X-Men. Kamala kind of became his new best friend, and was the only one he personally told was leaving. He left because he knew he'd need to go back to the past soon - though it did take several attempts, since Cross Time Capers sent them to the wrong time, and then they split from Magneto losing access to his time machine. Cable finally dealt with it with no warning, so it was lucky that Scott had already said his goodbyes. Now, with the X-Men gone, he has the same heavy weight on his mind all over again. Looking up the Champions, he'll see that the team has grown since he left. When he left, they only had Ironheart and Wasp added as full time members and Locust, Patriot and Falcon as reserves. Now those three along with Bombshell have joined the team full time, and the team have also discovered Snowguard and Pinpoint, as well as recruiting another seven reserve members (though they've already lost at least one, namely Honey Badger). There's an X girl joining next issue (#3), I wonder if Scott sent her to them? Then he comes to help himself when War of the Realms forces Amadeus and Miles away from the team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It seems our boy is getting around Marvel, he is rejoining the champions. It be cute if he gets Hope to join them.

Also this

Last edited by DianaWw; 02-15-2019 at 02:29 PM.

That X-Men cover is just a variant. The main series isn't tying in, they have a mini instead. And the Champions thing was mentioned a few posts up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Noice. Leave it to other offices to actually use the good stuff instead of the X-Office.

This maybe means Dani and the rest of the team, plus Chamber, will be the focus of the WotR mini, since Scott will be with the Champions and Logan will be with the New Avengers in Jottunheim, so probably absent from the team mini.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 02-15-2019 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He does have teen Cyclops's memories remember. When they went back to the past, they merged, and the adults gained the teens' memories. Champions #5 is the first book to take advantage of this fact, mainly because the other four are all in Age of X-Man. We know Scott now regrets being the team leader. He never led the time displaced team, he immediately ceded to Jean, and Beast took charge of the All-New X-Men when Jean was with the Extraordinary X-Men. But even that didn't remove the pressure from Scott. That's why he joined the Champions, to have fun with peers outside the X-Men. Kamala kind of became his new best friend, and was the only one he personally told was leaving. He left because he knew he'd need to go back to the past soon - though it did take several attempts, since Cross Time Capers sent them to the wrong time, and then they split from Magneto losing access to his time machine. Cable finally dealt with it with no warning, so it was lucky that Scott had already said his goodbyes. Now, with the X-Men gone, he has the same heavy weight on his mind all over again. Looking up the Champions, he'll see that the team has grown since he left. When he left, they only had Ironheart and Wasp added as full time members and Locust, Patriot and Falcon as reserves. Now those three along with Bombshell have joined the team full time, and the team have also discovered Snowguard and Pinpoint, as well as recruiting another seven reserve members (though they've already lost at least one, namely Honey Badger). There's an X girl joining next issue (#3), I wonder if Scott sent her to them? Then he comes to help himself when War of the Realms forces Amadeus and Miles away from the team.
    They should be more different IMO. For Scott everything about Tyke is as if it happened a long time ago, I think. Adult Scott has suffered and lived much more than Tyke. He has a lot more experience.

I agree that it should be softer and more idealistic than the original adult Scott, but for now Tyke seems to have a disproportionate influence on the mix.