View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 172 of 619 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182222272 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I agree with you on this, but it is strange to see Scott return to that characterization just when the mutants seem to be worse than ever (Again).

Like, if Scott had returned when the mutants do well without him, I would better understand him saying "I have to go back to being like before, I ruined everything". If right when he dies everything goes to hell it's weird.

TL; DR: I agree that Scott would do well to return to a more noble and relaxed characterization but the execution feels strange and unnatural.
    All fair points. Just because an idea makes some sense, doesn't mean it's going to be well done.

Scott's reacting to how bad things are and taking personal responsibility for it (like always). I think we often forget how often Jean, Charles or Ororo would be around to tell Scott something he was obsessing about wasn't his fault. Logan's already filling that role in the Uncanny 12 preview, not perhaps like Jean would have done it, but about the most affirmation Scott's going to get from Logan.

I don't think he blames Jean or Ororo or Kitty for what's going on. He blames himself. That's the lead-in Marvel is using to drive the whole "I have to go back to being like before, I ruined everything" angle as you said.

Sorry if I'm being a negative nancy. My pessimism keeps me from getting my hopes up to be dashed.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

I don't think Scott would ever blame anyone else, like ever. He ain't that kind of guy

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    All fair points. Just because an idea makes some sense, doesn't mean it's going to be well done.

Scott's reacting to how bad things are and taking personal responsibility for it (like always). I think we often forget how often Jean, Charles or Ororo would be around to tell Scott something he was obsessing about wasn't his fault. Logan's already filling that role in the Uncanny 12 preview, not perhaps like Jean would have done it, but about the most affirmation Scott's going to get from Logan.

I don't think he blames Jean or Ororo or Kitty for what's going on. He blames himself. That's the lead-in Marvel is using to drive the whole "I have to go back to being like before, I ruined everything" angle as you said.
    Yeah, and I keep thinking what I said at another time: Everything would work better for me if it was Scott's indirect fault. For example, if Eva Bell/Tempus had caused this, Scott realizing that his time as a revolutionary made everything worse would make sense. Even if it was the fault of something Emma did in his name I could understand it but Disassembled is totally disconnected from Scott's previous arcs. It has absolutely nothing to do with him.

It makes Scott look even arrogant. Of course he will not blame Kitty, Jean or Ororo, it would be petty as ****.

I agree that it was inevitable that Scott would return to a more traditionally heroic characterization but for now the execution and motivation is clumsy.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Sorry if I'm being a negative nancy. My pessimism keeps me from getting my hopes up to be dashed.
    I've been a bit of a negative nancy myself, so I wouldn't be too worried. It's also probably best to keep expectations low to avoid disappointment, but we can always hope.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

"We were better off dead.", lol, speak for yourself Jean.

Is Marvel expecting readers, but especially Scott fans, to ignore the continuity of the last few years? Marvel can't keep Scott thinking that he ruined everything without calling attention to their selective memory of their own continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    "We were better off dead.", lol, speak for yourself Jean.

Is Marvel expecting readers, but especially Scott fans, to ignore the continuity of the last few years? Marvel can't keep Scott thinking that he ruined everything without calling attention to their selective memory of their own continuity.
    Absolutely yes! I think they are hoping people will be happy enough that Scott's back to have much fight left about the how's and why's. Rosenberg's disappearance from Twitter is worth noting though. He knows he's writing some stuff that's going to be unpopular. Like a sailor trying to fight through a storm, Marvel is batting down the hatches and sticking with their narrative until the criticism dies down, or at least the stuff they feel they need to do to "get Scott back to good" that will draw the most criticism has come and gone.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Absolutely yes! I think they are hoping people will be happy enough that Scott's back to have much fight left about the how's and why's. Rosenberg's disappearance from Twitter is worth noting though. He knows he's writing some stuff that's going to be unpopular. Like a sailor trying to fight through a storm, Marvel is batting down the hatches and sticking with their narrative until the criticism dies down, or at least the stuff they feel they need to do to "get Scott back to good" that will draw the most criticism has come and gone.
    Instead of saying that he never should have led the X-men, Scott should have said something related to him not being there to help. Given that he vaguely knew about the situation from the annual, nothing seems to make any sense so far. That's what bugs me the most, the fact that there are inconsistencies from a few years to a few months.

Also, I'm a bit lost on a joke to lighten up the mood. Anyone know one?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Me to Marvel:

For me, it's not necessarily a question of things that are unpopular, but that actually contradict things in their own books. The tone of Uncanny #11 was unpopular, the deaths were unpopular, but Scott's words? "I ruined everything" is decidedly worse than the alternative "I could/should have done more", which works better in my opinion and isn't blatantly contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Instead of saying that he never should have led the X-men, Scott should have said something related to him not being there to help. Given that he vaguely knew about the situation from the annual, nothing seems to make any sense so far. That's what bugs me the most, the fact that there are inconsistencies from a few years to a few months.

Also, I'm a bit lost on a joke to lighten up the mood. Anyone know one?
    I think we are on the same page.

What did the lawyer put in his drink? Just ice.

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    I don't think Scott would ever blame anyone else, like ever. He ain't that kind of guy
    The problem is that the narrative agrees with Scott.

And there is a limit to everything. It's one thing for Scott to blame himself for the things he was not wrong about, it's whole another for him to blame himself for the things he wasn't even around for. That is just stupid and terrible writing.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    He won't, of course. Alas, by not pushing back, he's kind of perpetuating everyone else's pettiness. Lose-lose scenario at its lulziest.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    This is pretty awesome - but where is Marvel getting the 80 years from?

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    This is pretty awesome - but where is Marvel getting the 80 years from?
    Martin Goodman founded Timely Comics, which would become Marvel Comics, 80 years ago in 1939.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate