View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 573 of 619 FirstFirst ... 73473523563569570571572573574575576577583 ... LastLast
Results 8,581 to 8,595 of 9276

Agreeing with Kisinith. Give me one book with consistent character over overhyped and maligned appearances any day.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You forgot Emma's "You better get ready to fuck me tonight" look in HoX #6.
    I should've indeed thrown that one in.

My favorite is the "Scott uttering a single freakin' word to Jean during the entire first issue of the new flagship book, lolwut", though.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Scott and Jean haven't spent more than five minutes together in almost 15 years and the next-to-next thing we know, they have separate rooms, Logan's living at Casa Summers-Grey, but everything's totally cool, just you wait, we'll tell you what's the real score over the next few months!

If that's not torture/a sledgehammer to the Jott shippers' face, then please, tell me, what on Earth would qualify?
    Yep, it's quite tortuous indeed.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yep, it's quite tortuous indeed.
    It's just... fish or cut bait, y'know?

Thinking back on it, Scott and Jean didn't have much of a heart-to-heart during Planet X, so it's closer to 16 years. Keep in mind, their previous heart-to-heart was when Jean caught Scott with Emma and Scott showed her his memories of him not having sex with Emma in Japan, lol.

I’ve said this before, Jott died decades ago. I’m shocked Jott shippers exist and are still passionate.
    Yikes, my grammar has gone to ****. Rip

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I’ve said this before, Jott died decades ago. I’m shocked Jott shippers exist and are still passionate.
    It's probably because they almost always allude to it or mess around with the idea every now and then. Even when it was supposedly "dead", it was brought up or teased. At this point it's a cycle of teasing. There's a joke I'd make, but it's probably not appropriate...
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 10-28-2019 at 09:58 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

It's probably because they almost always allude to it or mess around with the idea every now and then. Even when it was supposedly "dead", it was brought up or teased. At this point it's a cycle of teasing. There's a joke I'd make, but it's probably not appropriate...
    X-Office: "So you read those X-Men Blue pages we sent you, right? The way we reunited Jeen and Tyke was..."
    Hickman: "Yeah... no."
    X-Office: "Yes, sir."

BANNED

Scott and Jean haven't spent more than five minutes together in almost 15 years and the next-to-next thing we know, they have separate rooms, Logan's living at Casa Summers-Grey, but everything's totally cool, just you wait, we'll tell you what's the real score over the next few months!

If that's not torture/a sledgehammer to the Jott shippers' face, then please, tell me, what on Earth would qualify?
    Rekindling Scott and Jean's romance on-panel was not relevant to the HOX/POX maxiseries. I'm sure you'll continue to see plenty more of them together going forward.

I like inappropriate jokes. Go ahead!!

U right tho, wasn’t there a recent thread asking whether or not Scott was over Jean or something

Mighty Member

When's issue #2 supposed to come out, anyways? Next week?

It really does seem like the X-Office is trolling Jott, but it's also too early to tell which direction the X-Books are heading towards in Dawn of X.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Weren’t they lovey dovey last run?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I like inappropriate jokes. Go ahead!!

U right tho, wasn’t there a recent thread asking whether or not Scott was over Jean or something
    They haven't been a thing on decades. Marvel just teases to make love triangles, I guess they need a punch bag to make other characters or relationships look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Rekindling Scott and Jean's romance on-panel was not relevant to the HOX/POX maxiseries. I'm sure you'll continue to see plenty more of them together going forward.
    This does nothing for the relationship. Only that they are doing it with the people they were cheating before but this time they don't care. Making them do something together while doing nothing to fix their issues or making them deeper will only cause more trouble.
    This only benefits scemma or jogan and it is okay, do those ships but i would prefer if it wasn't at the expense of Jean and Scott, again.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-28-2019 at 10:44 PM.

Mighty Member

X-Office: "So you read those X-Men Blue pages we sent you, right? The way we reunited Jeen and Tyke was..."
    Hickman: "Yeah... no."
    X-Office: "Yes, sir."
    I didn't read XMB and most of my knowledge comes from these boards or the rare issue I'd read in my LCS, but I still don't understand how Tyke and Tean got together. Like, Tean dumped Tyke, dated Tank (and kisses the dude in front of Tyke?), threw a fit when Tyke was getting it on with Laura, threw hints at Tyke only to reject him again when he kisses her after picking up aforementioned hints, and then when Jean comes back (and Cyke dies), Tean is coincidentally open to a relationship with Tyke all of a sudden....

Granted, Tyke outside of Champions was prolly the most insufferable and ineffectual version of Scott Summers, but the will-they-won't-they between Tyke and Tean really trashed the original (and actually palatable) Jott version.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    They haven't been a thing on decades. Marvel just teases to make love triangles, I guess they need a punch bag to make other characters or relationships look cool.

This does nothing for the relationship. Only that they are doing it with the people they were cheating before but this time they don't care. Making them do something together while doing nothing to fix their issues or making them deeper will only cause more trouble.
    Marvel wants money. Desperately. They settled with cheap drama and angering fans because controversy sells (See: that old Brevoort tweet) but fans can only get angry so much before apathy sets in. Which, I think, is why they brought in Hickman-- a dude that seems to have a plan in mind because the reboot / "Issue #1! Again! Definitive this time!" cycle isn't profitable anymore.

Unfortunately (or smartly?), Hickman doesn't seem like he wants to tackle the pseudo-incestuous relationship drama among the X-Men, so he settles with a Jedi hand-wave.
    Let your wallet talk.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    When's issue #2 supposed to come out, anyways? Next week?

It really does seem like the X-Office is trolling Jott, but it's also too early to tell which direction the X-Books are heading towards in Dawn of X.
    The fact that we are getting hints of other stuff before confirmation of where Scott and Jean are says a lot in my opinion. The trolling feels real.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia