View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
269. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

    213 79.18%
  • Absolutely!

    104 38.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 552 of 596 FirstFirst ... 52452502542548549550551552553554555556562 ... LastLast
Results 8,266 to 8,280 of 8932
  1. #8266
    Mighty Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,857

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    What was Whedon’s explanation again? I don’t remember that explanation changing although I remember that kickass Scott moment obviously where he fakes out the enemy.
    Basically, Whedon's explanation was that Scott's lack of control over his power was self induced. His self doubt and fear of failure manifested as an inability to control his powers.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

  2. #8267
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Canon like Rachel Summers, I think.
    Was the story any good

  3. #8268
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Was the story any good
    No, 100% skippable

  4. #8269
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, 100% skippable
    So just a random alt reality summers member again

  5. #8270
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Wouldn’t Deadpool be considered a chimera also
    https://ibb.co/zRsCNMp
    https://ibb.co/wYD8rdq

  6. #8271
    Embrace the Fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Basically, Whedon's explanation was that Scott's lack of control over his power was self induced. His self doubt and fear of failure manifested as an inability to control his powers.
    I get that Whedon went for the whole "Ooooh, you suppressed it sooo hard that you forgot and fooled the other crazy-ass powerful psychics!" angle, but the idea of Xavier not trying to dig deeper or perform some subtle psychic surgery on the kid with a punch dimension nuke inside his head, well, it's basically the exact opposite of one what would expect from Xavier.

  7. #8272
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I get that Whedon went for the whole "Ooooh, you suppressed it sooo hard that you forgot and fooled the other crazy-ass powerful psychics!" angle, but the idea of Xavier not trying to dig deeper or perform some subtle psychic surgery on the kid with a punch dimension nuke inside his head, well, it's basically the exact opposite of one what would expect from Xavier.
    I could see Xavier not wanting to help cyclops. It kept him dependent on Xavier.

    Xavier did the same thing to rogue

  8. #8273
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Article on marvel

    Vulcan

    Several years ago, Gabriel Summers turned on his family and became the mad emperor of the Shi’ar. In some ways, that was understandable, since Vulcan spent years trapped within Krakoa and near death. Emperor Vulcan was seemingly killed years ago. We suspect that Vulcan’s return may have left out the memories that made him go bad... But who knows?

  9. #8274
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    Article on marvel

    Vulcan

    Several years ago, Gabriel Summers turned on his family and became the mad emperor of the Shi’ar. In some ways, that was understandable, since Vulcan spent years trapped within Krakoa and near death. Emperor Vulcan was seemingly killed years ago. We suspect that Vulcan’s return may have left out the memories that made him go bad... But who knows?
    Well, that makes more sense. I still think Marvel will eventually make Vulcan go crazy again.
    All the Summer brothers being heros sounds redundant. Vulcan could be an antihero/villain for a change.

  10. #8275
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,806

    Default

    Newsarama review for X-Men #1 is out. Apparently it's pretty good, even if not as impressive as HoX/PoX. They mention that there's some cool moments between Cyclops and Magneto/Polaris and in general it seems to be pretty good as expected. Can't wait for it.

  11. #8276
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    https://www.newsarama.com/47401-adva...reak-9-10.html
    Cyclops building deeper relationships, including a deep respect for Magneto and a perhaps unsurprising connection with Magneto’s daughter Polaris. (Given that Cyclops is the closest thing to a son Charles Xavier has, Scott and Lorna have plenty in common, as the next generation of mutantkind’s leaders

  12. #8277
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Well, that makes more sense. I still think Marvel will eventually make Vulcan go crazy again.
    All the Summer brothers being heros sounds redundant. Vulcan could be an antihero/villain for a change.
    Does Vulcan even remember events after he died in deadly genesis? Does he remember being king of the shi’ar? Does he even know about his child with deathbird

  13. #8278
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/47401-adva...reak-9-10.html
    Cyclops building deeper relationships, including a deep respect for Magneto and a perhaps unsurprising connection with Magneto’s daughter Polaris. (Given that Cyclops is the closest thing to a son Charles Xavier has, Scott and Lorna have plenty in common, as the next generation of mutantkind’s leaders
    When did Cyclops and Magneto became so close? Respect I understand but superclose seems weird. Xavier makes sense because he had Cyclops since he was a kid with no family or friends and Xavier teached him and gave him purpose. But Magneto had none of that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-15-2019 at 08:59 AM.

  14. #8279
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    https://www.newsarama.com/47401-adva...reak-9-10.html
    Cyclops building deeper relationships, including a deep respect for Magneto and a perhaps unsurprising connection with Magneto’s daughter Polaris. (Given that Cyclops is the closest thing to a son Charles Xavier has, Scott and Lorna have plenty in common, as the next generation of mutantkind’s leaders
    Scott and Lorna were family for a long time with her being Alex's girlfriend and living with him.

  15. #8280
    Astonishing Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    2,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    When did Cyclops and Magneto became so close? Respect I understand but superclose seems weird. Xavier makes sense because he had Cyclops since he was a kid with no family and friends and Xavier teached him andgave him purpose. But Magneto had none of that.
    Respect is for Magneto, personal relationship is Lorna. They are not close but have worked enough time together to respect each other. He was in Utopia, in Extinction Team and in the Revolution.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •