View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 170 of 619 FirstFirst ... 70120160166167168169170171172173174180220270 ... LastLast
Results 2,536 to 2,550 of 9276
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Sam: "Guys we have to stop her. I can see Scott's self-esteem rising."
    It might just be me, but I feel that could easily be misinterpreted.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Let us not forget that only the Champs were there to witness Scott's greatest achievement--

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

He can't be the sad clown without the right costume.
    This thread is salty as all hell. I get it given what's happening, but wow. And when was Scott not a sad clown?

Awesome line by the way. Cracked me up for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    This thread is salty as all hell. I get it given what's happening, but wow. And when was Scott not a sad clown?

He's putting on the 90s costume. 90s. What could be sadder?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Gotta love it when an Android fits in a little better than Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Let us not forget that only the Champs were there to witness Scott's greatest achievement--
    If he wanted to, he could have become anyone with that mustache...

Sorry about that. I'll aim for some positivity from here forth.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-16-2019 at 01:02 AM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

If you're thinking sad sack Scott, the 80's are a better bet. Even the 60's are a better bet.

Scott was having the time of his life in the 90's by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Sorry about that. I'll aim for some positivity from here forth.
    I'm not the salt police. If you all want to rage, then rage. I was just reading through the lest several DOZEN pages and was kind of awestruck.

I'm not the salt police. If you all want to rage, then rage. I was just reading through the lest several DOZEN pages and was kind of awestruck.
    Everyone's just going along with the 90's theme-- which includes some EXTREME salt and a darker, edgier thread...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Everyone's just going along with the 90's theme-- which includes some EXTREME salt and a darker, edgier thread...
    So when comes the need to apply pouches, and if so, what's the minimum amount?

Understandable, but I think I'm all out of salt at the moment and would prefer to make horrible puns.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 02-16-2019 at 01:24 AM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

It is possible that in-universe the 90s costume symbolize a great time for Scott as a leader but for me as a reader ... It remains a costume that has not aged well. For me the ideal would be that at the end of the arc it would end with one that was intermediate between that of Utopia and 90s. Uncovered hair but with less pouches.

Maybe I am a minority but I really liked his costume of the 90's, what I really hope is to see an actualisation of this costume something like what we saw at the end of X-Men apocalypse.

Incidentally, that page (from September 2017's Champions #12) contains an art error. In the Halloween flashback, Scott should've been wearing his old costume, as the new one hadn't yet debuted on the previous Halloween (it debuted in March. In fact, Champions had only launched in October 2016, so the Halloween scene would have to be between the first two arcs).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Champions was somewhat inconsistent with Scott. In a number he said he could not cry because he did not know what his tears could do and if something we have seen Tyke do is cry. Anyway I liked that moment with Kamala where they show how even before the plane crash he was already a hero.

Scott has always "shouldered" responsibility. He's taken the responsibility of being a leader very, very seriously. But he has never constantly WHINED like this. *Oh I'm such a terrible person, I ruined everything, I regret everything, I killed the dream...." Geezus, feeling the weight of consequences, over-thinking his role as leader ≠ constantly whining and complaining and self-flagellating out loud to anyone who will listen. How is this a mature man? How is this Cyclops of the last 15 years? I guess Cyke not only got Tyke's memories, he became a whiny 16 year old too.

I'm amazed at how some fans are going along with this. Fact: Scott Summers did not ruin anything. He saved mutantkind. Fact: Scott Summers didn't doom the "dream" because there never was a viable dream to begin with. Xavier was a manipulative, hypocritical cult leader and it was so refreshing when Cyclops figured that out. Fact: Scott Summers was blamed both in-Universe for sh*t he didn't do, and in a meta sense this narrative was pushed by writers and editors and is still being pushed.

So we had leader Scott, who manned-up and rejected the old ways, created something new. We had Tyke, who was still acting like a brainwashed princess. Now we have this new Scott who is a whiny, depressed penitent who alternates between adult responsible and crybaby. It isn't good enough for Marvel to constantly hit fans over the head with "Cyclops was Wrong" editorially, or by having other characters in the Marvel Universe say it, now they have to hit us over the head with Scott Summers himself crying about it comic after comic. Still does NOT make it true, either.

How is this making us feel sorry for Scott Summers? How is this showing respect for the character? It makes me cringe. I don't see characterization here, just Marvel beating a dead horse.

I really was looking forward to this new era of UNCANNY. But not if I'm going to have to read about Scott Summers making an ass out of himself every other issue, especially to make Wolverine look good. Like Logan is always right, I suppose. Like his behavior the last 15 years was morally unimpeachable?
    Thoughts on this?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.