218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 74 of 619 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174574 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    LMAO. Nice.

Well, that's kind of the point of using an effective duplicate, isn't it?

The Phoenix knows Jean, thus why it opted for the "Emotionally damaged love interest who will always take responsibility for everything, ever!" route.

Sorry, that was just too easy. I'll play nice-ish. Dark days ahead for Jott shippers and all that. Totally not kidding about that last part. Brace yourselves, ladies and gents.

Other than the fact that she took over the Hellfire Club, aka the a-holes who financed the Mega-Sentinel assault on Utopia so they could make truckloads of money selling mutant murder machines? Don't get me started on IvX. How's he supposed to know Emma wants to use the Club's resources for good? For all he knows, she's gone insane/evil.
    Did you miss the part where Emma killed the person responsible for the assault on Utopia? Or that she was literally the only one trying to save mutantkind and follow Scott's legacy during IvX?

Emma never stopped supporting Scott or his cause, and he should recognize that.

Emma wasn't Jack. She never let Rose go. She stayed.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Because he know's Emma and trusts her would be the answer.
    For the sake of fairness, Emma does technically qualify as a mass-murdering war criminal. Also, the new Hellfire Club hasn't - publicly, at least - done much of anything about the mutant crisis.

I'm not saying Scott would automatically write her off. More like him having no idea WTF is going with his potentially evil/crazy ex and not being in a rush to find out. Sucks for Emma, I know, but that's kinda totally fair.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Did you miss the part where Emma killed the person responsible for the assault on Utopia? Or that she was literally the only one trying to save mutantkind and follow Scott's legacy during IvX?
    See, that's the thing. Blowing up a toxic death cloud is one thing. Blowing up civilians who had nothing to do with the guardianship of aforementioned toxic death cloud is an entirely other thing. Scott most likely wouldn't have issues with a proper declaration of war and an assault on Inhumanity's military. But blowing up those civvies? That is not Scott's cause nor would he have ever wanted to be his legacy.

I'm not saying Scott would/should go nuts and start comparing Emma to Adolf Hitler. I'm just saying it would be entirely fair for Cyke to have seriously mixed feelings about Emma in general.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-21-2019 at 02:34 PM.

Emma always stays

she may have committed several murders, but she also hung around him with midriff all the time and if he doesn't appreciate how cold she must have felt then there must be something wrong with his brain
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Because Emma truly loves with all her predators heart

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Considering the situation, and someone suggested it earlier, but I think Emma might come to the rescue at one point or have a grand entrance. Like Jean, it's an interesting dynamic that I think will be played with later on. If Scott wants to make amends, he has some work with Emma to get through. At the same time, her progression is the result of his words. If Scott's in character, he'd feel that it was his fault.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Blowing up a toxic death cloud is one thing. Blowing up civilians who had nothing to do with the guardianship of aforementioned toxic death cloud is an entirely other thing. Scott most likely wouldn't have issues with a proper declaration of war and an assault on Inhumanity's military. But blowing up those civvies? That is not Scott's cause nor would he have ever wanted to be his - or anyone's, really - legacy.

I'm not saying Scott would/should go nuts and start comparing Emma to Adolf Hitler. I'm just saying it would be entirely fair for Cyke to have seriously mixed feelings about the whole thing. Not talking about hatred/fear/condescension or anything of the sort. Just, you know, Cyke not knowing what the heck to expect from Emma and not rushing to find out.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-21-2019 at 02:37 PM.

See, that's the thing. Blowing up a toxic death cloud is one thing. Blowing up civilians who had nothing to do with the guardianship of aforementioned toxic death cloud is an entirely other thing. Scott most likely wouldn't have issues with a proper declaration of war and an assault on Inhumanity's military. But blowing up those civvies? That is not Scott's cause nor would he have ever wanted to be his legacy.

I'm not saying Scott would/should go nuts and start comparing Emma to Adolf Hitler. I'm just saying it would be entirely fair for Cyke to have seriously mixed feelings about Emma in general.
    Ahuras Inhumans? The ones who arrived in War Blimps and started firing lethal shots at everyone?

Emma's plan was to commit suicide there btw.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 01-21-2019 at 02:40 PM.

Yeah, your argument is logically sound. And yet, I remember that Emma was flipped to fanatical villainous mode because Marvel couldn’t very well have painted the Inhumans as the villains that they were and I find myself firmly in Emma’s corner.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Ahuras Inhumans? The ones who arrived in War Blimps and started firing lethal shots at everyone?

Wait, were they confirmed as non-civilians? I don’t recall, and I don’t want to flip through that travesty.

For the sake of fairness, Emma does technically qualify as a mass-murdering war criminal. Also, the new Hellfire Club hasn't - publicly, at least - done much of anything about the mutant crisis.

I'm not saying Scott would automatically write her off. More like him having no idea WTF is going with his potentially evil/crazy ex and not being in a rush to find out. Sucks for Emma, I know, but that's kinda totally fair.

Scott wasn't around for that. Hopefully Marvel forgets it ever happened. Usually I'm against that sort of thing, but in this case it was just stupid to begin with and should have absolutely been swept under the carpet.

Regardless, Emma has essentially been unswerving loyal to Scott and by extension the X-men and mutants in general. That seems like the only criteria that matters when Scott is evaluating options for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Wait, were they confirmed as non-civilians? I don’t recall, and I don’t want to flip through that travesty.
    They weren't called anything just ahuras people who came in War Blimps and fired rounds. Then a short ceasefire broke out and Emma retaliated

They weren't called anything just ahuras people who came in War Blimps and fired rounds. Then a short ceasefire broke out and Emma retaliated
    If they were on were blimps and engaged enemy combatants, then yeah, they weren’t civilians. If the Inhumans knowingly put civilians in a war blimp, wouldn’t that be a war crime?

Of course. That Inhumans PR machine is a miracle worker. Inhumans have always been poor wittle victims. Millions of dead Inhumans civilians. The whole 'mutantkind choking to death on Terrigen' was just one biiiig misunderstand. Mutants standing up for their race are pure evil. Rarrrr.

How would Scott know? Which has been the key point, really. All Scott's got is fake news and Tyke's twisted recollection of that era. Well, maybe Wi-Fi's sypnosis, but the kids seems like a Jott shipper anyway, so that's no big help.

I'm not saying Scott should/would blindly buy into it. Just that there's some truth to the whole mass-murdering bit and that he'd be cautious/wary. Sounds fair in my book. Sucks for Emma, obviously, but still fair overall.