218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 75 of 619 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125175575 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 9276
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    If they were on were blimps and engaged enemy combatants, then yeah, they weren’t civilians. If the Inhumans knowingly put civilians in a war blimp, wouldn’t that be a war crime?
    Unless the Inhumans were using their own people as leverage so they could point villain at anyone who attacked.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Considering the situation, and someone suggested it earlier, but I think Emma might come to the rescue at one point or have a grand entrance. Like Jean, it's an interesting dynamic that I think will be played with later on. If Scott wants to make amends, he has some work with Emma to get through. At the same time, her progression is the result of his words. If Scott's in character, he'd feel that it was his fault.
    I was thinking about that in context of Scott trying to be better. I think there were a lot of times he could have been better when it came to her. I don't see a romantic reconciliation in their future, but I suspect Scott might regret some of his actions when it comes to her. The whole "I wouldn't touch you with Namor's trident" line was particularly nasty, and I think given Scott's history, also more than a little hypocritical. Just imagine Jean using a version of that line on him in PR. Ouch!

Unless the Inhumans were using their own people as leverage so they could point villain at anyone who attacked.
    That’s what I meant - doing that would be a war crime, right?

If they were on were blimps and engaged enemy combatants, then yeah, they weren’t civilians. If the Inhumans knowingly put civilians in a war blimp, wouldn’t that be a war crime?
    They even called them attack blimps

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ennilux_Airship

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Of course. That Inhumans PR machine is a miracle worker. Inhumans have always been poor wittle victims. Millions of dead Inhumans civilians. The whole 'mutantkind choking to death on Terrigen' was just one biiiig misunderstand. Mutants standing up for their race are pure evil. Rarrrr.

How would Scott know? Which has been the key point, really. All Scott's got is fake news and Tyke's twisted recollection of that era. Well, maybe Wi-Fi's sypnosis, but the kids seems like a Jott shipper anyway, so that's no big help.

I'm not saying Scott should/would blindly buy into it. Just that there's some truth to the whole mass-murdering bit and that he'd be cautious/wary. Sounds fair in my book. Sucks for Emma, obviously, but still fair overall.
    She mass murdered pawns brought to the battlefield for sympathy at worst, attacking forces in a war at best.

Emma did absolutely nothing wrong.

Well the Inhumans are so diverse in power sets they couldn't stick an inhuman with teleportation or flight or shield powers on each ship and had np plan B should their attack blimps get fired back on.

So they stuck inhumans with **** powers on those blimps and fired shots.

That’s what I meant - doing that would be a war crime, right?
    I mean, yeah I would think so. Besides, the Inhumans seemed to have a solution to the problem that they were neglecting. I think Emma's attack was meant to drive attention from that detail.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She mass murdered pawns brought to the battlefield for sympathy at worst, attacking forces in a war at best.

Emma did absolutely nothing wrong.
    I personally agree, lol. Screw Inhumans. They spent a whole year partying while mutantkind was choking to death. Hell, Black Bolt's punishment was to run a freakin' club. If that's not a effff you to mutant victims, I don't know what is.

But that's not the point. The point is Scott's perception of it all. Ever since his death, Emma seems to have taken his ideas and twisted them in, well, kinda totally sociopathic ways. Whatever Scott once felt (still feels?) for Emma, she did kill a whole of people, she did psychically enslave mutants to start her own country (lol, wth was that even about?) and she did try to kidnap Tyke so she could reprogram him. Yeah, there nave been more heroic/sane episodes, but overall, her post-DoX overall history doesn't exactly scream of stability and trustworthiness. And now she's in charge of the Hellfire Club for whatever reason.

Scott not instantly adding Emma to his Potential Allies list just doesn't scream of unfairness, really. He's got limited intel and she's been unstable. Little more else to say, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I was thinking about that in context of Scott trying to be better. I think there were a lot of times he could have been better when it came to her. I don't see a romantic reconciliation in their future, but I suspect Scott might regret some of his actions when it comes to her. The whole "I wouldn't touch you with Namor's trident" line was particularly nasty, and I think given Scott's history, also more than a little hypocritical. Just imagine Jean using a version of that line on him in PR. Ouch!
    Given Jean's loose views on marital fidelity, it would be more than a little hypocritical on her end too, wouldn't it?

As per the nastiness of Scott's line, it definitely would've been cruel if Emma hadn't spent months being a passive-aggressive troll because Scott didn't beg her to take him back and if she hadn't just tried to guilt-trip him (lol, Bendis) in a second go at a relationship. Wouldn't say she got off easy, but Scott's jab wasn't particularly unfair.

I personally agree, lol. Screw Inhumans.

Given Jean's loose views on marital fidelity, it would be more than a little hypocritical on her end too, wouldn't it?

As per the nastiness of Scott's line, it definitely would've been cruel if Emma hadn't spent months being a passive-aggressive troll because Scott didn't beg her to take him back and if she hadn't just tried to guilt-trip him (lol, Bendis) in a second go at a relationship. Wouldn't say she got off easy, but Scott's jab wasn't particularly unfair.
    I always interpreted that moment as Scott pushing her away to be alone. He was at an all time low and felt it necessary to be left alone.

On a similar note, I found it interesting that Emma confessed her cheating to Scott. Besides the fact that it felt forced in and the influence of the Phoenix, it's pretty interesting.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I always interpreted that moment as Scott pushing her away to be alone. He was at an all time low and felt it necessary to be left alone.

On a similar note, I found it interesting that Emma confessed her cheating to Scott. Besides the fact that it felt forced in and the influence of the Phoenix, it's pretty interesting.
    She confessed to him for the same reason Scott would have confessed to Jean if the Cuckoos hadn't outed them: She truly loves only Scott, and Scott truly loves only Jean.

She confessed to him for the same reason Scott would have confessed to Jean if the Cuckoos hadn't outed them: She truly loves only Scott, and Scott truly loves only Jean.
    Too bad he reacted with strangulation immediately afterwards. It makes me wonder if that's part of the reason Emma was so pissed at him after her rescue. Him betraying her and stealing her power along with the belief that she showed vulnerability only to be retaliated against.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Oh, I don't doubt for one second that Scott's self-loathing and desire to be left alone factored in. It's just that I can't help but think he got really, really annoyed by her sales pitch and thus unleashed that uncharacteristically hurtful-yet-kinda-totally-fair zinger. I mean, Emma basically broke the ship and was now acting like he was the a-hole for not appreciating what they once had and actively seeking a reunion. That scene was just nuts, lol.

I don't know about true love being her reasoning during that particular scene. Do you think Scott would've offered Jean to watch the psychic sex tapes of himself and Emma? I always took that scene as Emma trying to piss off Scott to the point that he'd stop holding back during the battle. It just kind of backfired, really.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-21-2019 at 04:28 PM.

Oh, I don't doubt for one second that Scott's self-loathing and desire to be left alone factored in. It's just that I can't help but think he got really, really annoyed by her sales pitch and thus unleashed that uncharacteristically hurtful-yet-kinda-totally-fair zinger. I mean, Emma basically broke the ship and was now acting like he was the a-hole for not appreciating what they once had and actively seeking a reunion. That scene was just nuts, lol.
    Yeah, it felt slightly ill timed. Considering the discussion they were having and the sudden transition into a relationship. At the same time, considering Scott's actions with Jean it seemed out of character and just a poor choice of wording. I think Emma probably realized how low he was and brought it up in the hopes of providing comfort.

I think the added "feel of his skin thing" was just a reference to how messed up the phoenix had influenced her. Or it was her kinky way of explaining her desire for Namor.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 01-21-2019 at 04:34 PM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I don't know about true love being her reasoning during that particular scene. Do you think Scott would've offered Jean to watch the psychic sex tapes of himself and Emma? I always took that scene as Emma trying to piss off Scott to the point that he'd stop holding back during the battle. It just kind of backfired, really.
    I think that had more to the Phoenix exaggerating every characters personality. Asking to have a threesome and looking for and being open to new experiences is Emma

Anyway the way the P5 were all linked that if Scott and Major thought of having sex with each other they would have ended up having psychic sex.

Yeah, it felt slightly ill timed. Considering the discussion they were having and the sudden transition into a relationship. At the same time, considering Scott's actions with Jean it seemed out of character and just a poor choice of wording. I think Emma probably realized how low he was and brought it up in the hopes of providing comfort.
    Not so much the timing as the execution. It totally came off as her trying to guilt-trip him back into a relationship. The fact that she committed the betrayal that started the whole thing just made it worse, really.

Imagine if Scott used that sales pitch on Jean. Wait, bad example, Jean sort of cheated first. Well, let's assume Jean was 100% faithful, if just for the sake of the argument.

I think the added "feel of his skin thing" was just a reference to how messed up the phoenix had influenced her. Or it was her kinky way of explaining her desire for Namor.
    Nah, that was just trolling for the sheer sake of it, lol.