View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 501 of 619 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,515 of 9276
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Scott really needs to stop spoiling her.
    Oops, I missed this.

Actually, I like when Cyclops takes care of Hope. They aren't superclose but you can tell he cares about her. Hope is also harsh with him but it is because she knows he can take it.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    In the year of our lord 2019 there are still articles being written about how X-Clops was some kind of violent revolutionary: https://www.comicsbeat.com/hot-cyclops-hox-pox/

(Also if what X-Clops did was so bad according to certain corners of the internet, then why do these same people approve of Jean's goals and actions in Red so much?)
    We only have ourselves to blame.

and maybe Alonoso
    "Cable was right!"

In the year of our lord 2019 there are still articles being written about how X-Clops was some kind of violent revolutionary: https://www.comicsbeat.com/hot-cyclops-hox-pox/

(Also if what X-Clops did was so bad according to certain corners of the internet, then why do these same people approve of Jean's goals and actions in Red so much?)
    Haters gonna hate? Honestly, I can only guess at the motivation behind these articles.

As for the second point, I'm still waiting for Jean's return to be capitalized on. I haven't posted it on the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I think Phoenix Resurrection wasn't good and X-Men Red was overrated. There were enjoyable elements to be sure, but on the whole Jean has been wasted. Scott hasn't been immune, I had hopes for Uncanny but we all know how that turned out.
    Does it need doing?
    Yes.
    Then it will be done.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Jean is a woman, Cyclops is a straight white male?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    .............more like western audiences have been trained to view threats against an establishment as terrorism no matter the reason, while Jean’s approach has been layered so much in liberal ideology and talking points that it’s been pretty digestible to most readers.

The main reason is that Scott and company went to Hot Topic to look like the goth kids who hang by the soda machine at Lunch while Jean dressed like Optimus Prime, who everyone associates with their dad and buying them ice cream after beating up your annoying brother (Starscream), your drunk grandpa (Megatron), and that 35 year-old who stands outside the house windows and stares blankly inside (Soundwave).
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'm gonna choke
    Yep, that's the part that got me as well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Jean wasn't upsetting the status quo as much as Cyclops tried to.

Remember, X-Men: Red was about Jean fighting fantasy small robots making people be racist. Bendis' Uncanny was about Cyclops kicking cops in the face for arresting mutant kids for being mutants, joining rallies about mutant rights and basically pissing off SHIELD at every turn. It doesn't get much more AMERICA **** YEAH than to paint one as God's emissary and the other as a demon, and we all know which is which

But who am I kidding, it's been around this everywhere, forever. Even more center/left inclined people and governments fall for this kinda BS. It's better to pick something extraneous to the common person to see as the villain, than shoving their faces on the fact that their authorities, the very system they live in is corrupt to its very core and that fighting it would be the moral thing to do.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    It's just, I'm thinking about the implications, and why would Xavier and Magneto wait ten years to get going on Krakoa? Why would they allow for a majority of X-Men continuity to happen before consolidating everything and everyone?
    My best guess is that it took that long to get it to the point it's at in HoX. I would think that maybe Moira was working on Krakoa in secret, which would account for her being completely off the grid after faking her death. This also kinda dovetails into a theory I've had that the black/blind spot on the Krakoa map is actually where Moira is since we haven't seen her in the present/Year 10.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Oops, I missed this.

Actually, I like when Cyclops takes care of Hope. They aren't superclose but you can tell he cares about her. Hope is also harsh with him but it is because she knows he can take it.
    I keep hoping someone will take care of Hope the way Al Capone took care of his rivals on Valentine's Day.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Oops, I missed this.

To be honest, part of me wants to see Cyke and Hope reconcile, mostly because of all the build-up (remember when Cyke was building Hope a crib in San Francisco when he couldn't sleep because he was worried over Cable and Baby!Hope?), but the X-Office seems to love turning Hope into a straight-up bitch instead of a brat. Strange.

And now she's gone again. And, eh, with her recent portrayal, I'm not sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Haters gonna hate? Honestly, I can only guess at the motivation behind these articles.

As for the second point, I'm still waiting for Jean's return to be capitalized on. I haven't posted it on the Unpopular Opinions thread, but I think Phoenix Resurrection wasn't good and X-Men Red was overrated. There were enjoyable elements to be sure, but on the whole Jean has been wasted. Scott hasn't been immune, I had hopes for Uncanny but we all know how that turned out.
    -Looks at signature; recalls the years the anti-Cyke squad/Aaron fanboys used the "child soldier" argument like it meant something-
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I'm gonna choke
    I was going to quote exactly that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I was going to quote exactly that.
    While Wolverine certainly draws in comic book readers, Cyke seems to be prime clickbait for discussion XD
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This costume looks so much better without the cowl

https://twitter.com/Rkun820/status/1162738259434201088

ECLgHMWUEAAPma- (1).jpg

you can barely see it in that image