View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 553 of 619 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563603 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 9276
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

From all the reviews I read, Cyclops has a huge focus in this book that makes me so happy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    When did Cyclops and Magneto became so close? Respect I understand but superclose seems weird. Xavier makes sense because he had Cyclops since he was a kid with no family and friends and Xavier teached him andgave him purpose. But Magneto had none of that.
    Not that close, but they have a deep respect for each other. Particularly on Erik's part, due to Scott accomplishing with Utopia what he could not. Scott also has all the reasons for respecting Erik since then.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Not that close, but they have a deep respect for each other. Particularly on Erik's part, due to Scott accomplishing with Utopia what he could not. Scott also has all the reasons for respecting Erik since then.
    I noticed at the council meeting that Erik is trying to mellow out a little bit. He supported Jean's law that mutants should not kill humans. He made the distinction between murder and war and how what they do in war to defend their nation is not the same as people targeting humans outside of conflict.

I think there is a part of Erik that sees Scott as the son he always wanted, particularly now after Pietro and Wanda are completely cut off from him by the Axis event (horrible retcon). So Erik has his beloved daughter Lorna, and the man that he sees as a son, and this new place where mutants can be safe. Lol, I wonder if Erik encourages Scott to try dating Lorna, that would be a very interesting change in the status quo for Scott and Lorna to try going out with each other.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

When Xavier died, Magneto shaved his head and told Scott that he trusted him more than his own children.

Coincidence? I do not think so. Even in comics as old as God Loves, Man Kills, Magneto says he wanted Scott to be his heir.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I noticed at the council meeting that Erik is trying to mellow out a little bit. He supported Jean's law that mutants should not kill humans. He made the distinction between murder and war and how what they do in war to defend their nation is not the same as people targeting humans outside of conflict.

I think there is a part of Erik that sees Scott as the son he always wanted, particularly now after Pietro and Wanda are completely cut off from him by the Axis event (horrible retcon). So Erik has his beloved daughter Lorna, and the man that he sees as a son, and this new place where mutants can be safe. Lol, I wonder if Erik encourages Scott to try dating Lorna, that would be a very interesting change in the status quo for Scott and Lorna to try going out with each other.
    I agree. I always thought at some point, Erik probably projected a bit of Pietro on Scott, or at least what he would want Pietro to be when he thought they were related.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I agree. I always thought at some point, Erik probably projected a bit of Pietro on Scott, or at least what he would want Pietro to be when he thought they were related.
    Well personally I always felt like Pietro was a petulant child most of the time. Lorna and Wanda were the kids Erik could be proud of!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

When did Cyclops and Magneto became so close? Respect I understand but superclose seems weird. Xavier makes sense because he had Cyclops since he was a kid with no family or friends and Xavier teached him and gave him purpose. But Magneto had none of that.
    They’ve worked together for a while now, and Scott was drifting more in line with Magneto’s way of thinking, so I can see them getting closer. And given that Scott was Xavier’s second in command and heir apparent, why Magneto would respect him always made sense for me.
    Last edited by Vordan; 10-15-2019 at 10:07 AM.

Also, when Magneto was under Scott's command, he behaved in a civilized manner. It almost seemed as if he wanted to impress him and earn his respect, as when he rescued Kitty. Over time Scott has come to have an intermediate vision between Xavier and Magneto. Just like his son.

With all the slash fanfic and canon subtext so loud it might actually be text between Xavier and Magneto I can see them as Scott's adoptive parents in another timeline.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    With all the slash fanfic and canon subtext so loud it might actually be text between Xavier and Magneto I can see them as Scott's adoptive parents in another timeline.
    Erik and Charles are seriously looking like a family unit so far.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They’ve worked together for a while now, and Scott was drifting more in line with Magneto’s way of thinking, so I can see them getting closer. And given that Scott was Xavier’s second in command and heir apparent, why Magneto would respect him always made sense for me.
    Yeah, Magneto and Scott respecting one another seems consistent with previous events.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Also, when Magneto was under Scott's command, he behaved in a civilized manner. It almost seemed as if he wanted to impress him and earn his respect, as when he rescued Kitty. Over time Scott has come to have an intermediate vision between Xavier and Magneto. Just like his son.
    Didnt Magneto actually warn Scott about taken a similar path ?? He did sound like a voice of reason.

When did Cyclops and Magneto became so close? Respect I understand but superclose seems weird. Xavier makes sense because he had Cyclops since he was a kid with no family or friends and Xavier teached him and gave him purpose. But Magneto had none of that.
    as others have mentioned, it started in Fraction's run and by Bendis' run, Magneto was one of his most trusted ally. He is one of the few X-men that didn't abandon him and he more than earned his trust

You also have to remember that Magneto DID mentor Scott when he was a teenager, just as Xavier did. This happened in X-men Blue.
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-15-2019 at 03:31 PM.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You also have to remember that Magneto DID mentor Scott when he was a teenager, just as Xavier did This happened in X-men Blue.
    I honestly forgot about this.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Lorna: "So... Alex and I are back together."
    Magneto: *Walks away muttering to himself. Calmly removes helmet. Starts bashing head on the nearest wall.*
    Scott: "Huh. What's wrong with your father?"
    Lorna: "No idea. I thought he liked Alex."