View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 504 of 619 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    In 3 weeks.

Attachment 85910
    That's the tweet that made me real paranoid, the entire quote doesn't have the same vibe, that tweet could be about a normal comic that has one line that breaks the fans' hearts, the entire quote shows a comic that has a heartbreaking story and one particularly heartbreaking line

And in the middle of writting this I wondered "what was the solicit" and it says "Xavier’s dream turns deadly for some of his students" if it isn't a bs solicit I'm quite certain that that line must be someone's dying words (and just in case, no solicit for HoX/PoX has lied as of now)

BANNED

Still not too sure about the hitters Scott appears to assemble, though. I know Hick loves Gen X but Paige and Kurt? You need tanks for that dyson sphere and I remember Paige's powers being a grab bag.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Still not too sure about the hitters Scott appears to assemble, though. I know Hick loves Gen X but Paige and Kurt? You need tanks for that dyson sphere and I remember Paige's powers being a grab bag.
    Kurt and Paige are very versatile and have powers that you don't normally find in other mutants. For some reason the focus of the mission is not heavy artillery, they are only using an omega (which in addition her telepathy would not work against Sentinel).

If the solution is not simply to throw Iceman, Proteus, Vulcan, Hope and Magneto as if they were a bomb, it is that the problem is one that they cannot solve with brute force.

BANNED

Well, doesn't Jean have her TK back? There is that.

BANNED

Maybe the team all die on the space station thus leading to the pod people scene.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Well, doesn't Jean have her TK back? There is that.
    But her TK isn't omega. "Just" extremely powerful.

BANNED

I think @xavierfiles pointed out the beauty of this panel.

IMG_20190815_230825.jpg

Cyclops has both Xavier & magneto's helmets' reflection on his visor on either side.
    Really a powerful panel when you look deep.

IMG_20190815_230825.jpg

Cyclops has both Xavier & magneto's helmets' reflection on his visor on either side.
    wow nice detail that I hadnt noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Kurt and Paige are very versatile and have powers that you don't normally find in other mutants. For some reason the focus of the mission is not heavy artillery, they are only using an omega (which in addition her telepathy would not work against Sentinel).

If the solution is not simply to throw Iceman, Proteus, Vulcan, Hope and Magneto as if they were a bomb, it is that the problem is one that they cannot solve with brute force.
    Paige power amounts to different forms of durability and super strength and she's nowhere near the best when it comes to it. Like Powerpax stated, its tends to be random and not as reliable. She's not really a good support character either

IMG_20190815_230825.jpg

I did NOT notice that. That's SO FREAKIN' DOPE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    Maybe the team all die on the space station thus leading to the pod people scene.
    I guess if that issue has the assault on the Sentinel facility that issue will answer the question of whether PoX's future happens in Moira's 10th or 9th life, I really hope it's her 9th, we know there are 10 mutants left, we saw 9 and the 10th could be well be Moira in her horsman of the apocalypse form

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Paige power amounts to different forms of durability and super strength and she's nowhere near the best when it comes to it. Like Powerpax stated, its tends to be random and not as reliable. She's not really a good support character either
    If that's the actual team, it will be interesting to see the reasons for their selection.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    If that's the actual team, it will be interesting to see the reasons for their selection.
    IF we do.

What do we know? We know Hickman is a Generation X fan.
    What do we also know? We know that more often than not, if a writer states they are a fan of the character they typically respect that character and take them seriously. With that respect, there tends to be an education/history with that character to back up what they write.

Regardless of any readership biases that may be in play -- specific to Miss Guthrie or Miss St.Croix or even Mr. Wagner, -- the folks featured on the cover (should they prove to be our satellite sabotage crew) are all super rad and versatile in their performance capabilities, and we should also take into consideration that more than simple powerset is accounted with a strategist like Scott (reliability, personal accountability, who follows orders well, experience in space & experience with each other, success ratio, etc etc), but I would LOVE to see Hickman bless us with some kind of Summers dossier elaborating on the mission and the mutants he selected.

Here's hoping!!!

BANNED

Listen, Hickman can do anything he likes AFAIC, I'm all in. Paige and Kurt are just not the first squad I'd think of, and I have nothing against them. Of course I used to think Paige couldn't control what she manifested when she husked, but that seems wrong so she could be a huge asset.