• Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 93 of 619 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193593 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Teen Trunks was actually fun and likable, if a little whiny about his dad. WiFi is just pure angst distilled into its purest form. Rappers are currently injecting his blood into themselves to use a battle rap stimulant. His skin cells are harvested and sold for $14.99 a package at Hot Topic. Dashboard Confessional has him on their newest album cover.
    Future Trunks? He was awesome, and I liked his relationship with Gohan (Future and Present); I have no attachment to Wifi at all

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Nope, it's really a bad example. Scott originally was a boyscout who loved his wife and tried never to do anything wrong. RightClops was the evolution of the character, he was no longer a boyscout, he had made many mistakes including the loss of his wife, killing his mentor and being considered a villain, even though he did the right thing. Now they want Scott to be the Boyscout of the 90's again, even though Rightclops was also a good character. Well this is the same thing that DC rebirth did with SM or WW new 52 they erased their stories because "they were very dark" and "those were not the real characters" so DC Rebirth brought "their true selves" even though that supposed Ignore or erase everything that happened during the last years.
    I didn't mean to apply DC Rebirth to Scott' personal character trajectory but more generally to DC's meta-acknowledgment that they had made narrative mistakes. I understand that it was a mixed bag from character to character.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Kid cable is a psychopath.
    I don't get the meaning of the word properly but what he pulled here in the annual,he has problems.
    Why? He gave Cyclops the hero test and he passed with flying colors. Selfish or Selfless.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Why? He gave Cyclops the hero test and he passed with flying colors. Selfish or Selfless.
    Oh,i don't know.Putting that guy & his family to a horror show to prove a point.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So they brought Scott back just to take a huge crap on him, his legacy, his relationships that aren't with Jean, his actions, and everything he ever stood for...

all because the writers themselves pay zero attention to the canon or what has been written before.

Mother of God...
    At this point, I don't know if writers pay zero attention to or are willfully ignoring canon in favor of pushing the editorial narrative. I mean, it's not difficult to understand cause-and-effect right?

Bah humbug. This is, realistically, the last straw in acknowledging Cyke. Then the writer just takes a crap on it. So the question is-- should Cyke fans continue reading Tyke 2.0?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Reposting for the annual thread

Finally read it, it was a good story for the most part, i found the way that Scott was resurrected and brought back pretty cool and that technically was his family that brought him back,. The artwork was also amazing.

The big problem that everyone has with this, especially Scott saying that he was wrong...yeah i get the outrage, especially because Marvel's narrative just didn't work very well. But it was clear to me that they would never admit that or worse, i think that they don't understand why people think that their narrative doesn't work. I just personally gave up about it with current editorial, here is hoping that they could do something great with Cyclops and all the X-Men line in the future (my hopes aren't hight, but eh, expect the best and be ready for the worse is my motto of life, i'm loyal to it).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    At this point, I don't know if writers pay zero attention to or are willfully ignoring canon in favor of pushing the editorial narrative. I mean, it's not difficult to understand cause-and-effect right?

Bah humbug. This is, realistically, the last straw in acknowledging Cyke. Then the writer just takes a crap on it. So the question is-- should Cyke fans continue reading Tyke 2.0?
    I'm probably not. I wasn't a fan of Cyke reuniting with Wolverine either or the fact he was in the 90s uniform for the covers.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I think Kid Cable just wants to have his dad back, that looked pretty clear today. On the other hand his antagonism against Emma ... well it's normal, she is responsible for separating his parents, it's normal for him to dislike her in addition he is young and if Rachel who was not raised by these versions of Jean and Scott was against her, Kid Cable with even more reason.
    Then yes, he acts like a leader telling his father what he can or can't do ... that's a little weird, but I guess he has plans and has planned how everything has to happen so that his goal is fulfilled, so that maybe that's why he acts that way.

let us not speak ill of the dead, for it is not TDT (time-displaced teen) cyclops responsible for our suffering, but all of time itself

an entire decade, crawling out of the past vortex to destroy our monthly mutant magazines

the 90's shall come for all characters, and they already drink the blood of morrison, utopia, and bendis

you can run

you can hide

you can cry

hell, you'll all be doing it

but you'll be doing it in your jim lee costume

and you're gon' like it, pardner

yeehaw
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

You'll never take me alive, 90s! zI may have been born from you, but I'll never be you!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

BANNED

I can't help but wonder how Fluffy and Maestroneto feel for seeing how Scott would be portrayed so far in the past. It's like Blindfold and Destiny joined.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Ruby will change her name to Infrared and another Scemma child will come from the future called Bluetooth and then another Nathan clone called analogue
    Ruby is likely to just to remain a memory in fan’s minds, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I can't help but wonder how Fluffy and Maestroneto feel for seeing how Scott would be portrayed so far in the past. It's like Blindfold and Destiny joined.
    aw they better not use those powers too much or cb cebulski will come crashing through their homes with a fleet of sentinels to remind them not to cause any trouble! wouldn't want to make duh humans uncomfortable, after all
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    It’s my first thought after reading, but now I realize it can be Cyke typically blaming himself and taking all responsibilities, too, like other fellow fans have said. We may need more issues to confirm.

Just...it’s sad if Cyke can’t get justice after all these years.
    I'm going to hold judgement until later. I'm hoping this is just Scott being Scott and feeling guilty as always. I'm also hoping they don't pull a Black Cat with Emma Frost.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

WiFi tossing Emma under the bus was particularly disgusting. I'd bet good money White was salivating when he read that panel. That and the forced "who are you gonna save" choice were pretty low points for the annual. Only reason I'm not rating that speech at the end lower is because I want to see exactly how Rosenberg handles Scott moving forward(though that tweet leaves a LOT to be desired). Needless to say, after that horribly disappointing Disassembled, this did little for me aside from bringing Scott back.

Hoping for the best in the future, but admittedly, I have little faith that Marvel won't screw this up again.