274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 94 of 619 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194594 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 9276

I'm just a casual comic book follower. I have a few characters I love (Superman, Cyclops, Spider-man, Tim Drake, Hal Jordan)and I check in on what's going on with them every now and then. I follow Cyclops the closest and I haven't really read any comics since he died. I got Uncanny Annual today and I loved it. I can see why Cyke fans might be split on the decision to have him he declare he was wrong, but I can live with it. When Cable talked about how the way he died just wasn't supposed to be the way he was supposed to go out, it felt like Marvel acknowledging they did Cyclops wrong. If they can acknowledge that, I can live with them also having Cyclops say he was wrong. He has an awesome direction for his character (fixing the X-men), he felt like such a hero in this issue. Young Cable was mostly really enjoyable. I'm really excited and optimistic for Cyclops moving forward. It looked so good to see that Astonishing costume back (though I still love the revolution costume)

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    WiFi tossing Emma under the bus was particularly disgusting. I'd bet good money White was salivating when he read that panel. That and the forced "who are you gonna save" choice were pretty low points for the annual. Only reason I'm not rating that speech at the end lower is because I want to see exactly how Rosenberg handles Scott moving forward(though that tweet leaves a LOT to be desired). Needless to say, after that horribly disappointing Disassembled, this did little for me aside from bringing Scott back.

Hoping for the best in the future, but admittedly, I have little faith that Marvel won't screw this up again.
    That part felt really odd for me. The whole "what type of man returned" thing. I'm pretty sure Scott preferred to save humans when he was in the marvel now uniform. To be honest, some of it felt purposely put in due to the current editorial's views.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    That part felt really odd for me. The whole "what type of man returned" thing. I'm pretty sure Scott preferred to save humans when he was in the marvel now uniform. To be honest, some of it felt purposely put in due to the current editorial's views.
    Considering Jordan White despises Emma...

I'm picturing him as the Comcast guys from South Park during brainstorming of WiFi's lines there.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Considering Jordan White despises Emma...

I'm picturing him as the Comcast guys from South Park during brainstorming of WiFi's lines there.
    Yeah, I feel like Emma is really being setup to be "Black Cated". I'll hold judgment for when he sees her but as of now, it doesn't look good.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

I hope none of the people here harassed Rosenberg because he said he's basically leaving Twitter just a bit after the tweet, mentioning the hostility he's been feeling. That would be really low from anyone.

Also, we should start being nicer so he'll make an account here. Now I can't ask inane stuff about Cyclops to anyone on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I hope none of the people here harassed Rosenberg because he said he's basically leaving Twitter just a bit after the tweet, mentioning the hostility he's been feeling. That would be really low from anyone.

Also, we should start being nicer so he'll make an account here. Now I can't ask inane stuff about Cyclops to anyone on Twitter
    People actually harassed Rosenberg? I mean you can be upset, but to attack the creators?
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I read the tweets to him. Most of them were simply pointing out logical inconsistencies.

anyone mean to the matthew on twit gets their ass beat
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

His name is Matty from the Block.

There's no one calling out Brisson as a person but more like the MArvel company. Even then there's a bit of a back and forth on Cyke being right or wrong and the whole double storm thing.

But I'm confident no one here is going to go ape on Brisson even if we dislike the annual.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I wish Cyclops could just be single for a while but he's been single since breaking up with Emma (and I think keeping them close to one another following the break-up was brilliant, a lot of my favorite stuff about the Revolution era was things between them) so I doubt they'll keep him much longer. Are fans in here assuming Cyke's heart will be set on Jean? This annual seems to suggest that. I'm hoping he doesn't chase after her too much, I'm doubting Marvel will be interested in thrusting Jean into a long-term steady relationship with anyone at this point of her return to the comics, but I could see Cyclops being written as chasing after her and not being interested in anyone else. I really liked Cyclops with Emma. I'm much more excited to see their reunion than Cyke and Jean's. And I mean zero offense to people who ship Cyke and Jean. We all have different things we like.

Edit: fixed some wording in my sentences and added a thought or two
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 01-23-2019 at 07:35 PM. Reason: fixed some wording in my sentences and added a thought or two

No one should harass people online, and I can't think of anyone here who would. Having read the tweets in that link, Cyclops seems more disrespected there than anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I wish Cyclops could just be single for a while but he's been single since breaking up with Emma (and I think keeping them close to one another following the break-up was brilliant, a lot of my favorite stuff about the Revolution era was things between them) so I doubt they'll keep him much longer. Are fans in here assuming Cyke's heart will be set on Jean? This annual seems to suggest that. I'm hoping he doesn't chase after her too much. I really liked him with Emma. I'm much more excited to see their reunion than Cyke and Jean's. And I mean zero offense to people who ship Cyke and Jean. We all have different things we like.
    I want him single for a while too; I don't mind Jott, and I wouldn't mind Scemma making comeback. I don't want Scott groveling to Jean though, especially if she's gonna be with someone else and Scott's gonna be in eternally-pining-mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    I wish Cyclops could just be single for a while but he's been single since breaking up with Emma (and I think keeping them close to one another following the break-up was brilliant, a lot of my favorite stuff about the Revolution era was things between them) so I doubt they'll keep him much longer. Are fans in here assuming Cyke's heart will be set on Jean? This annual seems to suggest that. I'm hoping he doesn't chase after her too much. I really liked him with Emma. I'm much more excited to see their reunion than Cyke and Jean's. And I mean zero offense to people who ship Cyke and Jean. We all have different things we like.
    I'm pretty much expecting pining for Jean. Still wish he could have a talk with Emma before that.

I do agree on Cyke experiencing the single life for a little longer.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.