View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 391 of 619 FirstFirst ... 291341381387388389390391392393394395401441491 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,865 of 9276

Twitter is not canon! It doesnt matter what JDW says. If it isnt in a published book, then its not gospel bc the next editor can come in and completely contradict him and that be legit bc theres no canonical evidence to support Scott still being 27. Iceman just had a birthday and they could have shut this down by having him become 25 or 26 but they didnt so I see that bday as him becoming 31 which makes more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke101 View Post
    Like I said I think at some point, it may be at what info you take up. Even if we take him at his youngest, which would be about Spider-Man’s age of 28 as a few years ago, then we had the 8 month gap, a couple more years since then, he’s probably 29. Scott, at his youngest, should be 29. Oldest, which if following canon information, probably early 30’s. 32-34 at the most.
    At the end of the day, I wouldn’t hold editors any higher than the actual writers who establish the information to begin with.
    Didn't someone say at one point that Jean, Scott, and Emma were all around the same age and this was a little after Emma had said during the Utopia period just before the Phoenix 5 that she was 28. I kind of figured that made Scott, Jean, and Emma all around 28 or 29.

Depending on the writers though Scott can really look like an experienced soldier. Maybe he is older than Jean and Emma, although Jean and Emma are the same, sometimes they seem like they are drawn in their 20's and then other times it feels like the writer and artist are portraying them in their 30's.

Lol, they get to 35ish and they all reset like a rubber band back to 27 again.

Like I said I think at some point, it may be at what info you take up. Even if we take him at his youngest, which would be about Spider-Man’s age of 28 as a few years ago, then we had the 8 month gap, a couple more years since then, he’s probably 29. Scott, at his youngest, should be 29. Oldest, which if following canon information, probably early 30’s. 32-34 at the most.
    At the end of the day, I wouldn’t hold editors any higher than the actual writers who establish the information to begin with.
    Those gaps eventually get compressed or ignored too. Time skips and other story conventions are only relevant for a short time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Twitter is not canon! It doesnt matter what JDW says. If it isnt in a published book, then its not gospel bc the next editor can come in and completely contradict him and that be legit bc theres no canonical evidence to support Scott still being 27. Iceman just had a birthday and they could have shut this down by having him become 25 or 26 but they didnt so I see that bday as him becoming 31 which makes more sense
    He will always be 35-40 on my mind.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Mary Jane said recently in ASM Peter is in his mid 20's; if he is that age, so is Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    He will always be 35-40 on my mind.
    Yeah, I feel like Scott should be in his mid 30's ideally. He is a leader and a strategist and one of the greatest leaders of the X-Men, my head-canon is that he is somewhere between 35 and 40.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, I feel like Scott should be in his mid 30's ideally. He is a leader and a strategist and one of the greatest leaders of the X-Men, my head-canon is that he is somewhere between 35 and 40.
    Mentally he is between 35 and 40 thanks to "The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix"

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

There was one issue on champions were someone pointed that Scott even as a teen, felt like an old man.
    Is just the way he is what makes him feel older.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Mary Jane said recently in ASM Peter is in his mid 20's; if he is that age, so is Scott.
    And Slott, who wrote Parker for almost a decade, also said Parker 28 before an 8 month fast forward in ASM vol 3 issue 1 IIRC. Bendis around that time said the 05 were early 30’s at one point, as did JDW to Scott specifically just a year ago. There is no consistency and I think at some point, to a degree, it comes up to reader interpretation based on info given. If you want to go with a specific number based off of Spider-Man, 28-29, because that itself is only a couple of years old. That also falls “around 27”. So there you go if you want him Spider-Man’s age. It’s still not 27.
    I wrote the book.

I agree with Nicieza and JDW’s original statement of about 30-32 at the oldest. While I think Scott should be mid, timescaling roughly puts him around early 30’s. Hell, even in the 80’s he could’ve been 28-29 when he said he lost his family 20 years ago, considering he was around 7-9 IIRC at that point. And if we want Parker’s age, 29ish.
    I wrote the book.

I second this.
    I wrote the book.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Didn't someone say at one point that Jean, Scott, and Emma were all around the same age and this was a little after Emma had said during the Utopia period just before the Phoenix 5 that she was 28. I kind of figured that made Scott, Jean, and Emma all around 28 or 29.

Depending on the writers though Scott can really look like an experienced soldier. Maybe he is older than Jean and Emma, although Jean and Emma are the same, sometimes they seem like they are drawn in their 20's and then other times it feels like the writer and artist are portraying them in their 30's.

Lol, they get to 35ish and they all reset like a rubber band back to 27 again.
    Basically, with the last statement. Emma is about 2 years younger than Jean in canon. She herself was 27 back in Morrison’s run and had a birthday around the Utopia era, but I could see her being the same age as them, early 30’s. Shaw just recently called her old as well, which I don’t consider anyone late 20’s as old. Just my interpretation since it could’ve just been an insult. I’d say at youngest, Emma, Jean, and Scott would be 29. No older than 31-32.
    I wrote the book.

You're overthinking it, man. Just let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You're overthinking it, man. Just let it go.
    *Shrugs* Just saying.
    I wrote the book.

*Shrugs* Just saying.
    The characters are the age Marvel wants them to be. And if they're past a certain age- say, 18 or 21- does it really matter?