• Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 73 of 619 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Does anyone have a scan of Emma giving a whatever-awwww-did-i-just-hurt-your-feelings face to Kitty in that Adjectiveless issue right before Messiah Complex? #204-ish, I think? That should totally be the MU's official response to XMRed, lol.

I know. Just mocking the fact that the X-Office currently pretending otherwise. I mean, if pressed about it , you just know Rosenberg/JDW will totally use the mock defense I just laid out.
    Nope sadly but I will try to get it xD

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    It wasn't it was implied and with JDW comments. That everything the Phoenix was telling Jean was emotional blackmail to get her to do what the Phoenix wanted.
    He did said that, and that pr Cyclops was not the real one Scott was dead dead dead.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Also, that sounded like Scott himself actually talking. If the Phoenix wanted to make a temptation, I figured it would be something more along the lines of 'Take the power and you can do anything"

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Nope sadly but I will try to get it xD
    I'll post it later today if Exodus doesn't beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I don't want to milk this topic forever, but I definitely got the part about the blackmail. Phoenix showed Jean they had the power to bring back her dead husband. When she rejected the offer, things went back the way they were.

I highly doubt they buried some illusion/construct/psychic ghost. It would have disappeared with the rest of the illusions
    We never see what happens to the body after PR, but I think X Men Red tomb is ignore here

They did xD

Also, that sounded like Scott himself actually talking. If the Phoenix wanted to make a temptation, I figured it would be something more along the lines of 'Take the power and you can do anything"
    And those sounded like her parents. And Scott conversing with space dust sounded like Jean and Jean insulting Scott in AvX sounded like Jean. But no one has any recollection of speaking beyond the grave but Nightcrawler

The deal with the devil that Jean made originally was take my power and save yourself and friends. In PR she now wouldn't make the same choice if presented with the same choice. So the Phoenix asked her if she wanted to be with her family and a committed ex husband

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

We never see what happens to the body after PR, but I think X Men Red tomb is ignore here
    Even Jean thanked then Phoenix for letting it speak with her husband again and I'm sure she was able to telepathically verify it was him.

As for the gravestones, so far writer error.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That says it right there. I'm sure he thinks he can be better. The important part is that he looks at that stage of his life and recognizes that not all the choices he made in that period were bad and some were in fact absolutely required. It would be nice if his team, would validate that too to some extent.

Yeah, Emma's inclusion makes a lot of sense. Outside of AvX where everyone was kind of insane, Emma has always been a staunch ally of Scott's. Assuming the end of IvX doesn't haunt her too badly, I can't see why Scott wouldn't want her assistance.

This would be the perfect direction for the book, and I don't want to have unrealistic expectations, but hope springs eternal.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Here you go
    They did xD
    LMAO. Nice.

Also, that sounded like Scott himself actually talking.
    Well, that's kind of the point of using an effective duplicate, isn't it?

If the Phoenix wanted to make a temptation, I figured it would be something more along the lines of 'Take the power and you can do anything"
    The Phoenix knows Jean, thus why it opted for the "Emotionally damaged love interest who will always take responsibility for everything, ever!" route.

Sorry, that was just too easy. I'll play nice-ish. Dark days ahead for Jott shippers and all that. Totally not kidding about that last part. Brace yourselves, ladies and gents.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yeah, Emma's inclusion makes a lot of sense. Outside of AvX where everyone was kind of insane, Emma has always been a staunch ally of Scott's. Assuming the end of IvX doesn't haunt her too badly, I can't see why Scott wouldn't want her assistance.
    Other than the fact that she took over the Hellfire Club, aka the a-holes who financed the Mega-Sentinel assault on Utopia so they could make truckloads of money selling mutant murder machines? Don't get me started on IvX. How's he supposed to know Emma wants to use the Club's resources for good? For all he knows, she's gone insane/evil.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 01-21-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Even Jean thanked then Phoenix for letting it speak with her husband again and I'm sure she was able to telepathically verify it was him.

As for the gravestones, so far writer error.
    I had a look again Jeans family actually were solid constructs too as she threw them telekinetically

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Dark days ahead for Jott shippers and all that. Totally not kidding about that last part. Brace yourselves, ladies and gents.
    It is never a good day to be a Jott shipper

Rosenberg could have begone a chain of events even back then. When the time came to bring Cyclops back it all would have fit perfect.
    It still makes no sense. How would us knowing that the Scott in PR being a fake be a spoiler for anything happening now? Scott's status when that ended was dead, Phoenix fake or not. The only reason we are even discussing this now is bc of an inconsistent headstone. Thats an artist error, not a spoiler

Other than the fact that she took over the Hellfire Club, aka the a-holes who financed the Mega-Sentinel assault on Utopia so they could make truckloads of money selling mutant murder machines? Don't get me started on IvX. How's he supposed to know Emma wants to use the Club's resources for good? For all he knows, she's gone insane/evil.
    Because he know's Emma and trusts her would be the answer. Tyke's biggest failing IMO was that he swallowed everyone's judgements of Cyke without ever really asking any critical questions. His older self doesn't tend to have that failing. Being judged as a villain at times himself, I think he would tend to give Emma the benefit of the doubt. Even if he thought she was going down a dark path I think he would seek her out, if for no other reason then because she matters to him and he would want to help her if he could.

Given that Rosenberg told me he will be writing her back in October 2018 I'm sure she'll pop up. In Dark X-Men he trusted her when no one else did.