View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 435 of 619 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Please don't bash my girl
    She has her problems, she has liked other men but she has also a long story of genuinely liking and appreciating Scott has a person regardless of their status, She is not a problem.
    Jean isn't the problem in that scenario. The writers inability to put Scott in any kind of relationship, platonic or otherwise, that doesn't involve her in someway is.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I'm a huge fan of Jean and Scott as characters and them as a couple. I would really wish for them to be as connected as many think they are but their romance has been little more than an after thought for so long.

Maybe I'm just being sensitive today sorry.

I'm a huge fan of Jean and Scott as characters and them as a couple. I would really wish for them to be as connected as many think they are but their romance has been little more than an after though for so long.

Maybe I'm just being sensitive today sorry.
    I wouldn't mind them getting back together, but it clearly isn't realistic as long as there is this editorial mandate that Scott must be wrong at all times forever. Either she gets dragged down, or something happens to one or both of them.

Yeah, sorry for derailing this again don't mind me.

Its not yer fault phoenix. In this ediotrial climate, its hard to think/remember the good times. They seem so long ago.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

How do you think Xavier and Scott interactions are going to be?
    For all his faults Xavier was the most important paternal figure on Scott's life and he really liked Scott a lot (he inherited him all)
    sadly last time they interacted it was under really dificult circunstances and not in the best terms.

How do you guys/girls think everything is going to play?
    D9ODchsXYAAqa3j.jpg

How do you think Xavier and Scott interactions are going to be?
    For all his faults Xavier was the most important paternal figure on Scott's life and he really liked Scott a lot (he inherited him all)
    sadly last time they interacted it was under really dificult circunstances and not in the best terms.

How do you guys/girls think everything is going to play?
    D9ODchsXYAAqa3j.jpg
    Depends on what direction Hickman decides to take Charles. Everything shown makes out X to be the bad guy, which bodes badly.

I do not know how it's going to be at the beginning of the story, but Xavier is going to be the villain at the end and it's going to be awkward

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Jean isn't the problem in that scenario. The writers inability to put Scott in any kind of relationship, platonic or otherwise, that doesn't involve her in someway is.

The problem is that every time Scott begins a relationship with a woman that isn't Jean, and I don't even mean a romantic one, the next writer, sometimes even the same one, ignores the relationship forever or makes the woman either begin to hate Cyclops for no apparent reason:

Colleen Wing- After Scott meets Jean again, the two of them are never seen on panel again.
    Lee Forrester- Scott meets the Jean replacement, the two never meet each other again (except briefly in a X-men/F4 crossover).
    Storm- The two become good friends under Claremont, but then she begins to despise him when Claremont begins to use Cyclops as a stand-in for Jim Shooter.
    Psylocke- She's very attracted to him...no, wait, it's Kwannon pushing her, and the two don't talk to each other anymore, even platonic, more than two panels ever since. You'd think she'd still care about him at least, but nope.
    Magik- The two become good friends under Bendis, even a replacement big brother/little sister to each other...then Lemire has Illyana hating Scott, except she was with him all the way to end and didn't really object to Scott's (really Emma) plan. Now, Rosenberg has the two of them barely knowing each other.
    Dani- They had a good relationship, both in NXM and in Utopia, were getting along fine under Rosenberg...no, she hates him now, for some reason.

Even with Emma they were fine until some writer decides to bring Jean from time to time because Scott can't be with anyone else because the writer didn't grew up with another relationship but Jott.

Meanwhile, of course, Jean can be friends with every male in the X-men, even the ones openly hitting on her.

Extremely awkward but growing back towards a good relationship.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Sorry, I don't agree.
    Jean and Scott have suffered all the same problems and probably have been deconstructed more than any other relationship on the X-men. The ship is just another victim not the problem.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-11-2019 at 06:06 PM.

Psylocke- She's very attracted to him...no, wait, it's Kwannon pushing her, and the two don't talk to each other anymore, even platonic, more than two panels ever since. You'd think she'd still care about him at least, but nope.
    Eh, it was a long time ago and they didn't know each other very well, so that one doesn't surprised me.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, it was a long time ago and they didn't know each other very well, so that one doesn't surprised me.
    If it was just this one, maybe, but look at the pattern there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I just want to see Scott enter one.relationship that isn't about Jean.
    JEAAAAAAAAAAN

Sums up that ship.

Where's that Floating Hand Productions skit?

Please don't bash my girl
    She has her problems, she has liked other men but she has also a long story of genuinely liking and appreciating Scott has a person regardless of their status, She is not a problem.
    I'm sorry if it came across that way. I'm currently at work and any posting has to be short, but it irks me when Scott is in any relationship and it is more.about Jean than when they are actually together. Which seems to be all of them, when I look back. Scott's relationship with Jean is less about Jean than his relationship with anyone else, which does wrong by everyone.
    Dark does not mean deep.