View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 475 of 619 FirstFirst ... 375425465471472473474475476477478479485525575 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 9276

"AY, YO! LOGAN! WE GOIN' ON PATROL? WHOOP WHOOP!"

"Hol' up, Skibbity Bop Slim. Where yo' SOUL at?!"

"Apologies, Liquor Smurf. Let's get to work."

Last edited by Snoop Dogg; 07-21-2019 at 02:45 PM.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member Doctor_Foxey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Logan: "..................."
    Logan: "Wow. I... Good grief. Tell you what, Slim, that familial drama of yours just ain't worth it. Red can have you for all I... What? What'd I say?"
    Everyone else minus Scott: "..................."
    Logan: "What? Oh, oooh, wait, no, no, no did I say 'Slim'? Nah, why would I say 'Slim', I didn't say 'Slim'. Clearly, what I meant to say was "Red, that familial drama of yours is too cute to interfere with. Slim can hav... wait, no, that doesn't sound right either. Obviously relationships about ownership and, huh, I'll just be going away, now."
    Scott: "Huh. Wonder what that was about."
    Scott: "What? What'd I say?"
    Lol. They are both idiots lol.

Oh hey here’s that start of that lovecraftian version of Cyclops I was working on. I also think I’m going to a draw a pic with all three of the AU Xmen antagonists I came up with (The ones Sinister recruited, their are going to be other ones Scott, Logan and the team they collect themselves will deal with.)

The three I came up with I could describe as Rambo/Terminator Kitty, Dr. Frankenstein dude Rogue and Lovecraftian Grim Cyclops Mr. Shucks. The Lovecraftian part is from the legends of spectral phantom black dog creatures that are sometimes seen with a single eye. 69A31855-7120-4D4F-93C0-7D5EB3B91B93.jpg

WIP of Scary Cyclops https://imgur.com/a/jHWrpx4
    Last edited by Doctor_Foxey; 07-21-2019 at 03:46 PM.
    check out my art if you are interested

https://doctor-rainbowfoxey.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post
    Hey guys! Long time no see! Imagine my surprise when not only i saw a picture in Twitter of Cyke and Jean getting back together? Is this another bait to sell comics Dan Slott style? or is it actually happening? And are we really getting a Summers family book? With Wolverine for some reason? What is happening to this world?
    Boris! You came back!
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    There are some parts of Scott that are due to Corsair. In the flashback seen in Champions of Scott and Alex as children you can see typical features of our Scott.

Both are his parents but Xavier had a greater influence.
    Scott's love of planes comes from Corsair, clearly. He'd probably be in the Air Force in a world without mutants or aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Everyone is back in this world except Nate and apparently some aspect of Magneto, who stayed in their world to make it better.
    Thanks, at least its finally over

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Xavier to Scott, about Corsair

Scott may have lived with Christopher long enough before the accident. But he's who he is because of his relationship with Charles. In the same way he's more of Charles' son than Legion could ever be, Xavier is Scott's father in all the ways that matter. Abusive aspects are, sadly, part of the relationship many of us have with our fathers.
    Corsair: "And yet somehow, I'll still get blamed for everything that went 'wrong' with the kid, aren't I?"
    Xavier: "..................."
    Xavier: "Yup."

Am I the onlyone wanting to see Scott first girlfriend when he was in space with his dad?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post
    Am I the onlyone wanting to see Scott first girlfriend when he was in space with his dad?
    Nah, if we're going to the 'awkward reunion with an ex LI' route, might as well invite Magneto and Polaris.

Huh, now I want to see Corsair and Magneto becoming drinking buddies and complaining about their respective packs being total jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I do not know if I need a better english but I do not understand the last paragraph
    I thought he meant that, like Batman believing that he can win the war on crime, Scott believes that the ideal can be truly achieved. When I think about it, that doesn't fully work though.

Not so much trying to pit them against each other, like people do to Scott and Jean, but pointing out that both fucked up big time on their relationship. At least on mine, Fluffy and Omega's end. Other posters, however, act like Scott kissing Jean in front of Emma is more egregious than all the OOC stuff RosenEmma did.
    Pretty much this. Emma is being sacrificed, but they were pushing that back when Scott was still 'Mutant Hitler', so pushing Emma that way isn't being done to save Cyclops. It's just that they did such a poor job and went counter to what was the last version seen on panel that no one (even many people who hated the character) was willing to accept it. Emma, by 'virtue' of having been introduced as a villain initially, had a higher threshold of crap writing that the average reader was willing to accept as part of her push back towards the dark side. It certainly isn't fair, as the worst I can imagine her becoming is something along the lines of 90's Magneto - the antagonist with similar goals, but much more extreme methods.

Basically, I take exception to the notion that the OOC character assassination should be forgiven for one character, but taken as gospel for another - especially when the same writers are doing in both characters.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Scott may have lived with Christopher long enough before the accident. But he's who he is because of his relationship with Charles. In the same way he's more of Charles' son than Legion could ever be, Xavier is Scott's father in all the ways that matter. Abusive aspects are, sadly, part of the relationship many of us have with our fathers.
    I always have in the back of my mind a fanfic where Corsair is more if a jackass (more like the vengeance seeker he claims he was right after Katherine's death), culminating in him calling out Scott for not wanting the same level of vengeance with "Are you just going to turn your back on your father?" to be answered with Scott's back and the final words "My father's name is Charles Xavier."

It could work in an alternate universe - the one in mainline continuity has already realized he messed up and taken steps to do better.
    Dark does not mean deep.

In my opinion the opposite. Corsair is Cyclop’s Daddy and Xavier is his father or more like mentor/sensei. Scott was separated from Corsair at a age that he would have a lot of memories of him but only the view of your parent that a young kid has (a idealistic unrealistic one) by the time Xavier finds Scott he has literally gone through hell. Scott is a teenager by then he able to understand things much more complexly. Because of this he’s able to see Xavier’s flaws but also comprehend what he owes Xavier for his help and to be grateful for it. If Xavier was less like he is I could see it being complicated like with Zeff and Sanji (One Piece or like it is for Quill.) I would have liked Xavier to have been better at being parental but he is just way too cold and aloof.

If Corsair was more horrible/abusive then I could see it but he seems too have been more than fine. I think you can really see the influence of his mom and dad in the ways Cyke is different than Xavier. Also considering the Scott that Xavier takes in is one that has been mistreated by Sinister and Jack Diamond. This is a Scott that is primed to detect manipulation/deception and aggression. Xavier’s bad tendencies are too similar to those of Sinister and Jack. In the comics they are present early on. Every-time Cyke encountered those aspects the less likely he would be to perceive Xavier in a parental manner because compared to his idealized memory of Corsair he wouldn’t measure up.

Now I see how one could become see Xavier as parental to Scott because, Xavier is parental to Cyclops as in the sense that Cyclops inherits his dream, is trained and this aspect of Scott Summers is nurtured/encouraged by Xavier. However it has been shown time and again that Xavier was primarily concerned by this aspect of Scott to the exclusion of the rest. So that’s why I think when it comes down to it Corsair is Scott Summers Daddy because he was present during that critical period and you can see that in all aspects of the character, especially in the traits that are not seen as much in Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Pretty much this. Emma is being sacrificed, but they were pushing that back when Scott was still 'Mutant Hitler', so pushing Emma that way isn't being done to save Cyclops. It's just that they did such a poor job and went counter to what was the last version seen on panel that no one (even many people who hated the character) was willing to accept it. Emma, by 'virtue' of having been introduced as a villain initially, had a higher threshold of crap writing that the average reader was willing to accept as part of her push back towards the dark side. It certainly isn't fair, as the worst I can imagine her becoming is something along the lines of 90's Magneto - the antagonist with similar goals, but much more extreme methods.

Basically, I take exception to the notion that the OOC character assassination should be forgiven for one character, but taken as gospel for another - especially when the same writers are doing in both characters.
    I agree with this. Bad character writing is bad no matter the character.

BANNED

I'm thinking Hickman wants full creative control over Cyke. That's why he's only in his books unlike others.

I think Scott is going 100% "I've had it up to here with you, Misters!" and is forcing some family time. He's gonna make them a happy family or die trying.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.