View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 405 of 619 FirstFirst ... 305355395401402403404405406407408409415455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 9276

I like that Scott is a derp who is never aware of when he attracts someone. All the times he has realized it has been because the other has taken the first step or telepaths, even with Maria Hill.

Anyway, Maria Hill with Cyclops would have been a cool dynamic.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I like that Scott is a derp who is never aware of when he attracts someone. All the times he has realized it has been because the other has taken the first step or telepaths, even with Maria Hill.

As far as we know, the Bendis run never happened.

The true question to ask however with the current run, is who Scott deems as a priority to rescue: Emma or Logan?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    As far as we know, the Bendis run never happened.

The true question to ask however with the current run, is who Scott deems as a priority to rescue: Emma or Logan?
    Cyke: "Mmmm. Creepy psycho-ex or would-be creepy psycho-ex?"

BANNED

:Why did Cyclops need redemption?

:Give me a day.I'll make a list.

One day later.

:Where is the list?
    :I just need some time.Give me a week.

Two weeks later:
    :......
    :I just need 12months.That's all.

Mighty Member

Literally the first thing Xavier ordered Scott to do was to kill Jack Winters, his adoptive father, in self-defense.
    In 616, Winters wasn't Scott's adoptive father. They only interacted for a few hours.

Winters telepathically lured Scott to his shack in the woods, and then the two were off to knock over the power plant where Winters used to work. Then, Xavier showed up.

I'm not sure when the "adoptive father" bit came into it. Joe Casey's X-Men: Children of the Atom mini-series from 1999-2000, maybe? But, that was an AU.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    :Why did Cyclops need redemption?

:Give me a day.I'll make a list.

One day later.

:Where is the list?
    :I just need some time.Give me a week.

Two weeks later:
    :......
    :I just need 12months.That's all.
    Yes, it has been annoying that it has been so ambiguous for so long. In the Annual, nothing concrete was mentioned, only a vague explanation of "I only worried about protecting the mutants and not everyone" (which is terribly insensitive considering the current climate, is like answering a "Black lives matter" with "All lives matter").

After that, we only have vague references to "Scott did it wrong" and "This is all your fault" even when none of his actions is related to the vaccine or Age of X-man.

I think they are using the technique of repeating it over and over again until we get tired and accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Cyke: "Mmmm. Creepy psycho-ex or would-be creepy psycho-ex?"
    Knowing Scott, he goes for the third option, Elixir and Marrow.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Yes, it has been annoying that it has been so ambiguous for so long. In the Annual, nothing concrete was mentioned, only a vague explanation of "I only worried about protecting the mutants and not everyone" (which is terribly insensitive considering the current climate, is like answering a "Black lives matter" with "All lives matter").

After that, we only have vague references to "Scott did it wrong" and "This is all your fault" even when none of his actions is related to the vaccine or Age of X-man.

I think they are using the technique of repeating it over and over again until we get tired and accept it.
    It's buffering.They're using 2G to load the list.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Sounds to me like what's being discussed is something new that hasn't been portrayed before, or at least portrayed in the way you're suggesting. I can't see why there be a need to protect future story lines if this is just an opinion about a 5, 10 or 15 year old story.

If that's the case, and I admit that I'm speculating, that seems to suggest that something more, something worse about Cyke's history is yet to be revealed that he will then require redemption for. You can probably imagine how that sort of approach will go over. Again, if that's the case, it's easy to see how Cyke fans could justifiably be at wits end over this seemingly endless vilification of him. In my opinion, Scott's at his best when he's his own hardest judge, not the rest of the team. The cynical among us may suspect that this is in fact being done to justify (or further justify depending on your opinion) the narrative that Marvel creators have spun about him for the better part of a decade.

I sincerely hope this isn't the case and that your concern is about showing your hand on what exactly in Cyke's history this redemption will focus on.

On the plus side, at least we know he's getting some attention in upcoming stories. That's something anyway.

The more I read about it, the more I'm convinced there's something else going on here- I mean, Marvel wanted Iron Man to be right in Civil War, but once they realized most people thought it was Cap who was right, they quickly abandoned the idea; Marvel wanted Emma as a villain post IvX with the stupid helmet, then with the backlash of this and that Secret Empire story in Blue, they abandoned the idea and JDW even made a joke about it recently, etc.

They could have simply admitted the X-men were right or, at the very least, forget AvX, Schism, etc, ever happened. But the fact they've double down on the narrative with the Terrigen at first being all Cyclops' fault (and then Emma, and not some villain) and even now in 2019 are still insisting on this "Cyclops needs redemption" stuff indicates to me that somebody's ego got very hurt when almost everyone sided with the X-men and Cyclops' specially in AvX and made The Avengers right after the movie, plus Spider-man and Wolverine, look like assholes, and now they can't let this narrative go until most people buy it or whoever is responsible leaves the company.

A bruised ego by some editor or boss might seem a reach, but remember: the alternative is Marvel simply can't let go of 7-8 years old stories and insist on a version that displeased the fans and is blatantly false, even though they're literally not doing it anywhere else and never did.

Nah, they are too similar.

It seems as if JDW's comment emphasized the need to preserve future stories, so the more likely answer is that they want to tell another redemption story and don't "care" too much about older stories in order for it to work.

As for how I feel with the situation, I'm not too pleased. I've liked Scott before Morrison, and I liked him afterward. Trying to label his most recent characterization as evil feels like an odd choice and feels similar to labeling 90's Scott as boring.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Knowing Scott, he goes for the third option, Elixir and Marrow.
    Cyke: "Ah, screw it. How about we just go hang out at the park or whatever? Ice cream's on me."
    Entire team: *Raises hand in approval*

Mighty Member

It seems as if JDW's comment emphasized the need to preserve future stories, so the more likely answer is that they want to tell another redemption story and don't "care" too much about older stories in order for it to work.
    On the contrary. JDW's remark has to do with something Scott did before "Schism". My guess is he's referring to the formation of kill-squad X-Force. Jean's already forgiven Scott for the affair with Emma so that's out.

OTOH, who knows, maybe White is one of those who's still pissed about Scott walking out on Madelyne back in 1986.

As for how I feel with the situation, I'm not too pleased. I've liked Scott before Morrison, and I liked him afterward. Trying to label his most recent characterization as evil feels like an odd choice and feels similar to labeling 90's Scott as boring.
    But a story of redemption can not exist in a vacuum. Even if the reason was "Include minors in X-Force was wrong", right now in their X-Men is Hope killing people.

But a story of redemption can not exist in a vacuum. Even if the reason was "Include minors in X-Force was wrong", right now in their X-Men is Hope killing people.
    X-Office: "It's different. It's complicated."

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    X-Office: "It's different. It's complicated."
    "She's a teenager who is killing people with headshots but it's different from X-23 because reasons."