View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 246 of 619 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250256296346 ... LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,690 of 9276
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    He didn't use his blast, so we don't really know much, and this is right after losing his eye, and he is still leading the team, and beating the crap out of an assassin, if he doesn't use his blast as much but he uses martial arts I won't complain, too many writers forget he is a very skillful martial artist, and Rosenberg seems to be loving Cyke's explosions too much to leave him without them

The thing that I didn't understand is that, reading UXM 17's solicit Logan should be back at least by the end of UXM 16 (and someone should be dead), but the tie in is released one week after it and in the interview they said that Logan is missing and didn't mentioned any dead, it seems to me that they kinda screwed up the prder
    I was thinking something like that too.Maybe logan will be missing in "real uncanny" too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Spoilers for Dark Phoenix movie. 10 minute clip shown at Wondercon. Somewhere in the middle of the movie.

spoilers:
    Beginning inside Cerebro at the X-Mansion, Professor X says, "It's time," and tells what appears to be the remaining X-Men team members that Magneto has found Jean and means to kill her. So he asks Nightcrawler to teleport him and Cyclops to Jean's location and then tells him to teleport back. Storm is there and wants to join them on their mission to save Jean, but Professor X won't allow that, for he's already lost too many people that he loves. But given what they're going up against, Cyclops tells Storm that he needs her there. Storm agrees, so she says she's going - end of discussion. Using his powers, Professor X shows Nightcrawler where to go by showing him a picture in his mind. They all teleport to Jean/Phoenix's location. Given that she's in New York City, they presumably teleport into Central Park, next to the X-Jet (aka the Blackbird).

Cut to Magneto and Beast (who's apparently on Magento's side at this point in the film, seeing as he wants revenge for Mystique/Raven's death. Beast actor Nicholas Hoult also mentioned during the Dark Phoenix panel that Beast/Hank McCoy is separated from Professor X in this film.) - along with two new mutants to the X-Men franchise, Selene (Kota Eberhardt) and Red Lotus (Andrew Stehlin) - walking out of the park, at which point Professor X and his group shows up behind them.

Professor X: "Hello, old friend."

Magneto: "Save the old friend sh*t, Charles. And stay out of my way."

Professor X: "I'm sorry, for what she did. But I can't let you go in there."

Magneto: "You're always sorry, Charles. And there's always a speech. But nobody cares anymore."

Professor X is afraid that if they fight each other, especially out in the open, the humans would see them as monsters, and they would lose any faith they had with the people and the government. (Earlier in Dark Phoenix, the X-Men were considered heroes to the world, and the United States president frequently calls upon them to aide in certain matters.) Magneto scoffs at Professor X's remarks, at which point Cyclops drops the movie's only F-bomb (that is, of course, if Dark Phoenix remains a PG-13 movie). Cyclops tells Magneto, "If you touch her, I will f***ing kill you." After that, Professor X tries to talk sense into Beast, but Beast wants to see Phoenix dead just as much as Magneto. That's when a fight ensues.
    Splintering off, Cyclops goes after Beast and Magneto, but he doesn't try to actually harm Beast using his blasts. Magneto, on the other hand, Cyclops appears to be okay with killing. Meanwhile, Storm and Red Lotus fight each other using their powers as much as possible, with Professor X trying to prevent Selene from killing Nightcrawler. Given that Selene is also a telepath, she uses her powers to force Nightcrawler to teleport near her so that she can stab him. In order to put an end to all this, Magneto kneels down and pulls a subway car out of the ground.

Magneto then walks inside the building and uses the subway car to block the entrance. (Director Simon Kinberg mentioned afterward that the subway car is a practical effect, and they really did have it stop just a foot or two behind Michael Fassbender on set. That scene is real, surprisingly.) Jean/Phoenix is waiting for Magneto in the building's lobby, standing alongside Jessica Chastain's new X-Men supervillain. Looking at Phoenix, Magneto says, "I know whose blood that was." Phoenix responds, "You cast me out, now you've come here to kill me?" "That's right," Magneto answers.

Stripping a metal railing, Magneto tries to kill Phoenix, but she's too strong for him and she stops the railing from penetrating her eye. "And you couldn't even do that," Phoenix retorts, adding, "Let me show you how." She then uses her power to crush Magneto's helmet.
    end of spoilers

I really really hope they keep that Scott scene in the movie.
    Thanks for this. I don't care much about the spoiler. But can I ask you where you got this?

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Thanks for this. I don't care much about the spoiler. But can I ask you where you got this?
    https://screenrant.com/xmen-dark-pho...e-description/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Spoilers for Dark Phoenix movie. 10 minute clip shown at Wondercon. Somewhere in the middle of the movie.

spoilers:
    Beginning inside Cerebro at the X-Mansion, Professor X says, "It's time," and tells what appears to be the remaining X-Men team members that Magneto has found Jean and means to kill her. So he asks Nightcrawler to teleport him and Cyclops to Jean's location and then tells him to teleport back. Storm is there and wants to join them on their mission to save Jean, but Professor X won't allow that, for he's already lost too many people that he loves. But given what they're going up against, Cyclops tells Storm that he needs her there. Storm agrees, so she says she's going - end of discussion. Using his powers, Professor X shows Nightcrawler where to go by showing him a picture in his mind. They all teleport to Jean/Phoenix's location. Given that she's in New York City, they presumably teleport into Central Park, next to the X-Jet (aka the Blackbird).

Cut to Magneto and Beast (who's apparently on Magento's side at this point in the film, seeing as he wants revenge for Mystique/Raven's death. Beast actor Nicholas Hoult also mentioned during the Dark Phoenix panel that Beast/Hank McCoy is separated from Professor X in this film.) - along with two new mutants to the X-Men franchise, Selene (Kota Eberhardt) and Red Lotus (Andrew Stehlin) - walking out of the park, at which point Professor X and his group shows up behind them.

Professor X: "Hello, old friend."

Magneto: "Save the old friend sh*t, Charles. And stay out of my way."

Professor X: "I'm sorry, for what she did. But I can't let you go in there."

Magneto: "You're always sorry, Charles. And there's always a speech. But nobody cares anymore."

Professor X is afraid that if they fight each other, especially out in the open, the humans would see them as monsters, and they would lose any faith they had with the people and the government. (Earlier in Dark Phoenix, the X-Men were considered heroes to the world, and the United States president frequently calls upon them to aide in certain matters.) Magneto scoffs at Professor X's remarks, at which point Cyclops drops the movie's only F-bomb (that is, of course, if Dark Phoenix remains a PG-13 movie). Cyclops tells Magneto, "If you touch her, I will f***ing kill you." After that, Professor X tries to talk sense into Beast, but Beast wants to see Phoenix dead just as much as Magneto. That's when a fight ensues.
    Splintering off, Cyclops goes after Beast and Magneto, but he doesn't try to actually harm Beast using his blasts. Magneto, on the other hand, Cyclops appears to be okay with killing. Meanwhile, Storm and Red Lotus fight each other using their powers as much as possible, with Professor X trying to prevent Selene from killing Nightcrawler. Given that Selene is also a telepath, she uses her powers to force Nightcrawler to teleport near her so that she can stab him. In order to put an end to all this, Magneto kneels down and pulls a subway car out of the ground.

Magneto then walks inside the building and uses the subway car to block the entrance. (Director Simon Kinberg mentioned afterward that the subway car is a practical effect, and they really did have it stop just a foot or two behind Michael Fassbender on set. That scene is real, surprisingly.) Jean/Phoenix is waiting for Magneto in the building's lobby, standing alongside Jessica Chastain's new X-Men supervillain. Looking at Phoenix, Magneto says, "I know whose blood that was." Phoenix responds, "You cast me out, now you've come here to kill me?" "That's right," Magneto answers.

Stripping a metal railing, Magneto tries to kill Phoenix, but she's too strong for him and she stops the railing from penetrating her eye. "And you couldn't even do that," Phoenix retorts, adding, "Let me show you how." She then uses her power to crush Magneto's helmet.
    end of spoilers

I really really hope they keep that Scott scene in the movie.
    Jeremy conrad described Cyke as whiny bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I was thinking something like that too.Maybe logan will be missing in "real uncanny" too.
    Going just by the cover it would make sense that that happens during UXM 16 (which gives us 2 possible light spoilers, Scott, as the cover shows, will be shot in UXM 15, and UXM 16 could either be dedicated to Logan, or part of it, and I kinda hope it's one of those, for the WotR tie-in to make sense timewise, I wonder how Scott's appearance in Champions will fit, and if they will fix the cover or at least appear correctly with the bandages in the issue, the cover doesn't show him with it)

Not being able to use your powers but going to fight with fists against dark elves with swords is badass. No problems about it.

About the Cap/Not Cap touching Cyke’s shoulder, I didn’t think too much about what it might imply, just lmao at Cyke’s offended reaction, until I read the posts below. I thought Emma would’ve cupped Cyke’s face rather than just touched his shoulder, then the imagination of Cap cupping Cyke’s face occurred to me, I laughed so hard that my stomach is still aching.

Recently I only have time for biweekly Uncanny, how are the AoXM issues and X-Force doing? I’m considering about catching them up later...
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Cyyyke View Post
    About the Cap/Not Cap touching Cyke’s shoulder, I didn’t think too much about what it might imply, just lmao at Cyke’s offended reaction, until I read the posts below. I thought Emma would’ve cupped Cyke’s face rather than just touched his shoulder, then the imagination of Cap cupping Cyke’s face occurred to me, I laughed so hard that my stomach is still aching.

Recently I only have time for biweekly Uncanny, how are the AoXM issues and X-Force doing? I’m considering about catching them up later...
    For me x-force has been rather forgettable so far. I regret subscribing to it. Age of x-man has been really good and thought provoking. It focuses on a variety of characters we dont see enough of all while achieving admirable world building. But with the news of Hickman coming on board and with the likelihood of a hard reset coming up, I worry that AoXM will ultimately not be as impactful as it could have otherwise been. Hell it might even wind up being more or less meaningless. So I’d wait and see before picking it up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    For me x-force has been rather forgettable so far. I regret subscribing to it. Age of x-man has been really good and thought provoking. It focuses on a variety of characters we dont see enough of all while achieving admirable world building. But with the news of Hickman coming on board and with the likelihood of a hard reset coming up, I worry that AoXM will ultimately not be as impactful as it could have otherwise been. Hell it might even wind up being more or less meaningless. So I’d wait and see before picking it up.
    I feel like Scott's sudden return is highly influenced by Hickman. AoXM can very much put the pieces where Hickman wants them to be.

BANNED

WTF is this??? Is this some original content?

If Cap had done that Logan would have gone mad. To be able to see that I would pay 10 dollars for a book.

On AoXM, for me is not something I would bother reading at all even for free. Too much about sex and love blablabla. But others might find it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    If Cap had done that Logan would have gone mad. To be able to see that I would pay 10 dollars for a book.

On AoXM, for me is not something I would bother reading at all even for free. Too much about sex and love blablabla. But others might find it interesting.
    Yeah, AoXM doesn't do enough to interest me in the characters, and that's pretty much the biggest draw. After all, I'll be surprised if the story doesn't end the way these stories always do - with the big bad defeated by the very thing they saw as a weakness. How it happens could be interesting, but they failed to pull me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, AoXM doesn't do enough to interest me in the characters, and that's pretty much the biggest draw. After all, I'll be surprised if the story doesn't end the way these stories always do - with the big bad defeated by the very thing they saw as a weakness. How it happens could be interesting, but they failed to pull me in.
    Is not fun knowing the end of it.

BANNED

X-Force has been pretty average, but last issue was great. AoXM, while good, feels like filler. The world-building is nice and the books have interesting themes. Its biggest problem is that it'll end up being a mostly character-driven story, since it happens in an AU and the consequences will mostly be either relationships and individual changes in most characters, AKA the stuff writers ignore more easily than changes to the actual landscape. But I'm waiting on the conclusion of the whole thing to see how far they'll go.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Same here, but I'm wondering if the consequences will affect Scott and his team in anyway. Well, aside from possible blame of course.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia