View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 104 of 619 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    It is pretty amazing that instead of a simple "I wasn't wrong then, but circumstances are different now and we won't be doing things the same way," Marvel just leans all the way into their stupid narrative that holds no weight for anyone who actually read the stories and wasn't a blind hater from the start, lol.
    Marvel would never acknowledge what they did wrong regarding their narrative, at least not under current editorial, i made peace with that long time ago. I can't blame people that don't feel the same, but honestly Marvel general narrative lost me in the last 10 years or so for a variety of reason, most of then unrelated to the X-Men, so i came to the point when i stoped caring about it, the editorial vision of the last decade never has been of my liking (in spite of some quality work here and there), so i'm mostly just waiting for my favorites (Spider-Man, Wolverine, DD, Hulk and some other) to be treated decently and have a good run that i can enjoy in spite of previous fuck ups, i'm mostly have that now (still wating for that Cate's Wolverine series thought). Still you people have my sympathies, i know what it feels when your favorite character is giving the crappy treatment.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Marvel would never acknowledge what they did wrong regarding their narrative, at least not under current editorial, i made peace with that long time ago. I can't blame people that don't feel the same, but honestly Marvel general narrative lost me in the last 10 years or so for a variety of reason, most of then unrelated to the X-Men, so i came to the point when i stoped caring about it, the editorial vision of the last decade never has been of my liking (in spite of some quality work here and there), so i'm mostly just waiting for my favorites (Spider-Man, Wolverine, DD, Hulk and some other) to be treated decently and have a good run that i can enjoy in spite of previous fuck ups, i'm mostly have that now (still wating for that Cate's Wolverine series thought). Still you people have my sympathies, i know what it feels when your favorite character is giving the crappy treatment.
    Yeah it's a very weird thing. I'm happy Scott is back but I could have done without the jabs at Emma and the past few years I spent supporting Cyclops. As a fan of Emma, it's really upsetting and it seems like it might be setup to justify hate towards Scott as a result. At this point though, I wouldn't blame them.

I'm still looking forward to what Rosenberg is doing. Hopefully that comes out well.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah it's a very weird thing. I'm happy Scott is back but I could have done without the jabs at Emma and the past few years I spent supporting Cyclops. As a fan of Emma, it's really upsetting and it seems like it might be setup to justify hate towards Scott as a result. At this point though, I wouldn't blame them.

I'm still looking forward to what Rosenberg is doing. Hopefully that comes out well.
    I'm mostly enjoyed the story of Scott's return, i don't believe that he is Tyke 2.0, but time would tell. As for Emma, i feel bad for her fans, i never really was into the post-Morrison version (Generation X Emma was more appealing to me), but is a sad thing for her after all these years, but hey it could have been worse, at least they didn't reference that time that she tried to brainwash and possibly rape Tyke.

As for Rosenberg, well, as i said berfore, hope for the best, be ready for the worst.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I'm mostly enjoyed the story of Scott's return, i don't believe that he is Tyke 2.0, but time would tell. As for Emma, i feel bad for her fans, i never really was into the post-Morrison version (Generation X Emma was more appealing to me), but is a sad thing for her after all these years, but hey it could have been worse, at least they didn't reference that time that she tried to brainwash and possibly rape Tyke.

As for Rosenberg, well, as i said berfore, hope for the best, be ready for the worst.
    Yeah, good motto to follow with comic books. They're quite fickle so it's hard to tell what you're gonna get. Also, I think it's best that Blue is just ignored or at least address the fact that Emma was clearly in need of help then.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    There really isn't a "debate" anymore. Marvel editorial took Rightclops behind the shed and put both barrels through his face.
    Aren't you describing AvX? This isn't a new phenomenon. We may believe that Scott was right, or mostly right, but editorial disagrees. We're not going to win that fight. In fact, I suspect that if the Rightclops movement didn't form, Marvel would have stopped talking about what a monster Scott is a long time ago. It like they're trying to convince us. What you're bothered by isn't new, and it certainly didn't start with this Annual. So the status quo of Scott being judged to be wrong remains. The status quo of his death doesn't. I'll accept that compromise, mostly because I have little choice in the matter.

Then dumped the giblets all over Emma's character, blamed her, and walked away.
    Ditto for Emma. Given all she's been subjected to, these few comments about Emma were pretty light. She was playing mind games with the X-men, literally so that statement stands on it's own. The idea she left Scott un-buried sits a lot less right with me, but to be fair it's possible. Emma was a mess post-DoX. I wouldn't bet money that's how it played out but we don't know for sure how it actually happened. Also, there's no timing indicated as to when Kid Cable jumped to when he made that statement. It could have literally been during the funeral itself, in which case Emma likely buried the body later.

Ok, I'm entering the realm of Marvel apologist now. It's was a shitty, verily undefendable development that didn't need to be included in the story. The only defense I can offer is that it's less damaging than IvX or the Blue secret empire tie in issues.

As you're aware, I'm a Jott shipper and I'd love to see the couple back together someday. Marvel, despite recent news, may be planning this down the line, or perhaps they want to reinforce that Emma's a villain again. What I don't want to see is Scott and Emma's relationship (and Emma directly) disparaged unfairly to reinforce that outcome. We've already seen it in PR last year. I'm not in favor of this at all.

Who needs original story telling? Just reset everything to 1991. The team is back. Magneto is cartoonishly evil with his Brotherhood on Asteroid M, Emma is cartoonishly evil with the Hellfire Club. I would say it takes balls to spit in the face of literally every paying customer for the last 27 years, but what do I know?
    This is beyond the scope of any discussion strictly about Scott. I know more than a few people who would cheer if it played out that way. There's no singular opinion on this. I can't even say myself if I would prefer a full rollback to the themes of a much better era of comics, or if I'd prefer Marvel to continue to blunder forward with whatever they were doing the last few years. Some fusion of both may be okay though. Really can it get much worse?

We only have one issue to work with here. I said before the annual that I want Scott to integrate all his previous characterizations and keep growing. If it's a full reversion, I'm not in favor of that. To much has happened to him to fully role back anyway. I think it's too early to tell, and I think it's a matter of execution as much, if not more than intent on the part of the creators.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    90% of the thread would be him and FUBAR yelling past each other, lol.
    Nah, I'm retired.

He'd have to make do arguing with lancer.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Nah, I'm retired.

If you don't mind me asking, why the retirement? I look forward to reading your thoughts.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Nah, I'm retired.

Can't see it happening since lancer doesn't like Cyclops since Morrison and hardly would feel like the annual changed anything.

Someone else would have to yell back at CC.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, why the retirement? I look forward to reading your thoughts.
    I'm only retired from the RightClops vs. BoyScott debate.

As for why, I got tired of repeating myself. The people articulate enough to be worth arguing with--Ulfhammer, Hizashi, and a few others--already know my views, and I know theirs. My views haven't changed significantly, and I don't have anything new to add. As far as I'm concerned, the subject is talked out. Interested parties can go back and dig through the pre-2018 Cyclops thread if they want to read my in-depth opinion on the matter.
    Last edited by FUBAR007; 01-24-2019 at 05:26 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Can't see it happening since lancer doesn't like Cyclops since Morrison and hardly would feel like the annual changed anything.

Someone else would have to yell back at CC.
    He havs to come back for that.

At last he's back.

Overdue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Oh,i don't know.Putting that guy & his family to a horror show to prove a point.
    It's called controlling outcome. The guy would have found them on his own in due time. This way Wifi can control the when and where.

I'm only retired from the RightClops vs. BoyScott debate.

As for why, I got tired of repeating myself. The people articulate enough to be worth arguing with--Ulfhammer, Hizashi, and a few others--already know my views, and I know theirs. My views haven't changed significantly, and I don't have anything new to add. As far as I'm concerned, the subject is talked out. Interested parties can go back and dig through the pre-2018 Cyclops thread if they want to read my in-depth opinion on the matter.
    Well that makes sense. I guess as a late arrival the best I have are the old threads. Either way, thanks for the response.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    It's called controlling outcome. The guy would have found them on his own in due time. This way Wifi can control the when and where.
    Or cable could've made sure Paul & his family never have to go through the nightmare

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Why there are people bashing Rosenberg?
    Brisson wrote this and it was good.