View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 105 of 619 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155205605 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why there are people bashing Rosenberg?
    Brisson wrote this and it was good.
    Rosenberg defended it with some really bad excuses that ignore canon and context.

And while I respect your opinion, deleting everything post-Morrison isn't just a slap in the face to Cyclops fans, it's a slap to every customer who bought issues over that time. Marvel basically just told us that cheering for anyone during that time was a waste.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Rosenberg defended it with some really bad excuses that ignore canon and context.

And while I respect your opinion, deleting everything post-Morrison isn't just a slap in the face to Cyclops fans, it's a slap to every customer who bought issues over that time. Marvel basically just told us that cheering for anyone during that time was a waste.
    Ok, thanks
    I understand, i disliked some of the changes Cyclops went through but some people loved them. At the end of the day comics are cyclical and big developments eventually are ignored, it sucks sometimes but that's how it is.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Why there are people bashing Rosenberg?
    Brisson wrote this and it was good.
    Basically this.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4157725

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    So,did Wifi surgically remove the pacemaker within Scott?Or he just left it inside his body?That thing can come back to bite him.
    In fractious times, Cyclops torture is the ultimate unifier.

Boom-Boom: "So, I've been thinking about that Phoenixy pacemaker of yours."
    Cyclops: "What about it?"
    Boom-Boom: "No, you're not... Cyke, we talked about the whole Riggs/Murtaugh thing. If I'm about to say slash suggest something outrageous, you're supposed to start freaking out or whining about being too old."
    Cyclops: "What's outrageous about my pacemaker?"
    Boom-Boom: "Of the phoenixy variety."
    Cyclops: "Yeah, I'm not saying that out loud, ever."
    Boom-Boom: "Worth a try. Seriously, though. You're totally not getting that your actual heart is pretty much the Phoenix' property and that the only way to separate you two would be to pretty much break it? Your heart, I mean. Well, the Phoenix too, I guess? Doesn't matter. The point is, shipping wars over, right? Phoenix wins, ladies and gents. Well, Phoenix loses, I suppose. No offense, but your dating track record is pure suck. Now would be a good time to act slightly hurt or something, just an FYI."
    Cyclops: "What's a shipping war?"
    Boom-Boom: "'Shipping as in relationships. You know, shipping wars. "
    Cyclops: "....................."
    Boom-Boom: "How do you not know this stuff? Gawd, you're killing me, here, Cyke. The stiff, clueless, endearingly trollable sidekick template has serious potential and I'm totally not giving up, but, I don't know, maybe I set the bar too high? We should start with something easier. How about you being the Anna to my Elsa?"
    Boom-Boom: "Well?"
    Cyclops: "I get the reference. I'm just trying to figure out how that particular analogy could apply to us in any way."
    Boom-Boom: "It doesn't. Just wanted to put it out there that you'd make a fabulous Disney princess."
    Boom-Boom: "Seriously? Nothing?"
    Cyclops: "Merely assuming you meant that as a compliment and powering through it, really. Mmm."
    Boom-Boom: "What? Am I actually getting through to you? Like, at all?"
    Cyclops: "No, it's not that. Wouldn't Anna Marie and Kitty work better?"
    Boom-Boom: "What?"
    Cyclops: "The Frozen analogy. Anna Marie as Elsa and Kitty as Anna. Right?"
    Boom-Boom: "....................."
    Cyclops: "Guess that's just me. Never mind, then."
    Boom-Boom: "Oh my god that's the meanest thing anyone has ever said about anyone ever. Kitty is going to freak out."
    Cyclops: "What?"
    Boom-Boom: "Cyke, how did you actually not get that folks aggressively don't give a crap about Anna?"
    Cyclops: "I thought she was..."
    Boom-Boom: " Frozen casting Part 1, peeps. Scott says Anna Marie for Elsa. OMG, right? Yay or nay?"
    Cyclops: " I really don't think folks care that much ab..."
    Boom-Boom: "Yay, yay, Roguey nerd squealing, yay, yay, your crazy ex claiming you never said anything that nice to her and you're an ungrateful jerk and she hates you for not calling, yay, yay, Logan warning Remy that you're making a move on his girl, okay that's just too funny, yay, yay..."
    Cyclops: "Wait, what?"
    Boom-Boom: "Oh, don't worry, Remy is all 'say whaaaat?' Yay, yay, your other crazy ex going on about her all new, all different relationship. OMG, we know, freak the efff out over Roguey being the awesomest Elsa ever of GTFO, gawd. Yay, yay, no, it's me, Cyclops doesn't tweet, yay, yay, nay, oh, come on, Hank, you're just being petty on principle, yay, yay aaannnddd... truckloads of more yays, basically. Alright Scott, I think we can safely establish you were totally right."
    Cyclops: "Oh no..."
    Boom-Boom: "Frozen casting Part 2. Scott says Kitty for Anna. Too true, right? Yay or nay? Yay, yay, death threats from Kitty, yay, yay, Peter laughing his ass off, yay, yay, the other Peter laughing his ass off, yay, yay, wait, there's another Peter? Whatevs. Yay, yay, your crazy ex laughing her ass off and totally forgiving you for not calling, yay, yay, more death threats from Kitty, yay, yay, your other crazy ex not shutting up about her all new, all different relationship. OMG, Lucas, please take her phone away, Gawd. What do you mean she won't let you? Yay, yay, nay, seriously, Hank, didn't we have this conversation like 2 minutes ago, yay, yay, Cyclops was right, yay, yay, hashtag StopItCyclopsWasWrong, yay, yay, Five billion dollars bounty on your head, more yays and holy crap, fastest hundred millions followers ever. Niiiice. Oooooh, this is going to be fuuun."

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post

Boom-Boom: "No, you're not... Cyke, we talked about the whole Riggs/Murtaugh thing. If I'm about to say slash suggest something outrageous, you're supposed to start freaking out or whining about being too old."
    Boom-Boom: "Worth a try. Seriously, though. You're totally not getting that your actual heart is pretty much the Phoenix' property and that the only way to separate you two would be to pretty much break it? Your heart, I mean. Well, the Phoenix too, I guess? Doesn't matter. The point is, shipping wars over, right? Phoenix wins, ladies and gents. Well, Phoenix loses, I suppose. No offense, but your dating track record is pure suck. Now would be a good time to act slightly hurt or something, just an FYI."
    Boom-Boom: "How do you not know this stuff? Gawd, you're killing me, here, Cyke. The stiff, clueless, endearingly trollable sidekick template has serious potential and I'm totally not giving up, but, I don't know, maybe I set the bar too high? We should start with something easier. How about you being the Anna to my Elsa?"
    Cyclops: "I get the reference. I'm just trying to figure out how that particular analogy could apply to us in any way."
    Boom-Boom: "It doesn't. Just wanted to put it out there that you'd make a fabulous Disney princess."
    Cyclops: "Merely assuming you meant that as a compliment and powering through it, really. Mmm."
    Boom-Boom: "Oh my god that's the meanest thing anyone has ever said about anyone ever. Kitty is going to freak out."
    Boom-Boom: "Cyke, how did you actually not get that folks aggressively don't give a crap about Anna?"
    Boom-Boom: " Frozen casting Part 1, peeps. Scott says Anna Marie for Elsa. OMG, right? Yay or nay?"
    Boom-Boom: "Yay, yay, Roguey nerd squealing, yay, yay, your crazy ex claiming you never said anything that nice to her and you're an ungrateful jerk and she hates you for not calling, yay, yay, Logan warning Remy that you're making a move on his girl, okay that's just too funny, yay, yay..."
    Boom-Boom: "Oh, don't worry, Remy is all 'say whaaaat?' Yay, yay, your other crazy ex going on about her all new, all different relationship. OMG, we know, freak the efff out over Roguey being the awesomest Elsa ever of GTFO, gawd. Yay, yay, no, it's me, Cyclops doesn't tweet, yay, yay, nay, oh, come on, Hank, you're just being petty on principle, yay, yay aaannnddd... truckloads of more yays, basically. Alright Scott, I think we can safely establish you were totally right."
    Boom-Boom: "Frozen casting Part 2. Scott says Kitty for Anna. Too true, right? Yay or nay? Yay, yay, death threats from Kitty, yay, yay, Peter laughing his ass off, yay, yay, the other Peter laughing his ass off, yay, yay, wait, there's another Peter? Whatevs. Yay, yay, your crazy ex laughing her ass off and totally forgiving you for not calling, yay, yay, more death threats from Kitty, yay, yay, your other crazy ex not shutting up about her all new, all different relationship. OMG, Lucas, please take her phone away, Gawd. What do you mean she won't let you? Yay, yay, nay, seriously, Hank, didn't we have this conversation like 2 minutes ago, yay, yay, Cyclops was right, yay, yay, hashtag StopItCyclopsWasWrong, yay, yay, Five billion dollars bounty on your head, more yays and holy crap, fastest hundred millions followers ever. Niiiice. Oooooh, this is going to be fuuun."
    I keep getting a new favorite every time you do these. Me stating it is probably getting redundant.

Scott's naivety acts perfectly for humor.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Spectacular Member

Great issue. So glad to see what's up nextfor Cyke
    Have you pre-ordered Nova yet? I have.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    There really isn't a "debate" anymore. Marvel editorial took Rightclops behind the shed and put both barrels through his face. Then dumped the giblets all over Emma's character, blamed her, and walked away.

Who needs original story telling? Just reset everything to 1991. The team is back. Magneto is cartoonishly evil with his Brotherhood on Asteroid M, Emma is cartoonishly evil with the Hellfire Club. I would say it takes balls to spit in the face of literally every paying customer for the last 27 years, but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah it's a very weird thing. I'm happy Scott is back but I could have done without the jabs at Emma and the past few years I spent supporting Cyclops. As a fan of Emma, it's really upsetting and it seems like it might be setup to justify hate towards Scott as a result. At this point though, I wouldn't blame them.

I'm still looking forward to what Rosenberg is doing. Hopefully that comes out well.

I'd like to give the resurrected Jean a chance, but it's editorial narrative like this that really keeps me away. Like, after all the work past writers-- Whedon, especially-- have done to build up Emma. It also takes a dump on powerful-- and established-- moments like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    It is pretty amazing that instead of a simple "I wasn't wrong then, but circumstances are different now and we won't be doing things the same way," Marvel just leans all the way into their stupid narrative that holds no weight for anyone who actually read the stories and wasn't a blind hater from the start, lol.
    I think Fluffy hit the nail a few pages back: Marvel missed the memo that it's 2019 and people can sniff out #FakeNews.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post

Someone get this guy an artist, stat!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I keep getting a new favorite every time you do these. Me stating it is probably getting redundant.

Scott's naivety acts perfectly for humor.
    You should've been here for the Pom-X and Evil!Kitty ones back in the original appreciation thread. Those were pure gold.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    You should've been here for the Pom-X and Evil!Kitty ones back in the original appreciation thread. Those were pure gold.
    Hm, sounds like I missed out on quite a bit.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Moving this here:

Now that I've had time off, I still dislike those words at the end of the annual but I've also gotten a dislike for Kid cable as well as Cyke's handling of him.

If Cyke's attitude is to go to a less combative, then Kid's cable's action should be inexcusable. Did Cyke learn or figure this out? ANd if so, did he take Kid Cable to task for endangering people who had nothing to do with what was going on just to prove some nonsensical point?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Can't see it happening since lancer doesn't like Cyclops since Morrison and hardly would feel like the annual changed anything.

Someone else would have to yell back at CC.
    Argue Rightclops? I really can't do it since I haven't read it. To me, Rightclops is him post Morrison leaving. The alpha male of the X Universe making the hard choices creating Utopia etc. I know the basics, but I didn't actually read it to really be able to debate it.

My arguments have mostly ended with Morrison's Cyclops. Actually, ENDSONG. Now, I have said I am totally against a story where Cyclops is sending out kill squads. I don't think for one second he should be that character. But I can't morally condemn the character without knowing more specifics. But as I've said, I'm covered either way. If he really had NO other choice, I would argue that the story wouldn't be told. I can plot a story that makes any story do that. Back when Byrne had Superman execute the Kryptonian criminals, I thought he had created a scenario where it left him little othe choice, My feeling was, then, he shouldn't have plotted the story like that.

There is also other Rightclops stuff that doesn't read like how I want to see Cyclops portrayed. But have detailed debate about it? Not me, wrong guy. Don't know whether Fubar actually read those books are not, but his some of his posts read like he did. He could at least make a representative argument. Since he's apparently retired, though, someone else will have to step up All I can tell you for sure is it ain't me. Not post ENDSONG.

I think we should be careful about how we approach creators on social media. Yes, we can discuss and even disagree but we shouldn't pile on. I have had disagreements with Rosenberg on twitter. I wrote him about something I didn't like about Phoenix Resurrection. He said he disagreed and I didn't carry on with it. I have liked things he has said since our disagreement. Sometimes you have to agree to disagree.

I do understand not appreciating his comments about Scott and his past. He has said worrisome things about Jean and her connection to the Phoenix which make me cringe (like his takeaways are beyond bizarre), but those are his insights and how he sees the characters and the story.

We shouldn't harass creators. He was already getting heat from Jean/Scott shippers so I can see why the negativity got to him.

I do think he is a talented writer, and I am sure he will do good with Scott. His version of Scott will not be the one that is beloved by fans on this board. So many of you loved the Rightclops version and this version at least still acknowledges that era. Just like with Phoenix Resurrection Rosenberg didn't retcon Jean, but he did reset her back to the 90s version and the same is likely happening to Scott.

I hated the 90s years ago, and now when I look back I like it better but I don't want to go back there. The truth is, we are back in the 90's. I just hope it doesn't last too long.

I am glad Scott is back.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I'm only retired from the RightClops vs. BoyScott debate.

As for why, I got tired of repeating myself. The people articulate enough to be worth arguing with--Ulfhammer, Hizashi, and a few others--already know my views, and I know theirs. My views haven't changed significantly, and I don't have anything new to add. As far as I'm concerned, the subject is talked out. Interested parties can go back and dig through the pre-2018 Cyclops thread if they want to read my in-depth opinion on the matter.
    Thanks, I appreciate your point of view as well. I'm not sure when, or if, I'll retire from that debate.

Hm, sounds like I missed out on quite a bit.
    Know what's the really, really funny thing? The basic premise was that Scott and Kitty ended up on a space road trip because nobody wanted Kitty on their team, lol. Keep in mind, that was before Guggenheim.

I'll try and find the first one. It was during Black Vortex, I think. Back in a few.

george perez needs to come out of retirement to draw fluffyclops' scripts
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate