View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 108 of 619 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    The second one would be Emma and scotts song.
    I would think Metallica's Nothing Else Matters

"Trust I seek and I find in you
    Every day for us something new
    Open mind for a different view
    And nothing else matters."

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Don't do anything rash. Uncanny may be a disappointment but for me pretty much any new Cyclops story has got to be better than what we've had to deal with since forever. I actually think Brisson wrote a good story. We're talking about one very specific aspect of it that's a problem. If the issues going forward aren't enjoyable for you, drop the title. I'll stick with this and see where it goes. At least a good chunk of the character I love is there. I may end up giving up on a title, but I'll never give up on the character.

If some of you are thinking about leaving or quitting, I'd say if you really think you need to for your mental health then do so. Or take a long break. The community will suffer for your absence but we all have to put our health first.

That said, this is our community. There isn't one person here who doesn't add something irreplaceable to it. What draws us to enjoy exchanging our thoughts isn't something that's under Marvel's control. They just provide the canvas. If you like the community I'd urge you to stay active. This too will pass. And if it doesn't at least we'll probably get some new things to argue about.
    I think I may have been too ambiguous at the end there, but don't worry, I wouldn't do anything rash. In all honesty, I enjoyed the issue for the most part and will see where it goes. The worst thing I could do is just quit buying some books for a while. As someone who's career is in healthcare, I should have been more careful with my words but yeah. Some time away from the books might be a good idea for some. This community is filled with awesome people and I wish everyone in it the best.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I would think Metallica's Nothing Else Matters

"Trust I seek and I find in you
    Every day for us something new
    Open mind for a different view
    And nothing else matters."
    Makes sense. With Marvel's current direction, Scott and Jean's seems to be Trust by Megadeth.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Makes sense. With Marvel's current direction, Scott and Jean's seems to be Trust by Megadeth.
    For me Scott and Jean song right now would be Breaking Benjamin diary of Jane.

He will need to find his way in her diary and something is about to break. Where has the love gone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Moving this here:

Now that I've had time off, I still dislike those words at the end of the annual but I've also gotten a dislike for Kid cable as well as Cyke's handling of him.

If Cyke's attitude is to go to a less combative, then Kid's cable's action should be inexcusable. Did Cyke learn or figure this out? ANd if so, did he take Kid Cable to task for endangering people who had nothing to do with what was going on just to prove some nonsensical point?
    My thoughts exactly.It's marvel trying to prove their false point.
    Last edited by AHRNIHAL; 01-25-2019 at 02:56 AM.

BANNED

I wonder what excuse they will give for the hit list in new uncanny after having Scott saying "I was wrong".Lol,maybe they are just going after mutants so it doesn't matter or the greatest hero wolverine is with him,so it doesn't matter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I wonder what excuse they will give for the hit list in new uncanny after having Scott saying "I was wrong".Lol,maybe they are just going after mutants so it doesn't matter or the greatest hero wolverine is with him,so it doesn't matter.
    "I was wrong, I'd declared war on humankind first"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I hated the 90s years ago, and now when I look back I like it better but I don't want to go back there. The truth is, we are back in the 90's.
    Superficially, yes. Substantially, no.

The current X-books, aside from maybe Mr. and Mrs. X, are more 90s pastiche than truly 90s redux. We're getting the trappings--the costumes, the complex continuity, the tons of characters, the big events--but not the substance--the thick characterization, the long-term plotting, the dense storytelling, the occasional Claremont/Lobdell-style "quiet" issues.

If anything, the action-heavy, concept-driven model of today's X-books is more reminiscent of the Silver Age, just in 90s drag.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I was starting to wonder about that too, a hit-list doesn't gel with the specifics of his declaration at the end of the annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I was starting to wonder about that too, a hit-list doesn't gel with the specifics of his declaration at the end of the annual.
    I assume it's a capture, not a kill, mission. It's kind of half baked honestly. Scott has no support, no base of operations, no links to the authorities to authorize use of resources like the RAFT and I suspect he's still wanted by the authorities. His legal status is huge blackhole actually, but I can't imagine that with the other X-Men gone, the FF or SHIELD will be lining up to assist him. Scott must pull a lot of strings together in the next issue if he wants to be hunting and capturing some of these heavy hitters any time soon.

Can't wait for Scott's face when he hears the school moved to Central Park, via Limbo no less.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Superficially, yes. Substantially, no.

The current X-books, aside from maybe Mr. and Mrs. X, are more 90s pastiche than truly 90s redux. We're getting the trappings--the costumes, the complex continuity, the tons of characters, the big events--but not the substance--the thick characterization, the long-term plotting, the dense storytelling, the occasional Claremont/Lobdell-style "quiet" issues.

If anything, the action-heavy, concept-driven model of today's X-books is more reminiscent of the Silver Age, just in 90s drag.
    IDK it feels just as vapid and depressing as 90% of the 90s X-Men to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    IDK it feels just as vapid and depressing as 90% of the 90s X-Men to me.
    The worst arcs of the 90's are still vastly better than anything produced in the last few years, actually most of the decade really. I don't know who modern comics are actually targeted to because they don't seem to please anyone. At least in the 80's and 90's everyone either like or hated a story line. There wasn't much apathy. Now were swimming in a sea of it.

The worst arcs of the 90's are still vastly better than anything produced in the last few years, actually most of the decade really. I don't know who modern comics are actually targeted to because they don't seem to please anyone. At least in the 80's and 90's everyone either like or hated a story line. There wasn't much apathy. Now were swimming in a sea of it.
    If you ask me, the 90s wasn't perfect, but it was miles better than most of the stuff that we got in the last 18 years.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

I assume it's a capture, not a kill, mission. It's kind of half baked honestly. Scott has no support, no base of operations, no links to the authorities to authorize use of resources like the RAFT and I suspect he's still wanted by the authorities. His legal status is huge blackhole actually, but I can't imagine that with the other X-Men gone, the FF or SHIELD will be lining up to assist him. Scott must pull a lot of strings together in the next issue if he wants to be hunting and capturing some of these heavy hitters any time soon.

Can't wait for Scott's face when he hears the school moved to Central Park, via Limbo no less.
    That premise seems very high-risk/high-reward; either they fail to establish logical solutions to these problems that you point out or they succeed in using those problems as creative limitations. Obviously, despite my displeasure with the speech in the annual and newfound anxiety that Marvel is about to make things worse, I genuinely want Cyclops treated with respect and hope he's written well. I'm not determined to dislike everything Marvel does, I don't think any of Cyke's fans are, but I'm not happy with how the annual ended.

Maybe they won't tell him about Central Park? Spare him.

Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.