View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 150 of 619 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Here is the initial sketch before Uncanny #11 bumps this into numerous pages.

Attachment 78197
    "Taste the rainbow mother#$%=er"
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
    There's a difference between a lack of optimism and spoilers:
    killing multiple fan favorite characters
    end of spoilers just to set the tone as bleak.
    Shit's getting old.
    I didn't care for those characters, but I'm sorry you felt that way. But I felt the tone of the issue made for some serious debates without having people argue with cyclops about schism fofr the 100th time. This was the perfect way to reintroduce him into the world. It sucks those characters you liked died, but this is only the 1st issue, could always be a fake out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I know Emma's "Where were you when our babies were dying?" is considered an iconic line, but I honestly never liked the notion of holding the Avengers accountable for the fact that... well, basically the premise of the X-Men exists. We know danged well that it's OOC for most other heroes in the MU to stand by and watch innocent people be persecuted, but it's just not in the remit of the Avengers offices to address the various mutant extinction events in any big way. For me, it's one of those limitations of a shared universe that just has to be handwaved.
    Agree, but in the context of Civil War it worked as that story itself broke many of the genre conventions/unstated rules.

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Agree, but in the context of Civil War it worked as that story itself broke many of the genre conventions/unstated rules.
    Kind of, but it still has the same issue as Emma calling out Carol about the post-M-Day slaughter of students - the Avengers typically don't get involved in X-Men books beyond cameo roles because this isn't the Avengers franchise. We'd all be screaming blue murder about the X-Men being upstaged if Cap and Iron Man showed up and solved the X-Men's problems on a regular basis, so it seems a bit unfair to then resent when they don't. Sometimes, I think it'd make more sense to just say the X-Men deliberately try to keep the Avengers out of things, given that there's a government-sanctioned heroes vs vigilantism thing going on, and the reason we don't see the Avengers showing up to arrest the X-Men more often is because they're turning as blind an eye as they can to this paramilitary crew trying to help people in their own way. But I'm not sure when the last time the Avengers were an actual government-sanctioned team anyway, so not sure that even applies anymore.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 02-06-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I know Emma's "Where were you when our babies were dying?" is considered an iconic line, but I honestly never liked the notion of holding the Avengers accountable for the fact that... well, basically the premise of the X-Men exists. We know danged well that it's OOC for most other heroes in the MU to stand by and watch innocent people be persecuted, but it's just not in the remit of the Avengers offices to address the various mutant extinction events in any big way. For me, it's one of those limitations of a shared universe that just has to be handwaved.
    I do not expect the Avengers to solve the mutant problems even because Cap is in a horrible position after SE but I hope they at least do the bare minimum as condemning deaths of mutants or how they are using the cure. What about the Uncanny Avengers only promises?

On the other hand every time a civil war happens the Avengers do not think twice about involving the X-men in their problems.

BANNED

The Avengers are not sanctioned by the government (you could say they're sanctioned by Wakanda if you want, sure) and, certainly, I don't think it's needed to show them actually tackling mutant problems. It could just be handwaved with a line like "We've been trying to calm things down and help mutants, but it's been a mess", but the choice of narrative was that they basically did squat, so there's that. They're currently involved in a weapons race with the Squadron Supreme, Winter Guard, etc., not to mention the vampires. But the X-Office wants the narrative that the Avengers don't consider them muties a priority, so there's that. I don't think it stains the Avengers anymore than whatever they're currently doing.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    ......OK. Here we go.

spoilers:
    The opening preview remains the same so here's what's next:

-Redhead waitress hits on Scott. He's been looking at those files for days.
    -He saves Ruth. She tells him Death is coming and that the xmen and many mutants are dead. Scott doesn't believe it. RUth asks him not to do what he is going to do.
    -Blahblah Nothing will be the same blahblah
    -Arc Words: This is Forever
    -Goes to Phil Urich. Gets told Mutants are dead
    -Has bad drunk moment interrupted by Maddrox. Asks him to track RUth
    -GOes underground to the Morlocks. Chambers there. Evrryone is pissed that he died, started a war-blah blah-and want nothing to do with the xmen
    -Ruth commited suicide.
    -Goes to Humanity forever rally. Starts a brawl but is helped by Cap. Ain't havin g any of Cap or the Avengers. Broadcasts to the world that he is back and that he is looking for others to join him
    -Reavers, Sapiens and Purifiers show up
    -Logan shows up and its a brawl.
    -Logan says they have work to do.

end of spoilers

The main story managed to barely keep me here. I do NOT like this direction. I do not like all this doom and despair considering the 4 years of Decimation and that year of EXM.

I do like Scott's character here.

spoilers:
    There is no spinelessness here.
    end of spoilers
    Nice summary! I loved it. Uncanny X-Men #11 should give Cyclops fans plenty to appreciate.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Yeah, it was indeed a good issue. It gets better as a companion piece to Marvelous X-Men, actually. On one you have a perfect utopia starting to crumble, on the other you have the bleakest scenario starting to look brighter. Let's hope the X-Office can keep up the pace.

Astonishing Member

The death of cyclops
    51460959_10156947885049451_2871172335862284288_n.jpg
    Via bleeding cool

That f u to Rogers was just what I need after annual. The art is just so bad but hey it actually felt like it was Scott and not Tyke for now.

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    Look what you made me do Marvel. Spend 10 minutes of my life on a Carebear that I have not play with seens i was 10...

What Marvel wants Cyclops to be right now.
    Attachment 78192

What we want

Attachment 78193

( so i forgot the plush and left it at the door and... My dad and brother are mad at me for scaring them.... I said blame it on Marvel and was told to go to my room. Please someone make a meme of this.)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Here is the initial sketch before Uncanny #11 bumps this into numerous pages.

Attachment 78197
    Lol well this made my day

UXM #11 is a lot better than I dared to want, I’m satisfied with this issue overall. Let’s see if Rosenberg can keep this level of quality in later issues. He failed in Disassembled so I won’t rise up my expectation right now.

spoilers:

Scott, to Cable: I was wrong.
    Scott, to Cap: $&@#% you, Rogers!

Bless you, editorial.
    end of spoilers
    "He did it. Summers did it."
    "I don't understand...What exactly did Cyclops do?"
    "He kept his people alive."

Yeah, #11 could've been worse, and there's still a chance that it fumbles later, but other than its bleak tone it was pretty good.

spoilers:
    I think it did a good job of making me sympathetic for Ruth - Logan seemed to know what she was gonna do. As for Scott, I think he's written pretty well, and I absolutely loved the FU to Steve. I'm glad Marvel admitted that the X-Men act as a deterrent for the most overzealous enemies of mutantkind - I mean obviously, right? I'm hoping we see the team formed quickly.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

loved this issue!
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Scott led a war against the Inhumans....WTF?!?!? How was that possible when he was DEAD when during IvX? He was dead before the conflict in DoX happened as well