View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 180 of 619 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230280 ... LastLast
Results 2,686 to 2,700 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont disagree with what she did bc that cloud needed to be destroyed. What I take issue with, which I feel Scott would to was letting everyone believe that was him as any gains he made in UXM 600 were ruined as she let him get further trashed around the world. Once the cloud was destroyed, there was no reason to continue that lie. She could have redeemed him but she didnt. People will say she did it so his death would have meaning but that didnt build him up as a hero or someone to be revered, but rather further hated and demonized. I really think she kept that secret to save her own ass from Inhuman retaliation. I know people dont like the teen version and he was a bit overly dramatic but I think Emma owed it to Scott to at least let his younger self know what was up as he felt the brunt of her actions the most.
    Thats kinda hard cause DoX was written after he whole Hiterclops rhetoric. So while Emma has some fault in not telling Tyke, Scotts legacy being tainted is more on Editorial and the xmen.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I may have to reread DoX but if the Xmen were just coming off AvX, letting this cloud gain momentum would've been disastrous. There may or may not have been a time limit on what they could do.

And that rescue mission just like DoX came with complications that blew away what they thought they could do. So they had to stave off the killing until something could fix it. A plan is nice but there was no guarantee that things would work out and they had to make due.
    They could have fled with the most important asset they had in Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I don't get your point here. So Emma was wrong for everything that happened in IvX because Alchemy died?
    I'm not talking about IvX I'm talking about what she did immediately after Cyclops death and how that's not what he would have wantrd. IDK what you're getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    So Scott's plan would have been to run away from someone trying to exterminate them, and just hide in space or in Limbo?

I'm not talking about IvX I'm talking about what she did immediately after Cyclops death and how that's not what he would have wantrd. IDK what you're getting at.
    What you're saying is that Scott, the same person who confronted literally everything trying to hurt mutants since Morrison, even to the detriment of everyone and anyone around him, would run away and let innocent mutants get gassed to death. Emma destroyed the first cloud before it could kill the estimated 1,000 mutants living in Spain. That's where that battle took place.

So Scott's plan would have been to run away from someone trying to exterminate them, and just hide in space or in Limbo?
    No his plan would have been to take Alchemy and work on a plan to get rid of not just one , but both clouds in a way that wouldn't kill the only person capable of doing so.

Nobody was trying to exterminate them. The cloud was indiscriminately killing mutants and turning poor souls into monsters. Inciting a war with the Inhumans on top of the cloud killing mutants certainly helped no one.

She invoked his name for the reasons shown: his name still carried weight among mutants that supported him. They rallied against the Inhumans, and forced the issue into the spotlight.
    yes that is why she did it but you ignored my point. Once she did that, there was no need to keep that lie going as he was dead and she wasnt using his name to carry weight after the cloud was destroyed. She f--ked over his legacy by keeping that to herself

Uh...fled where? Just take the whole school and go into space? Again I have to reread on if there was a time crunch. Plus the Cloud poisoned some and not others. Alchemy would probably have still died.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

No his plan would have been to take Alchemy and work on a plan to get rid of not just one , but both clouds in a way that wouldn't kill the only person capable of doing so.

Nobody was trying to exterminate them. The cloud was indiscriminately killing mutants and turning poor souls into monsters. Inciting a war with the Inhumans on top of the cloud killing mutants certainly helped no one.
    Nobody was trying to exterminate them? I'm guessing you didn't read any of Death of X or IvX then.

The cloud is sacred to the Inhumans. Medusa said that there would be no attempts to remove or modify the cloud. Medusa knew the Terrigen is lethal to mutants, because she was there when Unus the Untouchable died of M-Pox shortly after M-Day. She even warned Quicksilver about it. Therefore, the Inhumans were willing to let every mutant on the planet die rather than remove the cloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yes that is why she did it but you ignored my point. Once she did that, there was no need to keep that lie going as he was dead and she wasnt using his name to carry weight after the cloud was destroyed. She f--ked over his legacy by keeping that to herself
    She kept that deception to herself because if the X-Men knew that Black Bolt hadn't killed Scott, they would have taken Storm and Beast's advice and just fled the planet. Mutantkind would have been 99% exterminated, and Scott's death would have meant exactly nothing.

What you're saying is that Scott, the same person who confronted literally everything trying to hurt mutants since Morrison, even to the detriment of everyone and anyone around him, would run away and let innocent mutants get gassed to death. Emma destroyed the first cloud before it could kill the estimated 1,000 mutants living in Spain. That's where that battle took place.
    Yeah because sending Alchemy into the cloud unprotected to die saved the untold thousands of other mutants kill by the other cloud when it all came down to it. It was a bad plan. Emma caused a panic that helped no one and it pretty much eff'd up any time they had to evacuate mutants from the city.

She kept that deception to herself because if the X-Men knew that Black Bolt hadn't killed Scott, they would have taken Storm and Beast's advice and just fled the planet. Mutantkind would have been 99% exterminated, and Scott's death would have meant exactly nothing.
    The plan to flee the planet happened in IvX, almost a year after Scott died. That is not why Emma kept up that lie for that long. She did it to save her ass from the Inhumans when she went underground

Nobody was trying to exterminate them? I'm guessing you didn't read any of Death of X or IvX then.

The cloud is sacred to the Inhumans. Medusa said that there would be no attempts to remove or modify the cloud. Medusa knew the Terrigen is lethal to mutants, because she was there when Unus the Untouchable died of M-Pox shortly after M-Day. She even warned Quicksilver about it. Therefore, the Inhumans were willing to let every mutant on the planet die rather than remove the cloud.
    Okay so who was trying to exterminate mutants in DoX/IvX? What villain/hero/Anti-Hero or whatever geared up in the course of any of these events and decided "let's go exterminate mutants"?

And I'm not giving Medusa or more specifically Blackbolt a pass on anything, but they're irrelevant. I'm talking about Emma and Scott.

Yeah because sending Alchemy into the cloud unprotected to die saved the untold thousands of other mutants kill by the other cloud when it all came down to it. It was a bad plan. Emma caused a panic that helped no one and it pretty much eff'd up any time they had to evacuate mutants from the city.
    Having Alchemy try and destroy the cloud was better than letting 1000 innocent mutants die. Especially since the theory that he could neutralize the cloud before it hurt him was sound. And likely would have worked if Inferno didn't injure him on his first attempt.