View Poll Results: Do you love him?

Voters
274. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 209 of 619 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259309 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 9276

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I always thought that Cyclops was too emotionally underveloped to have a proper relationship with anyone.
    A lifetime of supression and being groomed to make choices as a leaderwhile being a teenager ...16? Could make anyone a basket case.
    I always thought that Scott went for psychics because they could see behind the barriers and help him cope with his lack of parental guidence that he didnt get as a child.
    Im still waiting for the first real moment when Scott and Jean meet and Scott tells her that he knows that she messed with his mind to go to Emma. I dont think he should forgive her for that one. Who knows what else it influenced?
    Personally I always found unfair how many people chewed Scott for his relationship with Emma when he was basically sexual abused for both Emma and Jean. He went to Emma looking for help on his marriage and she used his position as his phycologist to take advantage, for a mentally damaged men who wanted help and was her patient. A totally unetic movement to say the least. As for Jean she just enter in his mind without his consentiment and thrown a tantrum about what was basically a fantasy, yes she was physic and she took that very serious, and Emma gloaded, but also had to understand that Scott wasn't physic and all that was just a thought for him. And after throwing a tantrum and guilt tripping him, Jean changes her mind and practically mindraped him to go after Emma, F%& his free will. Still Jeans is regarded as a victim or even a hero while Scott is remember as a cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Personally I always found unfair how many people chewed Scott for his relationship with Emma when he was basically sexual abused for both Emma and Jean. He went to Emma looking for help on his marriage and she used his position as his phycologist to take advantage, for a mentally damaged men who wanted help and was her patient. A totally unetic movement to say the least. As for Jean she just enter in his mind without his consentiment and thrown a tantrum about what was basically a fantasy, yes she was physic and she took that very serious, and Emma gloaded, but also had to understand that Scott wasn't physic and all that was just a thought for him. And after throwing a tantrum and guilt tripping him, Jean changes her mind and practically mindraped him to go after Emma, F%& his free will. Still Jeans is regarded as a victim or even a hero while Scott is remember as a cheater.
    Scott was not sexually abused by neither Emma or Jean. THAT is a stretch

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    If roles where reversed, everyone would be after Male Emma and Male Jean for one trying to manipulate a emotional and traumatize female. The other one for letting it happen and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Foxey View Post
    Pencil layer of the cyke pic done.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5azA3a1
    Lovely

10chara

Jean no. Emma... maybe. People suffering from severe mental impairments cannot legally consent, especially during what is ostensibly a therapy session.

Curious. Was it basically a Fantasy
    I think Mantis and her husband had sex in astral Form when she got pregnant (I may be wrong).

Lol, it would have been hilarious if Emma had gotten pregnant (maybe they used psychic protection)

I disagree, sexal abuse is not only about rape, but also gets in more subtle ways.

A physiologist manipulating his patient to get in a relationship with him it's unethical and depending of the country even a crime, and let's not talk about brainwashing someone to start a relationship. Cyclops was in a very fragile mental state and seek for help, the person who should have helped him instead manipulated him, she even used to dress as his wife to make him fall easier. I don't say that Cyclops is totally innocent but just pinning all the fault on him was unfair. About Jean she plainly mindraped him, he had already refused a relationship with Emma and Jean played with his mind. To get an extreme example, nobody dubout that Killgrave or Mastermind were rapist.

Of course all this is just IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Curious. Was it basically a Fantasy
    I think Mantis and her husband had sex in astral Form when she got pregnant (I may be wrong).

Lol, it would have been hilarious if Emma had gotten pregnant (maybe they used psychic protection)
    I don't have idea about Mantis but Emma lack of physical eggs, isn't it? all them were used in the Cuckoos, maybe she also lack of physiquic ones. Lol

I disagree, sexal abuse is not only about rape, but also gets in more subtle ways.

A physiologist manipulating his patient to get in a relationship with him it's unethical and depending of the country even a crime, and let's not talk about brainwashing someone to start a relationship. Cyclops was in a very fragile mental state and seek for help, the person who should have helped him instead manipulated him, she even used to dress as his wife to make him fall easier. I don't say that Cyclops is totally innocent but just pinning all the fault on him was unfair. About Jean she plainly mindraped him, he had already refused a relationship with Emma and Jean played with his mind. To get an extreme example, nobody dubout that Killgrave or Mastermind were rapist.

I don't have idea about Mantis but Emma lack of physical eggs, isn't it? all them were used in the Cuckoos, maybe she also lack of physiquic ones. Lol
    The average human female has around 1,000,000 eggs between both ovaries. Sublime only took around 50,000 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Jean no. Emma... maybe. People suffering from severe mental impairments cannot legally consent, especially during what is ostensibly a therapy session.
    IDA that he was severely mentally impaired. He still knew right from wrong. He flat out tells Emma what they were doing was wrong, yet he chose to do it anyway. The temptation was greater than his conscious

No one said anything about rape. I still disagree with you. Scott is not a victim of sexual abuse and it does a disservice to actual victims to equate his situations to that

IDA that he was severely mentally impaired. He still knew right from wrong. He flat out tells Emma what they were doing was wrong, yet he chose to do it anyway. The temptation was greater than his conscious

No one said anything about rape. I still disagree with you. Scott is not a victim of sexual abuse and it does a disservice to actual victims to equate his situations to that
    I would argue that saying temptation caused him to do it despite him suffering from severe PTSD that neither Charles nor Jean was willing or able to help with is more of a disservice to sex abuse survivors. Based on everything that happened afterwards, including Jean needing to make some changes to his mind to make him stay with Emma only confirms that.

IDA that he was severely mentally impaired. He still knew right from wrong. He flat out tells Emma what they were doing was wrong, yet he chose to do it anyway. The temptation was greater than his conscious.
    I agree with you to a point - I think Scott was very vulnerable but not to the point that his actions with Emma are fully absolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I agree with you to a point - I think Scott was very vulnerable but not to the point that his actions with Emma are fully absolved.
    There is some level of blame at some point for Scott. I don't dispute that. But most of the blame should fall on Emma for what happened.

My statement started this all and while I dont think what Emma did was rape...though again...if it was a reverse gender situation it could be played that way.
    I just think it was a terrible decision by Jean(Morrison) to have only two situations come about by one decision...just A....what we got now i guess if he went with Emma...and B...total apocalypse or whatever happened if he shunned Emma.
    The fact that there was only two routes was such lazy writing. Like there wouldnt be a different butterfly effect from every single decision every teammate made.
    And the fact that Scott was practically dry humping Emma on Jeans grave should have been some sort of signal that Scott had been mentally manipulated by Jean.
    It was such a departure for Scotts normally stoic behavior
    Jean took away his free will. I believe Scott instinctively knew and this caused the behavior exhibited later in his character.
    Not that Scotts character is healthy but thats a topic for another time.

There is some level of blame at some point for Scott. I don't dispute that. But most of the blame should fall on Emma for what happened.
    I think that’s a fair assessment. Unfortunately Morrison didn’t give us enough of Scott’s internal monologue to make a clinical assessment of his state of mind. Two things are undeniable. First, he was without a doubt mentally and emotionally compromised. Second, Emma presented herself as a legitimate therapeutic option, whether we agree that Scott should have seen her that way or not.

Of course Scott began to understand that they crossed a line because he wasn’t morally compromised. Just because he recognized that what he was doing was wrong doesn’t necessarily mean he had the emotional capacity to resolve the situation. Hell, even Jean (read Morrison) suggested that the blame should mostly fall on Emma. I suspect that was due to Morrison being privy to details of Scott’s emotional state more so than the reader. Regardless we know Scott was compromised and Emma wasn’t. That in itself should be enough to show a power imbalance in the situation.

Yeah, absolutely. It's a murky situation to put it delicately.