• Hell yes!

218 79.56%
  • Absolutely!

106 38.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 619 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Editorial is always the issue. Plus where people are when those relationships are presented.

For me on Nightwing: not a big fan but I've watched Dick Grayson on TT Animated so I gravitated to NightFire. FOr others seeing him flirt and grow with Batgirl in the Batfam was the way to go.

ANd here with Cyke: I had no idea of Morrison's run or who Emma was until I finally read Astonishing(my first xmen comic). I liked it well enough and while that did diminish thanks to finally reading Morrison, I still had some favorable times watching them together.

But then the really stupid break ups and shake ups(one particularly bad one involving Dick and Babs) and its just ugh.

But yeah I think a good next step in Scott's character is learning to live by yourself...in between Father/son bonding with Wifi.
    Editorial is probably Scott's greatest enemy. But yeah, the biggest reason is probably just bad writing decisions.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by DianaWw View Post
    He has been single longer then he has been dead. So yes a new relationship would be nice. Is part of life and it will not be fake giving the amount of time that has pass for him to get over Emma or the other woman.
    Lol wait I though Emma was the other woman? This can go both ways. Seeing Jean with someone els can make him finally move on with his life and put the ghost behind him. So in his new relationship he can comit to it with out regarding nothing or memories of a dead love.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Forget about Jean or Emma for a moment.
    It is not about them, i just don't know, it is like with Nightwing, he has so many relationship that they all feel false and i feel that always having scott on relationship drama doesn't make him look any good.

You can make a character kiss and have sex and enter relationships but each new one makes all the others mean less. All the feelings and proclamations of love feel empty
    Scott has only three meaningful romances and for his age, it's completely normal. Over time, people forget their old relationships and start living new ones. There is no eternal love. Honestly, "eternal love" sounds very unhealthy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Editorial is probably Scott's greatest enemy. But yeah, the biggest reason is probably just bad writing decisions.
    I just hope they don't have him crying or holding on for Jean. She will be free and in a relationship, let Cyclops be free from this. He has been crying and holding on to a dead love for more then 15 years. He never love Emma the right way because his dead wife. Now that he is back and moving on with who ever he is it will not cast a shadow on the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Scott has only three meaningful romances and for his age, it's completely normal. Over time, people forget their old relationships and start living new ones. There is no eternal love. Honestly, "eternal love" sounds very unhealthy.
    I would say only one. Jean was always a ghost on his other two. He could never have a committed relationship with Emma or Maddie. Dead Jean always got in the way of him moving on. That was not fair to Maddie, not so sure about Emma because after all she did steal someone else husband right undre her very eyes.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Well, here's hoping that after being a punching bag and equated to Hitler that Scott finally gets some respect in the upcoming books.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Hopefully we get more cool scenes that show us his full powers.

Emma was right

I would say only one. Jean was always a ghost on his other two. He could never have a committed relationship with Emma or Maddie. Dead Jean always got in the way of him moving on. That was not fair to Maddie, not so sure about Emma because after all she did steal someone else husband right undre her very eyes.
    I disagree. The comics are full of evidence that Scott really loved Emma. Yes, over the past 14 years he remembered about Jean a couple of times. I also sometimes remember the people who have left a mark on my life, but this does not mean that I am in love with them, lol. It’s nostalgia.

I disagree. The comics are full of evidence that Scott really loved Emma. Yes, over the past 14 years he remembered about Jean a couple of times. I also sometimes remember the people who have left a mark on my life, but this does not mean that I am in love with them, lol. It’s nostalgia.
    What would you call it then? Because in Phoenix resurrection Emma her self said Scott though about Jean when they where having sex. That is not normal, at that level. But like I said on Emma we can call it karma for taking Scott from Jean. It was not a hard job to do anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by bell View Post

Hopefully we get more cool scenes that show us his full powers.

Emma was right

What would you call it then? Because in Phoenix resurrection Emma her self said Scott though about Jean when they where having sex. That is not normal, at that level. But like I said on Emma we can call it karma for taking Scott from Jean. It was not a hard job to do anyways.
    I don’t know. Sounds like a poor retcon to me, since in AvX Scott himself said that Emma was all he needed.
    And I actually don’t believe that you can “steal” a man. Men have their own heads on their shoulders to decide.
    Last edited by Gamall; 01-09-2019 at 05:31 PM.

I don’t know. Sounds like a poor retcon to me, since in AvX Scott himself said that Emma was all he needed.
    And I actually don’t believe that you can “steal” a man. Men have their own heads on their shoulders to decide.
    You didn't read it? What was the last book you read? This conversation would be so silly if only one of us read more then the other. But I wish to move pass this subject. I know bell and some others hate when is discussed here.

Emma was right

You didn't read it? What was the last book you read? This conversation would be so silly if only one of us read more and then the other. But I wish to move pass this subject. I know bell and some others hate when is discussed here.
    No, I read it. I just don't think that one comic can cross out 14 years of relationships.
    Ok, sorry, I’ll stop.

No, I read it. I just don't think that one comic can cross out 14 years of relationships.
    Ok, sorry, I’ll stop.
    I only pick it up because Scott, wish I didn't now. He only show up to die. As a Emma and Scott shipper what was done there was hurtful but Emma is a big girl and I do have hopes she and Scott will work it out. If not then he has all rights to move on with someone new.

Ok, sorry, I’ll stop.
    Nahh you can talk about it. Just no bashing Emma or Jean.